Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

The curse of the six day turn around could leave Monaghan with a very long summer of nothing but cutting silage and saving hay!

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on June 05, 2014, 01:28:13 PM
The curse of the six day turn around could leave Monaghan with a very long summer of nothing but cutting silage and saving hay!
If they could get some of that silage done around Clones in time for the Tyrone and Monaghan match it will help the parking.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Monaghan these days remind me of... Monaghan.  Wee buns, wee fecking buns!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on June 05, 2014, 01:28:13 PM

I have to apologise for that last post

I forgot to mention the bog - plenty of time to take home the turf too boys!

Fuzzman

WT4E, were the Mods onto you?

Have Monaghan a good record in Clones?
I mean against other teams.

I wonder where Mickey will play big Sean for this game?
Maybe CHB and swap him with Mattie for his tackling back strengths

It will be interesting if we're leading by 2 points with time up and McCarron or Hughes is straight through on goal. What would you expect your players to do in that situation.
Brolly will be looking forward to this game I'd say. I hope him and Spillane are on.

Would this be considered Monaghan's strongest team which played in the league final. Have the won the Div 2 final before?

R Beggan (0-01 '45'); K Duffy, D Wylie, F Kelly (0-01); D Mone (0-01), V Corey, C Walshe; O Lennon, P Finlay (0-03, 1f); Kieran Hughes (1-01), S Gollogly, D Hughes (0-02); D Malone, P McKenna (0-02), C McManus (0-03).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: the_daddy on June 05, 2014, 03:12:19 PM
Regardless of result both teams will be out on 28th of June I think

A piece of realism, at last. Thanks Daddy.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bingo

J OGorman

Quote from: the_daddy on June 05, 2014, 03:12:19 PM
Regardless of result both teams will be out on 28th of June I think

dont see it myself. Derry were very naive fornenst Donegal. Tyrone or Monaghan a bit too long in the tooth for the guff Donegal will serve up

EC Unique

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 05, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

It will be interesting if we're leading by 2 points with time up and McCarron or Hughes is straight through on goal. What would you expect your players to do in that situation.
Brolly will be looking forward to this game I'd say. I hope him and Spillane are on.

Would this be considered Monaghan's strongest team which played in the league final. Have the won the Div 2 final before?

R Beggan (0-01 '45'); K Duffy, D Wylie, F Kelly (0-01); D Mone (0-01), V Corey, C Walshe; O Lennon, P Finlay (0-03, 1f); Kieran Hughes (1-01), S Gollogly, D Hughes (0-02); D Malone, P McKenna (0-02), C McManus (0-03).

I know you are jesting about Sean but seriously will he now be moved to MF with Clarke out?

God14

Quote from: EC Unique on June 05, 2014, 03:54:40 PM

I know you are jesting about Sean but seriously will he now be moved to MF with Clarke out?

Id guess so. Not too many options with Joe McMahon ruled out & Aidan Cassidy no longer on the panel.
Conan Grugan & Plunkett Kane both returned from injury to play in the club championship, so they could come into the reckoning, but id imagine Sean will move to midfield.

orangeman

Quote from: Bingo on June 05, 2014, 03:35:43 PM
http://digg.com/video/the-most-violent-sport-on-earth

Secret recording of a Monaghan training session from the weekend just gone.

Just one bad call by the referee there - he missed a black card near the end.

Bingo

Quote from: orangeman on June 05, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 05, 2014, 03:35:43 PM
http://digg.com/video/the-most-violent-sport-on-earth

Secret recording of a Monaghan training session from the weekend just gone.

Just one bad call by the referee there - he missed a black card near the end.

Mickey Harte would be livid but Pat McEneaney will tell you he got it right.

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on June 05, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 05, 2014, 03:54:40 PM

Id guess so. Not too many options with Joe McMahon ruled out & Aidan Cassidy no longer on the panel.
Conan Grugan & Plunkett Kane both returned from injury to play in the club championship, so they could come into the reckoning, but id imagine Sean will move to midfield.

Was at that game and out of those two I'd pick Plunkett Kane on what I saw and I don't even think he was operating at midfield for the full match. Thought Kane v good for Coalisland and I'm surprised he hasn't had more opportunities under Harte.

anfheardubh

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 05, 2014, 12:33:03 PM
Jeepers it's got fierce nasty in here and I think that's the first time I saw anfheardubh give us Tyronies any praise  ;D

Yes I kinda half expect to see McManus at some stage.
I think it might not be as nasty as last years match. We just don't have that many spoilers any more as Mickey tends to have all good ball players in the squad.
When Gormley goes I don't know who we'll get to give a few slaps here and there.

I must say I'm really looking forward to this game and am kinda relieved it's not in Omagh as I've yet to see Tyrone play well there in a Ulster championship game but I suppose there hasn't been too many.

When is the 1st round of the qualifiers?

Jaysus mate , i supported ya in 3 AI finals, went to many a game, was at the AI semi v Armagh in 2005 when Peter kicked the winner, Had tickets for the final but gave them to a Tyrone man i know.
Think only people from counties WHO REACH the final should be given tickets but that is for another day

So i am not anti Tyrone just cause i started a topic questioning Tyrone's future?????
For many are called, but few are chosen.

babarino

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 05, 2014, 02:18:53 PM
Monaghan these days remind me of... Monaghan.  Wee buns, wee fecking buns!

Brian O'Nolan wouldn't have put it better himself. Tyronie prose and I dare say we'll be quoting that Belfast catch phrase very soon.