Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

I really feel sorry for that small club who came through the leagues to be knocked down again, i hope Felix and the so called legend big tom can sleep tonight

Whitehair

For those at any football and hurling championship matches this weekend if they could throw up a brief match report for those in exile it'd be greatly appreciated.

Mid Down Gael

Poor game last night, very scrappy for long periods with Burren taking their chances better than their opponents being the main reason for their victory.
Mayobridge will feel they left this one behind, a slack goal conceeded being the difference at the finish. I feel if Benny had slotted in any of his goal chances and had more portection from the referee, who i must say gave Burren many easy frees which Donal OHare duly converted, they would have progressed.
Burren showed greater fittness and composure in the last ten minutes to come from one down, scoring four unanswered, but i feel Pluggy Barrys shot selection when the Bridge led was crazy, kicking two short, when working the ball in to the brilliant Kevin ORourke and Benny would have been wiser.
Burren showed great work ethic all over the field with Conor Toner giving an exibition of high fielding in the middle, Ciaran McGovern and Dan McCartan strong at the back and Donal OHare and James McGovern best in attack. They also used thier bench much better than the Bridge did using fresh legs at a critical stage in the game.
Kevin ORourke was the Bridges best player, Garvey put in some big hits and Gavin Barry had a good second half. Woods won his battle with Anton McArdle, i dont know how they will ever replace this man, a brilliant midfielder down the years.
I cant get my head round how Francie Poland didnt use players like Walsh and Particulary Noel Sexton when the game was in the melting pot and the decision to play Ryan Brady so far from goals played into Burrens hands.
Massive result for Burren, they will take some stopping now, the strength of their squad will stand greatly to them.
On another note, the behaviour of David McEntee feigning injury at the death was ridiculous, he got a we slap, stayed on his feet, then when told to lie down he did so and got a player red carded. Up staight away unharmed, Marty Boyle of Donegal eat your heart out.
Burren scorers: Donal OHare 0-7, Shea McArdle 0-2, Anton McArdle and James McGovern 0-1 each.
Mayobridge scorers: Kevin ORourke 1-5, Micheal Lively, Ronan Sexton and Conleth OHare 0-1 each.

bridge fan

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1

An Riocht 1-7 Longstone 0-12

Ambrose Rogers and Michael Ireland superb for the stone, massive result for the reds, relegation looking likely for the Kingdom.

dundroma

dumdrum though to next round of championship

dundrum 2-8
attical 2-7

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundroma on September 10, 2011, 06:08:20 PM

dundrum 2-8
attical 2-7

Fantastic result. Well done Dundrum.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 10, 2011, 06:11:46 PM

dundrum 2-8
attical 2-7

Football is a very strange game. Just nine days ago we got humiliated on our pitch when Darragh Cross beat us by 23 points in the League. Between then and now we also lost three of our starting XV to Australia. Then today we came from 6 points behind with 20 minutes to go to win by a point. Unreal.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 10, 2011, 06:23:53 PM

dundrum 2-8
attical 2-7

Football is a very strange game. Just nine days ago we got humiliated on our pitch when Darragh Cross beat us by 23 points in the League. Between then and now we also lost three of our starting XV to Australia. Then today we came from 6 points behind with 20 minutes to go to win by a point. Unreal.

Thats amazing. Delighted for Dundrum, great achievement for a small club like yourselves reaching an intermediate simi final.

dundrumite

dundrum 2-8
attical 2-7

Made all the better considering the amount of players we have lost in last season and a half including 3 key personnel last Monday to Australia. Also we were 6 points down 15 minutes into second half. Sweet feeling

Mid Down Gael

Final score from Downpatrick

Loughinisland 0-13 Clonduff 3-7

Two late goals won it for the yellows.

dundrumite

sound like a parrot with that last post

thecager

Huge response thus far for the Red High Night with the Stars on Thursday 15th.  No tickets are being issued, it's just pay at the door (£5). 

centre 3/4s

Big game tomorrow night has the makings of a real cracker so hard to pick a winner. Man for man there is very little in it and maybe the fords determination to make up for last years final disappointment may just be the difference in the end, here is to a great game.