Derry v Longford AIQs 1A - Sat 21 Jun 2014 at 5pm Celtic Park

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You can't have a top 5 worst without that Duffy boy from Sligo in there...

southderryman

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2014, 02:19:44 PM
You can't have a top 5 worst without that Duffy boy from Sligo in there...
which one? Both of them are clowns.

Would be seriously hard to pick he top 5, there have been some horrendous referees

southderryman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 20, 2014, 02:10:43 PM
You may be right - we may have played Kerry after that year.

But Collins had rode us before at some stage - so he was still at it in Killarney as well as the first half. It's slowly coming back.

Of course Gerry Kinneavy later become Gearoid O'Cionnamha to try and cod us.

I'd have him in the Top 5 worst referees ever...along with Joe Woods......Seamus Aldridge............Michael Collins.........and a few local yokes that never made it to inter county.
I remember the name change alright, remember seeing it on a live game on rte and taking a while to catch on it was him until they showed a close up of him

Mr Coleman god rest him, would probably request you add John banning to your list  :)

imtommygunn

Marty I think? The one who continues to f**k everything up yet continues to get a load of big games.

Interesting game now. That Derry team seems a bit out there and if they're not at their game Longford could sneak a win here... Not sure where Longford are at but they've a few handy enough footballers there.

southderryman

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2014, 02:42:27 PM
Marty I think? The one who continues to f**k everything up yet continues to get a load of big games.

Interesting game now. That Derry team seems a bit out there and if they're not at their game Longford could sneak a win here... Not sure where Longford are at but they've a few handy enough footballers there.
Marty is a clown, Michael not much better imo.

Will be a fairly tight game imo. Longford have caused us trouble in the past so i wouldn't be confident. Hopefully we can shade it.

southderryman

Boyle sports offering 20/1 on the draw.

The previous 2 games between these sides have both been settled in injury time. If derry don't click then I wouldn't rule out a draw. Hopefully won't come to that though

Shamrock Shore

Draw at 18 or 20-1 could be a punt. Don't put widows and orphans funds on it.

Longford have lost 2 of the panel. Means that only 2 subs now that aren't connected to the juniors in Leinster final v Cavan next week. If a "junior" is brought on then he is ruled out of the Leinster final. Could be a conundrum for Sheedy if it's tight with 10-15 minutes to go.

Feck it - we'll travel with hope. What was it that John Cleese said in 'Clockwise'.............."It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand"

Wildweasel74

Expect to win even with the strange line-up, but fear latter rounds

Rossfan

]Marty is a clown, Michael not much better imo.

Will be a fairly tight game imo. Longford have caused us trouble in the past so i wouldn't be confident. Hopefully we can shade it.
[/quote]
Michael has been dropped from the Inter Co list for the Championship.
Best of luck to our nicest neighbours.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2014, 03:06:20 PM
Michael has been dropped from the Inter Co list for the Championship.
Best of luck to our nicest neighbours.

Offaly are far kinder to us these days.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 20, 2014, 02:10:43 PM
You may be right - we may have played Kerry after that year.

But Collins had rode us before at some stage - so he was still at it in Killarney as well as the first half. It's slowly coming back.

Of course Gerry Kinneavy later become Gearoid O'Cionnamha to try and cod us.

I'd have him in the Top 5 worst referees ever...along with Joe Woods......Seamus Aldridge............Michael Collins.........and a few local yokes that never made it to inter county.
Woods - that poseur busturd robbed us of a freshers all Ireland final

Add that useless hoor tommy Howard alongside kid Kildare colleague Aldridge

Conor Murphy is indeed plunketts son. Knew he was decent, didn't think he'd make the county panel ( so soon). Undoubtedly quicker and cleaner than plunketts. Not hard to be on either count!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

I am in the Free Longford section of the stand. Just beside Brolly. Any requests?

maigheo