Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

Just the reply i was looking for. I will be in celtic pk on Sunday sitting beside the the player you abused and insulted. You could tell him to his face if you wanted. I will pm you our seat numbers if you require.

extra time

Btw you actually blamed him personally for losing the final that day and that he dident deserve to receive an all star. Just in case any one wonders what this is all about.

wobbller

Quote from: extra time on June 04, 2015, 04:16:38 PM
Btw you actually blamed him personally for losing the final that day and that he dident deserve to receive an all star. Just in case any one wonders what this is all about.
More in-fighting. Move along children.

snoopdog

Quote from: extra time on June 04, 2015, 04:16:38 PM

Ok Lad, i cant remeber what exactly i said im sure you will remind me as you have a lot less posts than me to trawl through~( mine are al sh1te anyway allegedly)l . If i said what you say i did them im obv wrong and i have no problem admitting that. I do believe though that Brendans kickouts should have been varied as in the 2nd half of that Game Cork won everything in the middle, my true belief is though that 2 things needed to happen and Wee James was the man to make the decisions. He should have moved Big Dan out of defence and into the middle to compete for kick outs and James should ve told Big Brendan to take short kick outs.
i have obviously caused you offence with a post as you are either related or very close to the deserved All Star. But the above are my beliefs from that game. UNfortunately the county board seen fit to play a championship game between QF and Semi that year and we lost Ambrose who was very badly missed that day. young fitzpatrick did his best but was maybe a bit young at that stage although he had a good semi final against Kildare.

Unfortunately i wont be able to meet you and Brendan for a catch up as i will be on the terrace.

snoopdog

Quote from: rosskarr on June 04, 2015, 04:12:28 PM
468Km round-trip from Dublin :o

do you know a quicker route Ross. AA say 496 round trip. Feckers must be taking me a roundabout way.
:)

rosskarr

Up to Belfast and onto Derry via Toome. Not the shortest but better and easier.
Lots of Motorway driving

extra time

Ok Snoopdog, i take that as an apology and let that be the end of it

SHEEDY

feck me some amount of bitching on here recently. everyone is very touchy.

travelling up to derry on sunday hoping we can put on a good show and more importantly get the win. very quiet build up on here and round the county. cant see many surprises when the team is announced, be interesting to see how we cope with the threat of eoin bradley.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: rosskarr on June 04, 2015, 05:53:27 PM
Lots of Motorway driving

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on June 04, 2015, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on June 04, 2015, 05:53:27 PM

Lots of Motorway driving
Will look into it. Cheers. As you say might be better with motorway

stiff breeze

Joe brolly with an excellent article in the gaelic life this week . Takes the ballyholland coach to task . Quality reading

ardtole

I see Benny Coulter has called for Dan Gordon to brought back on to the county panel in todays Irish Independent. As I said before if Dublin can see fit to give Alan Brogan the winter off and Eamonn Fitzmaurice's handling of Declan O'Sullivan last year proved to be a masterstroke in eventually winning an all ireland. Do we have the strength in depth to cover the loss of Gordon, Coulter or Rodgers, it didnt look like it to me against Roscommon.

Im not being critical of the lads on the panel at all, but the players mentioned have done it at the highest level, have been our stand out players for a decade and im sure they would be a positive influence on the players currently on the panel. If its good enough for Kerry and Dublin, surely its good enough for us too. We might have enough to get past Derry, but at some stage of the season, possibly an ulster semi or hopefully final, McCorry will turn to his bench and there are 2/3 lads  who could pull us out of a hole and they will be in the stand.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on June 05, 2015, 07:56:54 AM
I see Benny Coulter has called for Dan Gordon to brought back on to the county panel in todays Irish Independent. As I said before if Dublin can see fit to give Alan Brogan the winter off and Eamonn Fitzmaurice's handling of Declan O'Sullivan last year proved to be a masterstroke in eventually winning an all ireland. Do we have the strength in depth to cover the loss of Gordon, Coulter or Rodgers, it didnt look like it to me against Roscommon.

Im not being critical of the lads on the panel at all, but the players mentioned have done it at the highest level, have been our stand out players for a decade and im sure they would be a positive influence on the players currently on the panel. If its good enough for Kerry and Dublin, surely its good enough for us too. We might have enough to get past Derry, but at some stage of the season, possibly an ulster semi or hopefully final, McCorry will turn to his bench and there are 2/3 lads  who could pull us out of a hole and they will be in the stand.
totally agree. But is it now too late to draft any of these lads in?
Any team news havent seen anything yet .

ardtole

Its too late now alright especially for the derry game. Its more the difference in management philisophy I was highlighing, maybe McCorry is more like Cody in that you are either in or out. Personally, Id like to have seen Gordon and Rodgers as an option at least on the bench on sunday, in my opinion they have givrn enough to the county to earn a bit of leeway at this stage of their career.

SHEEDY

Down team for Sunday.

Stevie Kane
Darren o Hagan
Luke Howard
Ryan Boyle
Damien Turley
Benny McArdle
Connail mc govern
Peter Fitzpatrick
Paul Devlin
Caolan Mooney