Dún na nGall v Muineachán, Páirc Sheáin Mac Cumhaill, 02/03/14, dó a chlog

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 24, 2014, 02:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Another tasty one to look forward to.. Haven't seen any of the men from the hills this year but believe they are in free scoring form.. Can't see too many changes for Monaghan, D Hughes still out. If we show the form we did against Meath and Down (in the first half!) then I'd be reasonably confident. The winner of this one will have one eye on promotion..

dlgael

It's in O' Donnell Park, Letterkenny GMF.
I think Donegal will win this clash. Home advantage and a winter of discontent will be in our favour.
That being said I believe the performance to be more important than the result as is true of any game in February/March.
I think this game will be a good barometer for where our summer will end. A win on Sunday and I think we'll give Ulster a really good crack. Defeat and I think we'll struggle to overcome Derry.

Main Street

Quote from: dlgael on February 25, 2014, 10:47:07 AM
It's in O' Donnell Park, Letterkenny GMF.
I think Donegal will win this clash. Home advantage and a winter of discontent will be in our favour.
That being said I believe the performance to be more important than the result as is true of any game in February/March.
I think this game will be a good barometer for where our summer will end. A win on Sunday and I think we'll give Ulster a really good crack. Defeat and I think we'll struggle to overcome Derry.
Just when you think you have had your dose of discontent and are in recovery stage, you meet Monaghan.
Life is cruel on Donegal.

Goldengreen

here some info on the match traffic restrictions for Sunday :
===========================================================
Donegal v Monaghan takes place in O'Donnell Park this Sunday, March 2nd and the following traffic restrictions will be in place:

Road closure at Blacks Junction (Bottom of Convent Road) from 12:30pm.

Access only to residents of Ballymacool/Kirkstown/Conwal, vehicles with passes, disabled drivers and match officials.

Non match traffic will be diverted at Dunnes Stores/Station House roundabout via Oldtown.

Match traffic will be diverted into Retail Parks car parks and LYIT car park. There will be some signs at various Car Parks for match parking.

Shuttle bus service from The Station House Hotel / Old Dunnes Stores to O'Donnell Park.

No parking for match traffic at GAA ground. No parking on Kirkstown road near GAA grounds or in vicinity of Ballymacool Woods.

Non match traffic from Glenties direction will be diverted at Newmills via Rockhill from 1pm. Local residents, HGVs and buses will be permitted access.

Match traffic from Glenties direction will be diverted into local car parks. When these car parks are approaching capacity match traffic from Glenties direction will be turned at Glenties side of O'Donnell Park and parked on left hand side of road outbound.

Please follow the directions of Match Stewards and an Garda Síochana at all times.
=============================================================================================
FYI:
Take Note the LYIT car park is about 3km away
Where the Shuttle Bus picks you up its just over 1km away

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Monaghan team for sunday.

Rory Beggan; Ryan Wylie, Drew Wylie, Fintan Kelly; Colin Walshe, Kieran Duffy, Conor Boyle; Gavin Doogan, Paul Finlay; Thomas Kerr, Chris Mc Guinness, Padraic Keenan; Dermot Malone, Jack Mc Carron, Conor McManus.

Schkite

Fairly youthful team, the back 7 in particular is very young with a few new faces in the forwards aswell. It'll be a good test for these lads but it's going to be very tough to get anything out of it away to a near full strength Donegal.

Goldengreen

Donegal Team:

Paul Durcan
Karl Lacey, Neil McGee, Ryan McHugh,
Frank McGlynn, Leo McLoone, Anthony Thompson,
Rory Kavanagh, Martin McElhinney,
Mark McHugh, Christy Toye, Odhrán MacNiallais,
Colm McFadden, Michael Murphy (captain), Dermot Molloy.

Subs: – Michael Boyle, Darach O'Connor, Neil Gallagher, Declan Walsh, Eamon Mc Gee, Gary McFadden, Hugh McFadden, Leon Thompson, Luke Keaney, Martin O'Reilly, Patrick McBrearty.

J OGorman

timmyot501

Went to buy a ticket for this one but it's telling the shop guy no tickets available. Could it be sold out?? Surely not.

James91

No it's not sold out...tickets are available at O'Donnell park from 12:30 tomorrow. Each shop only gets a certain allocated amount of tickets so most shops have sold out their quota just!

omagh_gael

No messing in the league this year from McGuinness. Not many teams out at the minute with more or less their full championship team. Wonder how they'll fair when all other teams move up through the gears in the summer?

GrandMasterFlash

Are they're any Donegal online radio stations covering the game? I can't handle the thought of Michael Tynan regaling us on NS with his parochial musings..

Main Street

Tynan was missing from Northern Sound last time, but he was replaced with a replica space cadet, there must be a bottomless pit in Cavan for that personality type.

Looks like we have sent out the kids to play against Donegal, young in years but football dna going back generations.