NFL Division 3 2014

Started by ross4life, January 20, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 07, 2014, 09:01:58 AM
Bye lads and lassies. Nice knowing ye.

*packs bags, exits quietly*

:-[

Don't become strangers. Get back here asap.

Rossfan

THe word "Pedestrian" was invented for games like yesterday's appalling spectacle in the Hyde.
The players were disinterested, the followers definitely were as only around 500 turned up and when you take away the U16s and Season ticketers did 100 people actually pay on the day?
Can you imagine Kilkenny hurlers being disinterested in a game even a matterless one? No! That's what separates winners from"Ah sure we're doin grand" players.
We were diabolical in the first half yet could have been ahead if we'd got the deserved penalty. However the removal of 1 disinterested lad and 2 who aren't County players at half time improved us a bit. Compton with 2 v good points , C Murtagh won a few good frees early on and looked lively all through while Keane ( not a County player either) worked his ***** off.
David Keenan had a great game but - don't be gettin on the end of moves near the posts Davidín - not your strong point.
We spent most of the day goin backwards and sideways and arsin around , a style of gobsh1tery I thought we'd eradicated.
Problems remain from 2-9 - we have NO Midfield. I wonder will many more members of the U21 squad be moved up to try and improve things for the Summer e.g Murray, Corcoran.
Like our Longford friend it's farewell to D3 and no loss either.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Thanks Seanie.

The new regime has not settled well in Longford. For the most part of the League we played brutal stuff. One would think the goals are across the pitch watching Longford. Handpass, handpass, handpass, lose possession, run back to goals etc etc.

From Div 4 to Div 3 to Div 2 to Div 3 to Div 4. Tipp did the same a few years ago.

Knives are being sharpened I hear.

I am too depressed to think of tuning into results from Fraher Field, Ruislip or Aughrim in 2015. I wont even get to see us play Offaly in May as I will be in Wexford that Sunday at an event.

Tis a black day for us Longford folk.

Good luck to Rossies and Cavan in Div 2. It's a different world up there and I hope ye survive.

armaghniac

Shamrock Shore, would you have any info on where to park near Div 3 venues and the like that you no longer need? I'm sure Tony Fearon would be glad of this. Following comments on the Sky TV thread, I am going to emigrate.  :-[
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

Sorry to hear of your troubles Armaniac. But don't despair. Plenty of parking near all of the grounds of counties in Div 3 in 2015 for the bauld Fearon - especially if he turns up at each of them a week early.

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 07, 2014, 12:47:04 PM
Thanks Seanie.

The new regime has not settled well in Longford. For the most part of the League we played brutal stuff. One would think the goals are across the pitch watching Longford. Handpass, handpass, handpass, lose possession, run back to goals etc etc.

From Div 4 to Div 3 to Div 2 to Div 3 to Div 4. Tipp did the same a few years ago.

Knives are being sharpened I hear.

I am too depressed to think of tuning into results from Fraher Field, Ruislip or Aughrim in 2015. I wont even get to see us play Offaly in May as I will be in Wexford that Sunday at an event.

Tis a black day for us Longford folk.

Good luck to Rossies and Cavan in Div 2. It's a different world up there and I hope ye survive.

Cheers Shams. Longford are too solid a county to be down in D4 for long.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on April 07, 2014, 01:12:04 PM
Shamrock Shore, would you have any info on where to park near Div 3 venues and the like that you no longer need? I'm sure Tony Fearon would be glad of this. Following comments on the Sky TV thread, I am going to emigrate.  :-[

;D  ;D  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 07, 2014, 03:31:46 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles Armaniac. But don't despair. Plenty of parking near all of the grounds of counties in Div 3 in 2015 for the bauld Fearon - especially if he turns up at each of them a week early.

And he'll be delighted to know that he can get a cup of tea and even a bowl of soup in Markievicz Park if Armagh are one of our opponents in our 3 home games (for some reason we only get 3, year after year...). He did some moaning about not being able to feed his face the last time he was there.

armaghniac

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2014, 12:17:08 PM

And he'll be delighted to know that he can get a cup of tea and even a bowl of soup in Markievicz Park if Armagh are one of our opponents in our 3 home games (for some reason we only get 3, year after year...). He did some moaning about not being able to feed his face the last time he was there.

There are some advantages, Wexford Park has the best coffee of any GAA venue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on April 08, 2014, 12:29:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2014, 12:17:08 PM

There are some advantages, Wexford Park has the best coffee of any GAA venue.

We use washroom water in ours.

Pity we're closing the Hyde next year because we could have infected the D2 elite.