Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Down ACFL Division 3

St. Paul's 3-13  Mitchels 2-9

Good to get the first win under the belt, were 2-7 to 0-4 up at half time, and started to cruise a bit which let Mitchels back into the game, with 2 goals towards the end but we never looked like losing it, especially when we got a third goal from a quick free. Hopefully this first win will give us the momentum to keep going and get a few more points on the board!!!

Square Ball

Quote from: TORGAEL on April 27, 2007, 09:00:42 PM
ACFL DIVISION 3

GLENN 3-8
DRUMGATH 2-9

very surprised with this one, any report
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

Tullylish beat Ardglass despite a typical east down refereeing performance my spies tell me.
Don't Panic

behind the wire

carryduff 0-5 clann na banna 0-8
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

passedit

Behind The Wire is your manager the same as last year? A frickin miracle worker if it is.
Don't Panic

cloneman

Downpatrick 0-11 Annaclone 1-09

spiritof91and94

Bryansford 0.12 Burren 1.06, a very poor Burren team with Ward still up to his old tricks! Burren goal was a fluke to say the least and they struggled all over the pitch, Bryansford missed alot tonight and should have easily won by 7 or 8 pts. Luke Howard very good again at right half back (on McKernan) scoring 2 second half points. McCartan ended up moving to many players around with the full back ending up full forward!

Longstone 0.14 An Riocht 1.07
Clonduff 2.08 Loughinisland 2.09
Castlewellan 0.11 Leitrim 0.13

Mourne Rover

Can anyone confirm that Ambrose appeared for the Stone tonight ? Ross, as well as the rest of us, will want to hear how he got on.

Cloc Mor

Results taken from Down website.  At last its great to see them updating it after a round of fixtures have been played.  All they need to do now is ditch that stupid caption competition.  Just checked - its already gone, thank God.

Friday 27th April

SFL 1
An Riocht 1:8 Longstone 0:14
Atticall SAT Kilcoo
Bryansford 0:12 Burren 1:6
Castlewellan 0:11 Liatroim 0:13
Mayobridge 1:12 Rostrevor 1:9
Loughinisland 2:9 Clonduff 2:8

SFL 2
Carryduff 0:6 Clann Na Banna 0:8
Ballymartin 3:10 Darragh Cross 0:4
Downpatrick 0:11 Annaclone 1:9
Ballyholland TUES Saval
Kilclief 1:8 Shamrocks 1:8
Glasdrumman 1:12 Warrenpoint 1:9

SFL3
Ardglass 1:8 Tullylish 2:9
Bright OFF Saul
Teconnaught 1:9 Bosco 2:4
Dundrum OFF Bredagh
Glenn 3:8 Drumgath 2:9
St. Pauls 3:13 Mitchels 2:9

SFL 4
Dromara 5:15 Ballykinlar 2:8
St. Michaels 1:11 Aghaderg 0:12
Drumaness 2:21 St. Johns 1:9

greygoose

Quote from: TORGAEL on April 27, 2007, 09:00:42 PM
ACFL DIVISION 3

GLENN 3-8
DRUMGATH 2-9

TORGAEL any thoughts on last night performance?

Square Ball

think the results in division 3 have shown that its gonna be one hell of a campaige, and a difficult division to get out of as everyone seems capable of beating everyone else
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

general

SFL3
Ardglass 1:8 Tullylish 2:9-good away win for underdogs of league, expect them 2 be fighting with drumgath and glenn
Bright OFF Saul
Teconnaught 1:9 Bosco 2:4-another good win
Dundrum OFF Bredagh
Glenn 3:8 Drumgath 2:9 - very good win against the title contenders, was always gona b tight, 2 teams i expect 2 be top at the end of season
St. Pauls 3:13 Mitchels 2:9 - mitchels very poor, deserved win for st pauls evn though they thought they won at half time

Cloc Mor

Saw notices for the U.15 and U.17 trials to be held this morning at 10.00 am and 9.45 am.  Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first notice I saw about these trials all week.  Not much notice but typical of the way we treat our youth.  Both trials are being held on two very poor council pitches - this simply is not good enough.

Mourne Rover

An interview with Kevin McGourty of Antrim in the Sunday Tribune today strongly suggested that he wants to transfer to Down. McGourty, who was MoM in the Sigerson Final last month, has fallen out with the Antrim manager, Jody Gormley, and says he wants to resume his county career elsewhere. The piece was full of hints that Down would be his first choice, next year rather than this summer. He would certainly be a possible solution to our midfield problems, but I would still prefer to see 15 Down men on our team. I know Shane King came in four years ago, but he had moved to Newcastle, was playing for Bryansford and was employed as a coach by the county board. McGourty has no existing Down connections, and apparently has no intention of either living here or turning out for a Down club. The article may just have been a bit of kite-flying, but I'm sure we will hear shortly if there is any substance to it.

spiritof91and94

Any chance you could post this article?