Monaghan vs. Laois, Sunday 30th March 2014, Clones, 2.00 pm.

Started by GrandMasterFlash, March 25, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

And we're coming down the proverbial home stretch now, Monaghan pushing for a top two spot, Laois pushing to stay out of the bottom two.

I don't think it will be that handy but Monaghan are starting to build what looks like their championship XV and should have too much for Laois.

babarino

Don't know that much about Laois, but they must have decent players having played recently in Division 1. And let's not forget that they sickened our happiness in the qualifiers a couple of years ago in Portlaoise.

We have momentum at the minute and I'm looking forward to see us go at it full pelt with the Hughes brothers back on board. We should be looking for more goals from our forwards. What's the name of the forward out injured. Smyth? He showed great promise and could take a goal.

Schkite

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't win this one to be honest, as you say we're getting close to our full-strength team out again, we're building momentum after a couple of good wins, and promotion is within reach. I also don't think it'll be easy but I'm hoping we get the job done. Being at home obviously helps, seen this earlier on twitter, hopefully the streak continues.

Niall McCoy ‏@McCoyNiall  5h
1088 days, and 12 games, since Monaghan last failed to win a home match in League or Championship. #GAA #Thestreak

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: babarino on March 25, 2014, 09:58:24 PM
Don't know that much about Laois, but they must have decent players having played recently in Division 1. And let's not forget that they sickened our happiness in the qualifiers a couple of years ago in Portlaoise.

We have momentum at the minute and I'm looking forward to see us go at it full pelt with the Hughes brothers back on board. We should be looking for more goals from our forwards. What's the name of the forward out injured. Smyth? He showed great promise and could take a goal.
I don't think we ever played Laois in a qualifier.
We played  Offaly in a qualifier, another team from the bogs of Ireland, they managed to come out of their slumber for 60 minutes and record their first ever championship win this century. Their performance was like that film, Awakenings.
I think the last time we played Laois, was to win promotion to Div 1 in emphatic manner in 2009.
It's a big game for us and I'd expect us to be focussed and determined to win it.

donelli

We lost to Laois in the 2012 qualifiers a week or two after the Down Ulster semi-final defeat.
It was Eamon McEnaney's last game in charge

Main Street

We did, I must have been in a state of shock so it didn't register.

GrandMasterFlash

Donegal have Louth at home and Armagh away.
Down have Meath and Laois away.
Monaghan have Laois and Galway at home.

From the above, Down probably have the hardest run in..

Discuss...

Dont Matter

What are Monaghan known for? Big Tom and Dougal? Didn't McGuigan wish he was born somewhere else and there was the blueshirt fella O'Duffy.
Laois have Darina Allen, Evelyn Cusack and Eileen Dunne!!!! There's just no contest here even before the ace card is produced.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

laoislad

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 26, 2014, 03:37:30 PM
What are Monaghan known for? Big Tom and Dougal? Didn't McGuigan wish he was born somewhere else and there was the blueshirt fella O'Duffy.
Laois have Darina Allen, Evelyn Cusack and Eileen Dunne!!!! There's just no contest here even before the ace card is produced.

The hoors are still sour about this I hear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9q7feh7sw
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dont Matter

Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2014, 04:34:21 PM

That some powerful stuff, the passion from the commentator, Willie Brennan putting his life on the line, Laois men and women flowing onto the pitch at full time. I'm not crying, I just got something in me eye. Ah will ya leave it
Peter Quinn

babarino

Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2014, 04:34:21 PM

Sour! I'd forgotten completely about it. Happy you're still enjoying the moment lads, while basking in the glory of your compatriots Darina, Evelene and Eileen, the queens of Queen's County.

Main Street

Laois have who?  just who are those tiny people?
Big Tom would probably squash them with the relentless 4 beats to the bar grind and torture them for fun with a few verses of Gentle Mother.

Probably means you have accepted you are going to lose on Sunday and lose heavily as no one in their right mind  would disrespect our culture in such a gross manner, unless they were anticipating a heavy defeat.

The Boy Wonder

Ah we have no chance up there on Sunday with their stony grey soil and steaming dunghills and swinish food - best stay at home and watch our hurlers play Clare.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Main Street on March 26, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
Laois have who?  just who are those tiny people?
Big Tom would probably squash them with the relentless 4 beats to the bar grind and torture them for fun with a few verses of Gentle Mother.

Probably means you have accepted you are going to lose on Sunday and lose heavily as no one in their right mind  would disrespect our culture in such a gross manner, unless they were anticipating a heavy defeat.

Tiny people? You've got some nerve. How dare you question our great people's standing in Irish society. Here, have some of this, you'll know who Evelyn is now!!!!!

Peter Quinn