3 (2.4%)
Kildare
24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

Agent Orange

If as expected Derry are joined by Tyrone in Division 2 next year and Meath and Roscommon get promoted it leaves us with Armagh, Fermanagh, Derry, Tyrone, Cavan and Down. It'll be competitive at least.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2015, 04:34:10 PM
I'd fancy Laois against Down i have to say.
Are Cavan any use this year?

Jinxy - I'm in a MF35 these days but thankfully that shitehole Kells is no bypassed so the good folk of Cavan do not need to pass through its smelly streets. In fact most towns in Meath are now by passed for the same reason.

I would say Cavan are decent from 1-12, FF line is  struggling on wet windy days as they are light so I'm hoping for a nice day down in Navan. I am quietly confident as there is no fear factor for us playing Meath. Our goal this year was to consolidate Div2 this year and that is also achieved so the last day is about bonus territory. Meath would more than likely have been aiming for promotion so I think there will be more pressure on them.

I also think there are decent chances of other games going our (or Meaths) way. Laois are still in bother on 5 points and are just as good as Down, they could win there and Westmeath with a blanket defence in Mullingar will make it tough for Roscommon.

Jinxy

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 29, 2015, 04:55:17 PM
If as expected Derry are joined by Tyrone in Division 2 next year and Meath and Roscommon get promoted it leaves us with Armagh, Fermanagh, Derry, Tyrone, Cavan and Down. It'll be competitive at least.

It'll be nice and cosy with all those blankets.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

giveballaghback

4 teams left in the promotion race, heres the story from each teams point of view IF THEY WIN THEIR LAST GAME.
1. Down.  promoted.
2. Meath. if Down lose or draw Meath be promoted, if westmeath beat or draw with ros meath promoted.
3.Cavan. if down lose promoted, if ros win ros need to win by 3 points more than cavan win by or cavan promoted, if ros win by 2 points more than cavan win by than it goes on who scored the most in the league overall.
4 Rossies. if down lose or draw promoted, if meath win ros promoted, if cavan win see cavan.
if ros and meath win and down draw it goes to score difference between the 3.
all clear as mud God help us all. it has been fun and heartbreak, some great posts on here and the best of luck to all div 2 teams in the championship.

Syferus

The points difference between Cavan and us is two in Cavan's favour. Not four. If the third tie-breaker is points scored we almost surely would only need to win by two points more than Cavan do, assuming we both win of course. We have 101 points scored whereas Cavan have only 76, which is a pretty insurmountable difference with one round to be played.

gibbs32

For whatever reason johnny evans is happy not to b promoted which is madness. Attitude from management and team stank. If we dont get promoted there is every chance we will get relegated from div 2 nxt year with the amount of blanket grenades going to b in the pot. Beat wmeath and by a few to be safe and we will be promoted.very frustrating being at hyde today.massive worry over our midfield or lack of.hopefully higgins injury not too bad. Why was cothal shine taken off.madness.we capitulated.

Maroon Manc

Isn't there're a small chance Galway could go up?

Down get beat, Meath and Cavan draw and the Ross get beat whilst Galway hammer Kildare.

giveballaghback

Well done syf you spotted the deliberate mistake, had it corrected before your post came on.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 29, 2015, 06:35:47 PM

Down get beat, Meath and Cavan draw and the Ross get beat whilst Galway hammer Kildare.
Down and Cavan and Galway plus Meath would have 8 points
Galway beat Meath but lost to Down and Cavan who would go up, surely

gibbs32

If comer was sent off for u21 and senior in last two weeks how was he allowed to play?should he not have been banned ?

giveballaghback

maroon manc.  they have no chance, to many ifs

Maroon Manc

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2015, 06:40:25 PM

Down and Cavan and Galway plus Meath would have 8 points
Galway beat Meath but lost to Down and Cavan who would go up, surely

If more than 2 team on same points it would go to scoring difference?

GalwayBayBoy

Relying on too many other results. Blew it by losing all 3 games we had big leads in. Even had we won one of those it might have been enough. Probably would have been if we had the Corofin players from the start. Anyway will be happy enough to stay up at this stage.

gibbs32

Rossies u21 playing saturday evening and seniors following day.same as galway. No wonder galway went all out today. Murthagh and smith will b missing for us in senior and 1or two more.galway wont b too pushed comer not available. On another note.fixture lists from gaa are slave driven and disgusting

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 29, 2015, 09:02:14 AM
Poor game in tough conditions in Breffni. Westmeath were very poor, is there a last kick in them on the last day of the year? Who knows in this division. I think Cavan will beat Meath on the last day, we have no fear of playing them and gave them a good hiding the last time we were in Navan. If that happens we would be relying on Laois to beat Down. Good thing for us is that Laois need the points and have been improving. Galway are also now really need something from Ros today, I wouldn't be surprised if they got it too.

From a Cavan perspective I am just relieved we are safe with a game to spare as its so unpredictable in this division you just don't know what you would come up against on the last day.

Yeah, there was some amount of players loosing their footing all game. That game Saturday was another game we left behind. We were in a superb position at half time after playing against that swirling wind, whilst not playing particularly well. Again, we failed to push on and Cavan took over the game really. That's the second game this year where woeful shooting has cost us and the heads going down towards the end again was very disappointing to see. I don't know what is going on in our headspace but there's definitely a thesis for someone to get out of it.

Hard to see us getting out of this now. Not only do we have to win our game but are reliant on Down beating Laois and Galway getting a result against Kildare.  :-\
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...