Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Any odds for SFC??

CPN will not be a player in championship this season, they have been flying too early.

downjim

Just read in Rathfriland Outlook that the two McIvors are to be approached. I'd be happy with that

our_fella

Quote from: downjim on July 10, 2018, 11:22:02 AM
Just read in Rathfriland Outlook that the two McIvors are to be approached. I'd be happy with that

Rathfriland Outlook, the source of ALL your GAA needs  :o

downjim

A very good paper for club notes I might add, if they could commit to Kilcoo then Down should be ok. Could he get Brannigan playing

Smurfy123

We have plenty of options lads but where will the money come from
Tally
McIvor
McEntee 
Moran
Will all expect a serious amount of money to take over this job and that's before you take into consideration selectors etc? Is the money about for these men? It will not be cheap

Pete
McCartan
Ross  Carr
Deegan

Would all be considerably cheaper if not free

downjim

Downs finances have greatly improved the past few years so I'm sure there is some about

Smurfy123

That greatly improved that you can now go paying a manager big money?

downjim

An exciting management team and good results will see sponsorship becoming easier.
Good PR needs to happen from within, as I said plenty of times clubs have better PR than the county. Cpn and the blue shirts are brand leaders in bull PR. If they win a toss there is a photo taken ffs

Our website is only good for results and there has not been a post up since  3rd July. These are easy fixes.

Smurfy123

So you go the the big names saying right can you wait until the end of the national league to get your money we just need to try get a few sponsors or board. ?

downjim

There is money there to play with I'm sure. The budget for the seniors is always the biggest and I'm sure Cahill can tighten the budget in other areas to make this happen.

elk

Quote from: downjim on July 10, 2018, 10:59:40 AM
Any odds for SFC??

CPN will not be a player in championship this season, they have been flying too early.
They had a bad crash landing against Loughisland last year surely they must do better this year, although Rostrevor could be a potential banana skin for them.Will Burren suffer the same fate this year against the Island? Any date for the first round yet?

whitegoodman

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 10, 2018, 01:36:06 PM
So you go the the big names saying right can you wait until the end of the national league to get your money we just need to try get a few sponsors or board. ?

Do you think Burns, Adams and Murray did it for free ??

Smurfy123

What sort of money would you be talking about white for the 3 combined?

downjim

9th Aug, Clonduff could be best equipped to take the Magpies. Really dangerous forward line. Will O'Hanlon play this season??

Samforever

School holidays well and truly started going by some of last few posts