Derry v Longford AIQs 1A - Sat 21 Jun 2014 at 5pm Celtic Park

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairyUlsterman

Brian McIver needs to take a leaf out of Eamonn Colemans book, funnily enough Derry got to the AI semi final that year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/1010850.stm

The Insider

The biggest crime in the whole football All Stars debates has been the failure of Paul Barden to ever get 1 , has been a magnificent servent to Longford all the way up from U-14 and its galling to see less talented players than him with All Stars because they play 1 good game in September . Seamus Moynihan packed it in after been skinned by him in 06 and he was still one of the best defenders around then. Longford won tonight with only a panel of 17 players !!! as the other 9 listed subs are starting the Leinster junior final on Wednesday night , just a shame that the 2 players who left the panel in the last couple of weeks could/would not buy into the team ethic which reaped dividends tonight . They attacked and defended superbly as a team , with 3 of the backs posting fine scores and it was great to see the players and the 100 odd supporters being allowed to share the glory of the win on the pitch after.Thank you Derry , you have a lovely ground  Hopefully proper highlights of the game will be shown on some station , some brilliant scores from both sides especially Lynch's goal with the home support reaction nearly taking the roof off the stand . Thought Mark Hughes was going to carry the ball over the line for his goal

J OGorman

Right mods...time to close this thread. Everything that needs to be said has been said. We're going over old ground now

rrhf

Quote from: screenexile on June 21, 2014, 06:39:00 PM
Fair play Longford I wasn't able to get over but I had a feeling we would struggle and they are a serious bogey team for us.

You have to wonder why we've had so many injuries from the Donegal game but look we had 15 lads there who were more than capable of getting a result and we didn't do it ... Where to now?
sort out yer own shit, stop bitching about Tyrone players, and remember the white feather ye showed when ye fielded an under 21 team in the league to put out Tyrone.   These things always come back on ye.  Well done Longford. 

seafoid

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2014, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on June 21, 2014, 10:50:59 PM
Right mods...time to close this thread. Everything that needs to be said has been said. We're going over old ground now
Eh, no. Baker for Derry........yeeeeeeoooooo.

You can close it now.

which one - senior or junior ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Aristo 60

Fair play to Longford.

I think they'll still be attractive opposition for some team though.

J OGorman

Quote from: rrhf on June 21, 2014, 10:57:23 PM
Fair play Longford I wasn't able to get over but I had a feeling we would struggle and they are a serious bogey team for us.

You have to wonder why we've had so many injuries from the Donegal game but look we had 15 lads there who were more than capable of getting a result and we didn't do it ... Where to now?
sort out yer own shit, stop bitching about Tyrone players, and remember the white feather ye showed when ye fielded an under 21 team in the league to put out Tyrone.   These things always come back on ye.  Well done Longford.

Ah christ

Hoof Hearted

where did he mention Tyrone players - dickhead !
Wait until the Louth game is over before you come over here slabbering
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rrhf

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 21, 2014, 11:02:45 PM

where did he mention Tyrone players - d**khead !
Monaghan thread. 

J OGorman

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2014, 11:06:53 PM
Yeah, you shower of 'last chance salooners' should be careful what ye say.

Not us, like, we're still in the leading pack.

Antrim for Sam

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: rrhf on June 21, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

Monaghan thread.

Maybe Screenexile can find a hilarious Despicable Me video to sum up the game?
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 21, 2014, 11:27:34 PM
Benny you need to get out more son!

Walter, don't bite or they will increase in numbers. Sally's is closing in an hour

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2014, 11:25:08 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 21, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

Monaghan thread.

Maybe Screenexile can find a hilarious Despicable Me video to sum up the game?

None of Derry's players took a dive or conned the referee so it'd be hard to find one!

Ye lads are good craic but you'll not find me slagging the ref or the oppositions players. We weren't good enough plain and simple... If only you inbreds had been as gracious last week...