grub spy

Started by lawnseed, August 06, 2014, 08:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Just a bit of craic. Dont review any place you haven't been to or haven't bought a meal in. Be honest!! It can be anywhere a chip van to a fancy sheik resturant.. Say what you had, memtion the service.. Was it slow? were they friendly and helpful? Had you kids with you and how'd they cope with theyre needs? Was it good value?? Are you going back?

State clearly if you are or have an interest or relationship with the place you reviewed. No blowin up your sisters bistro.. You'll get caught out.. Boys on here know everything

You can give stars. five stars being highly recomended, one star avoid like ebola..

Ps any place that serves chips in a little bucket to a grown man is 4 star at best.. I hate that shite
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Under Lights

Best chippy, imo, in Tyrone is PG Chips at the Cohannon Inn (Coalisland Roundabout). Non-greasy chippy food. There beef and chicken can be traced back to an NI farm. Chips are excellent too, they use Maurice Piper spuds which are the best spuds for chipping.
Drinks served at about 2 degrees. Excellent. Never had a bad feed in it.

lawnseed

Quote from: Under Lights on August 06, 2014, 08:54:56 AM
Best chippy, imo, in Tyrone is PG Chips at the Cohannon Inn (Coalisland Roundabout). Non-greasy chippy food. There beef and chicken can be traced back to an NI farm. Chips are excellent too, they use Maurice Piper spuds which are the best spuds for chipping.
Is it sit in? Elaborate... Is it where you eat? More info

Under Lights

Quote from: lawnseed on August 06, 2014, 09:02:22 AM
Is it sit in? Elaborate... Is it where you eat? More info

It's a chippy so not a sit in. Take Out.

laoislad

Is Maurice any relation to Maris Piper.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

billabong

Had a voucher for the much talked about James Street South in Belfast a couple of months ago. Went with great expectations but was sadly disappointed. Far too over the top fancy for my likings and wished they just got back to basics. Think they prime themselves on their beef and lamb, however the beef that I got was tasteless and had plenty of gristle. Salad for starters wasn't great either. Any others been?

Would give 2*, wouldn't rush back

lawnseed

Woaaaao! These reviews are usless.. No mention of service.. Or price. Was it a date? Family outting? Im as wise as ever.. Was the feed hot/cold. Did the pepper sauce come on the plate or in a jug. Was there plenty on the plate or did you stop for a burger on the way home? Nice surroundings? Dumbass music?

LeoMc

Quote from: lawnseed on August 06, 2014, 08:52:24 AM
Just a bit of craic. Dont review any place you haven't been to or haven't bought a meal in. Be honest!! It can be anywhere a chip van to a fancy sheik resturant.. Say what you had, memtion the service.. Was it slow? were they friendly and helpful? Had you kids with you and how'd they cope with theyre needs? Was it good value?? Are you going back?

State clearly if you are or have an interest or relationship with the place you reviewed. No blowin up your sisters bistro.. You'll get caught out.. Boys on here know everything

You can give stars. five stars being highly recomended, one star avoid like ebola..

Ps any place that serves chips in a little bucket to a grown man is 4 star at best.. I hate that shite
Is that an Arab restaurant?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: lawnseed on August 06, 2014, 10:45:29 AM
Woaaaao! These reviews are usless.. No mention of service.. Or price. Was it a date? Family outting? Im as wise as ever.. Was the feed hot/cold. Did the pepper sauce come on the plate or in a jug. Was there plenty on the plate or did you stop for a burger on the way home? Nice surroundings? Dumbass music?

Get a life lad.

ONeill

Was in Bar79 in Benalmadena a couple of days ago.

Speedy service. Ordered the steak with a 5 euro supplement for fillet. It wasn't steak. Seemed to be a mixture of horse and pork. Got a free bottle of wine. Man arrived with his fiddle and played 'My Way' and 'Love Story'. He wasn't very good and kept saying 'very good' after each performance. He didn't have a belt so I gave him 2 euros. English family opposite ignored him but that's the English for you. 12.99 for the three courses though.

One star.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Quote from: billabong on August 06, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Had a voucher for the much talked about James Street South in Belfast a couple of months ago. Went with great expectations but was sadly disappointed. Far too over the top fancy for my likings and wished they just got back to basics. Think they prime themselves on their beef and lamb, however the beef that I got was tasteless and had plenty of gristle. Salad for starters wasn't great either. Any others been?

Would give 2*, wouldn't rush back
Went a month ago, I really enjoyed it and love the atmosphere.  Mr Rois's steak was a bit underdone, but everyone else in our party of 6 had a lovely meal.  Will definitely go back.  You may have had a bad meal - I've been four or five times, would be up there in my favourite restaurants. 

Tony Baloney

Nice wee feed in Vanilla, Newcastle (Co. Down) a couple of weeks ago. Good to get off the street and away from the visiting riff-raff. New place in Armagh opened a few weeks ago called 4 Vicars. Up beside the prod cathedral and very nice spot for lunch.

Getting pissed off at the general lack of effort put into kids meals when out. Would like to see more places offer smaller portions of the main menu items. Bloody chicken/fish goujons or sausages and chips seem to be all there is  >:(

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 06, 2014, 01:22:55 PM
Nice wee feed in Vanilla, Newcastle (Co. Down) a couple of weeks ago. Good to get off the street and away from the visiting riff-raff. New place in Armagh opened a few weeks ago called 4 Vicars. Up beside the prod cathedral and very nice spot for lunch.

Getting pissed off at the general lack of effort put into kids meals when out. Would like to see more places offer smaller portions of the main menu items. Bloody chicken/fish goujons or sausages and chips seem to be all there is  >:(

Very true although one place in Kilarney did offer the small portions for kids, that was the exception as far as I can see.

AZOffaly

I find most places will do that if you ask them. The Kids menu is normally got that rubbish on it because that's what kids like, but if you ask for a child's portion of the 'roast of the day' or whatever, I find you usually get it.