6 goals? 6. ffn goals!!! never happened big pat..

Started by lawnseed, March 23, 2014, 05:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Watched match of the day sat nite. Are rhese goalkeepers for real whats the story? Did pat jennings ever let in 6 goals? Maybe at a fundraiser... I dont buy it
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

Derby Co 8 Spurs (with Pat in goals) 2.A result which still pains me to this day,and it came in an era during which Spurs won the UEFA and two League Cups as well.

AZOffaly

Who was the spurs goalie for the 7 goal game at anfield?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2014, 09:35:54 AM
A review of the google Almanac says Barry Daines.

deiseach

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2014, 09:59:43 AM

Last seen running a supermarket in Essex, apparently. The link is worth clicking on to try and fathom the presence on a list of ex-Spurs players of the next person on the list below Barry.

AZOffaly

Titi Camara and John Barnes are also on that list!

Sidney

Quote from: lawnseed on March 23, 2014, 05:16:46 AM
Watched match of the day sat nite. Are rhese goalkeepers for real whats the story? Did pat jennings ever let in 6 goals? Maybe at a fundraiser... I dont buy it
Jewish conspiracy, surely?

T Fearon

Barry Daines indeed! Burkinshaw let Jennings go,aged 32 in 1977 on the basis that Daines was younger and a better long term option.Ironically he had to buy Ray Clemence 4 years later,at the age of 33, to resolve Spurs 4 year long goalkeeping problem!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: deiseach on March 23, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2014, 09:59:43 AM

Last seen running a supermarket in Essex, apparently. The link is worth clicking on to try and fathom the presence on a list of ex-Spurs players of the next person on the list below Barry.
Some blasts from the past there. Ruel Fox! Micky Hazard; taxi driver - some difference in lifestyles pre and post Sky tv.

T Fearon

Remember that 7 nil defeat at Anfield so well! It was Ardiles and Villa's 4th or 5th league game for Spurs, and after an encouraging 1-1 draw away to champions Notts Forest in the opening game of the season,Spurs,newly returned to Division 1 got a reality check at Anfield

EC Unique

T Fearon

EC Unique

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2014, 02:55:55 PM
That's an example of premature speculation! ;D

I only watched the first half Tony and Spurs defence were all over the place. Fair play to them, they obviously sorted it out.

T Fearon

Eriksen goal was crucial not long after Southampton's second! Actually put a whole pound on Spurs at half time when they were priced at 9/2 for the win! Lol! Defence definitely needs tightened all the same.