Predict the 2014 NFL Division 2 promoted teams

Started by BennyCake, January 16, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which two teams will get promoted from NFL Division 2?

Armagh
4 (6.5%)
Donegal
41 (66.1%)
Down
18 (29%)
Galway
9 (14.5%)
Laois
3 (4.8%)
Louth
2 (3.2%)
Meath
13 (21%)
Monaghan
23 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

mattockranger

Donegal

with Galway and Meath dark horses

Down
Monaghan will stay but won't go up

Laois my certs to go down

Louth
Armagh whoever finishes above the other will stay up,....sunday will be crucial
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Dont Matter

Meath, Louth and Armagh are division 3 teams with ideas above their stations. Time for the big boys to put them back in their place, we'll keep Louth up cause you just can't stay angry at the wee lads.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

BennyCake

I do fear Armagh will be relegated. All these injuries to key players will not help our cause. A good start is essential, and if we lose in Drogheda we will struggle to stay afloat.

Farrandeelin

I voted Donegal and Meath, but it could be any of Donegal, Meath, Galway or Monaghan who get promoted.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2014, 03:05:49 PM
It is hard to believe Westmeath are D1
I bet they'll come straight back down

In fairness they took eleven of fourteen points in division two last year however they should return to division two in 2015.

GrandMasterFlash

Monaghan's last two games are home ties which might prove crucial, if promotion is still on the cards at that point..  ;)

Sheedy

down v monaghan postponed until tomorrow at 2pm
nil satis nisi optimum

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on January 31, 2014, 03:26:20 PM
All this 'trying to get promoted' stuff is a bit needy if you ask me.
Just relax and enjoy the ride.
Exactly. And if they can't score points the goals will come .
There is no point in getting excited after 2 losses on the trot.

Maguire01

A game of two halves and Monaghan lucky to come away with a point. Although this being an away game against one of last year's division 1 teams - i would have settled for that before the game, so I'll call it a result for Monaghan, despite leaving a bit deflated (and bloody cold!). The difference was Monaghan missing all 3 of their goal chances and Down converting their one chance.

Dubh driocht

Fair enough summary Maguire. Monaghan were so much better than Down in the first half it was embarrassing. I think O'Rourke made a balls of his tactics in the second half while James called it right and in the end Down were unlucky not to win. Still, both of us reasonably happy. Armagh will be a tight one for us whereas I think Monaghan will push on and be in the promotion shakedown- I'll settle for mid-table.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 02, 2014, 04:56:02 PM
A game of two halves and Monaghan lucky to come away with a point. Although this being an away game against one of last year's division 1 teams - i would have settled for that before the game, so I'll call it a result for Monaghan, despite leaving a bit deflated (and bloody cold!). The difference was Monaghan missing all 3 of their goal chances and Down converting their one chance.

Down had more than the one goal chance. Mallon blazed a chance wide after a great run through and there were another two half chances.

Last year Down started really strongly in the first half of league games and tailed off in the second half but we are good at finishing out the second half against monaghan  :P

Maguire01

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 02, 2014, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 02, 2014, 04:56:02 PM

Down had more than the one goal chance. Mallon blazed a chance wide after a great run through and there were another two half chances.

Last year Down started really strongly in the first half of league games and tailed off in the second half but we are good at finishing out the second half against monaghan  :P
I was having flashbacks to 2012!

babarino

Happy enough to come away with a point. Mallon and Carr were best for Down. Exciting times for Monaghan considering there were so many newbies, who acquitted themselves very well. Mc Carron was outstanding - there's a wealth of forward talent in Monaghan at the moment.

Have to say that some of the ref frees given to Down in the 2nd half were howlers. And what about the Down keeper, dispossessed outfield and hauling down the Monaghan man. What's the black card supposed to be about? Replacing him wouldn't have been a big deal for Down - his kickouts were terrible. Is this the same ref that booked Darren Hughes in the All-Ireland quarter final, for the perfect tackle.  :-\

Maguire01

Quote from: babarino on February 02, 2014, 06:54:28 PM
Happy enough to come away with a point. Mallon and Carr were best for Down. Exciting times for Monaghan considering there were so many newbies, who acquitted themselves very well. Mc Carron was outstanding - there's a wealth of forward talent in Monaghan at the moment.

Have to say that some of the ref frees given to Down in the 2nd half were howlers. And what about the Down keeper, dispossessed outfield and hauling down the Monaghan man. What's the black card supposed to be about? Replacing him wouldn't have been a big deal for Down - his kickouts were terrible. Is this the same ref that booked Darren Hughes in the All-Ireland quarter final, for the perfect tackle.  :-\
I hadnt realised, but yes, you're right. Right too about McCarron - great prospect in the forward line.

Main Street

I'm not happy with the draw, it's a point lost. I was under the impression that Monaghan had won the game by 0-13 to 1-05, RTE had that score up on their scoreboard screen at 3.35pm.
Good to see yet another young Kerr emerge from that gene pool, to the county team.