Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2014, 10:32:09 PM
We don't need McManus for this game.
If O'Rourke sticks him on at some stage, it would just be some sort of preparation for the semi final.

That's big talk there. After tyrone Monaghan would probably be the county I'd most like to see do well next. Hopefully will be keeping an eye on their back door games after Sunday.

I was a t the league final and was very impressed with Monaghan. They were excellent defensively, produced great counter attacking play and took great scores from distance. I've no donut that tyrone will play at a higher tempo than Donegal did that day and produce more quality so it will be interesting to see if Monaghan can cope with the step up.

Looking at the tyrone team from last year I think we could nearly be stronger if everyone is fit. Morgan gives us something extra in nets. And justy Mcnabb coney and ronan oneill should be in better shape and fit to start. Obviously joe McMahon (assuming not fit) mccarron and Clarke are big losses from then.

sam03/05

He is a very to play, been nothing wrong with him and trained the last cpl of weeks.
Played in challenge game last week

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2014, 10:32:09 PM
We don't need McManus for this game.
If O'Rourke sticks him on at some stage, it would just be some sort of preparation for the semi final.

I agree, keep the big guns for Armagh and not risk them against the Hallions.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 10, 2014, 11:55:52 PM
He is a very to play, been nothing wrong with him and trained the last cpl of weeks.
Played in challenge game last week

I assume you mean 'available' by 'a very to play'?

Mickey Harte has it in today's Irish News that he'll play so nail him on for the No. 15 spot on Sunday..

babarino

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 11, 2014, 09:14:56 AM
Mickey Harte has it in today's Irish News that he'll play so nail him on for the No. 15 spot on Sunday..

That's very nice of Mickey to help out with the Monaghan team selection.

The Bearded One

Quote from: babarino on June 11, 2014, 09:56:55 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 11, 2014, 09:14:56 AM

That's very nice of Mickey to help out with the Monaghan team selection.

Harte will plan for McManus starting. If he doesn't he will most certainly appear at some stage. I think we all know McCrory will pick him up.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Fuzzman

Like this

I think we should try something different this year lads and try to be nice and respectful to each other before this game.
We Tyronites need to show some respect to our neighbours who by their own admission have turned away from the dark side now they've finally broken through that barron spell.

Like wise ye Farneymen or whatever you want to be called "boys in blue" can ease off in the whole obsession with Sean Cavanagh and cheating etc. Don't let Brolly influence your own thoughts. You are well capable of pushing on from last year and getting to a AI semifinal this year if yer big players stay injury free.

I reckon we could see a great open game on Sunday (as long as we stay in the inside line in the parade). If Dessie Mone and Penrose can behave themselves then we could say the best game of the championship pre 1/4 final stage.

Now
Anyone got a spare ticket for the Gerry Arthurs stand as we always win when I'm there. Actually it's a long time since I've saw Tyrone beat in Clones. Anyone got that stat. When did we last lose there?

Club Rossa

Sean will sort McManus out again if he appears,have no worries ;)
I would hope that the 2 games will stand to Tyrone but you can be sure that despite not having a game for 7 weeks Ryan Porter will have Monaghan in fantastic shape.Monaghan's defence will be a whole lot tighter than Down's and Tyrone will have to work harder for scores this time but I think we may just squeeze through by a point or two.

Club Rossa

Fuzzman

Of course. I'm not usually superstitious but I wasn't at those two games. Pesky kids!
I think I have to go away back years to remember when we last lost at Clones when I was there and YES I am going this Sunday.
I think it was before the golden years.

Did ye see the team they picked in the IN yesterday. They have Gormley and SON starting.
Most of the rest was like my own team with RON at 11 but Niall McKenna at 14. Wyle is a good full back.

Will Monaghan play with a sweeper do ye lads think? I don't think we will start with one but won't be surprised if we end up with one.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 11, 2014, 11:52:27 AM
Will Monaghan play with a sweeper do ye lads think? I don't think we will start with one but won't be surprised if we end up with one.

I'd say about 13 of them, unlucky for some..

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

I like that article.  Dicks understanding of his current position is interesting and quite accepting.  He has been in the middle for a long time and now the legs are gone he knows he cant hold up for 70 mins. 
Its great to see such a confident Monaghan outfit as well.  I like Monaghan despite the burning hurt and pain of 85 national league semi final, and the robbery that was the 88 Ulster final, these lads are planning for a big year among the Corks, Dublins and Mayos of this world.  The carrot here is to face an Armagh team more than likely decimated by multiple fighting suspensions and as automatic a path as you could expect to an Ulster final.  We in Tyrone probably haven't a prayer this Sunday reading that.  We might time our second meeting for the quarter final though and in Croke Park against Monaghan, anything can happen..