Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

SLIGONIAN

That ref was biggest disgrace i have ever seen, just won ros the match, some disgraceful decisions against cork. i thought at the start of the second half he was bias but when cork equalised the 2 frees to hand ros the win were a disgrace. sick of seeing refs win matches
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

joemamas

jesus even in extra time he screwed Cork, the free at midfield and the free for the point.he should be stood down.

Zulu

What a finish!!!! But the ref really screwed Cork. Ros the better team over the 60 minutes but ref made some very poor calls especially at vital stages.

brianboru00

YES it was a free. Tripped Smith, albeit accidentally but no free given.

The Cork player then picked the ball off his ground using his knees - this is illegal - a technical foul - and the correct award is a free kick.

joemamas

Zulu

Thought the ref to win it might have been a free but the one in midfield just prior was nothing at all.

brianboru00

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 19, 2014, 04:20:14 PM
Cork player didn't pick that. Ball was stuck between his knees. Ref just handed the game back to Roscommon. Some performance from the man with the whistle.

Rule 4.3 of the official guide - Every days a school day

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Official%20Guide%202014%20Part%20II(1).pdf

Syferus

Absolutely incredible match. Lost in emotion. Murt's point to win it was almost as shocking as Cork's third goal.

These lads are something special. Win the damn thing now!

neilthemac

Thems the rules boys.

Numerous times we were fouled coming out with the ball and got nothing.

Hon the Ros

Zulu

Quote from: neilthemac on April 19, 2014, 04:36:25 PM
Thems the rules boys.

Numerous times we were fouled coming out with the ball and got nothing.

Hon the Ros

Don't think ye were to be fair. The free at the end was probably justified but the free in the middle of the park just prior to that was a joke. I think it's fair to say Roscommon came out the better of the refereeing decisions.

ross4life

Best side over 60mins won in truth we should have been out of sight at half time. If we defend like today in final we will be beaten. Congrats to the rossies
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zulu

Much different game developing here. Cavan uber defensive.

Wildweasel74

I expect an odd cavan man to see black cards the day, is this the only team left in gaelic football playing defensive football

Wildweasel74

Dublin though dont seem to have a gameplan to counter ths style though leaving it more up to individual players to break down the blanket instead of going long over the top of it.

Zulu

Still think Dublin will win this with a few points to spare. They seem to be well able for the Cavan attackers one on one so they can continue to push on and this will see them through I think. Sounds like there are few if any Dubs there to support the team though!