NFL Division 3 2014

Started by ross4life, January 20, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2014, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 26, 2014, 05:54:31 PM
The odds i posted above should change after that FBD result today. We remain so inconsistent anything could happen & until we sort out our defence we can forget about promotion.

Because the other D3 counties playing this weekend looked so impressive?

What's with the obsession GAA supporters have with odds, anyways?

Because the odds are more or less how you are rated. Two years ago we were one of the favourites to get relegated have we really improved so much since? i guess we'll find out after this league campaign.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on January 26, 2014, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2014, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 26, 2014, 05:54:31 PM
The odds i posted above should change after that FBD result today. We remain so inconsistent anything could happen & until we sort out our defence we can forget about promotion.

Because the other D3 counties playing this weekend looked so impressive?

What's with the obsession GAA supporters have with odds, anyways?

Because the odds are more or less how you are rated. Two years ago we were one of the favourites to get relegated have we really improved so much since? i guess we'll find out after this league campaign.

We've improved plenty. Lots of good footballers with some experience at senior under their belts now. There's no excuses not to get it done this year.

FermGael

Cavan 2/7 v Fermanagh 7/2. Draw is 8/1

Not much point turning up then so.
Cavan the new footballing superpower.
If we keep it under 15 then we will be doing well.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mylestheslasher

Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2014, 09:37:41 PM

I'm sure if ye kick and drag and box enough you will keep it under 15. A good kick to a Cavan mans head like was done in the same game last year and it might even get you the win.

rodney trotter

Are those odds a surprise.  Fermanaghs Mckenna cup form was dire, but would expect it to be a close game. Promotion was probaly lost against Fermanagh last year and the cynical game plan, revenge would be nice.

FermGael

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 27, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

I'm sure if ye kick and drag and box enough you will keep it under 15. A good kick to a Cavan mans head like was done in the same game last year and it might even get you the win.

Myles you talking about Antony Forde again?

FermGael

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 27, 2014, 09:47:43 PM
Are those odds a surprise.  Fermanaghs Mckenna cup form was dire, but would expect it to be a close game. Promotion was probaly lost against Fermanagh last year and the cynical game plan, revenge would be nice.

Revenge? Do the two championship games last year not leave us owing you one?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2014, 09:56:15 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 27, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

Myles you talking about Antony Forde again?

Nope. Ye are lucky there was no TV cameras and a "weak as water" ref or one of your star men would have been enjoying a 12 month ban from football last year. I never witnessed such an act on a field before or since.

rodney trotter

Revenge from last year league defeat. Championship is played on hard ground where teams try to play football a different comparisson

FermGael

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 27, 2014, 10:07:08 PM
Revenge from last year league defeat. Championship is played on hard ground where teams try to play football a different comparisson

You leave the two lads up front and then pack the defence. As cynical as most teams.
That I suppose is modern football.

Westside

If we have realistic expectations of playing Division 2 football next year we have to win this game. No excuses. Wonder which Fermanagh man will be sent out to try take Mackey out of the game for the 3rd time in 12 months?

FermGael

Wonder are Paddy Power giving odds on when Forde gets sent to the stand again?
Cavan are jusy as cynical as most other teams.
Have you forgotten the punches thrown at Sean Quigley in the qualifier's?

rodney trotter

FermGael I doubt many teams could match Fermanagh last year for cynical play. Anyway hopefully its a football game this time, not rugby,

mylestheslasher

Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Wonder are Paddy Power giving odds on when Forde gets sent to the stand again?
Cavan are jusy as cynical as most other teams.
Have you forgotten the punches thrown at Sean Quigley in the qualifier's?

He was only sent to the stands once and it was against ye. Anyway, there was hardly a punch landed in that pile of handbags from either team last year. Hopefully Pete McGrath, being a good football man, will have ye concentrating on playing football like Cavan do instead of trying to foul your way to victory.  ;)

TomFun

Really looking forward to a football lesson from Cavan this weekend, I hope we learn from their pure expression of and artistic bent on the game of gaelic football. Who knows, if we are attentive enough we will get an insight into what it is to be a stylish winning team on the up and may somehow mend our terrible, evil ways.

After this wonderful opportunity to share a pitch with these football messiahs we can then begin our league campaign with the hope of a point here and there against lesser teams.