Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

McConnell started in every game in the league. This is a puzzling one, unless he is injured.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Star Spangler

QuoteI wouldn't be overly surprised to hear that Mulligan will start ahead of McGuigan.

I hope not.  Mulligans no centre forward.

118cmal

Quote from: Uladh on May 18, 2007, 10:27:50 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 17, 2007, 08:54:53 PM
the current best full back in the country

Give me a break ffs.

Is john devine a total bolt from the blue to be in goals lads?

Name me a better full back.

Also to the guy wondering about steven maguire.  There were rumours that he would play this year, and he attended the fermanagh trials.  However, apparently he doesnt get on with the management.  As well as that he got married in January and needs an operation which he is due to have this autumn.  Not sure exactly whats wrong with him but dunno if he'd be 100% for inter-county football.  All the same, he's a massive miss

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 18, 2007, 09:23:10 AM
Not so sure about Colm Cavanagh but hopefully he proves me wrong on Sunday

Where you at the Ardboe - Moy c'ship game 2 years ago?

I can see him getting young player of the year!  ;) - (He'll have a stinker now!!  :P )

ONeill

I was at that game. Wasn't he marked by Cormac McGinley? A very young Colm performed well that day.

Ignore that, twas Moy v EC.

Uladh

loughshore lad

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 18, 2007, 11:34:36 AM
Quote from: loughshore lad on May 18, 2007, 09:23:10 AM
Not so sure about Colm Cavanagh but hopefully he proves me wrong on Sunday

Where you at the Ardboe - Moy c'ship game 2 years ago?

I can see him getting young player of the year!  ;) - (He'll have a stinker now!!  :P )

Unfortunately I was at that game between Moy and Ardboe. Yes he had a great game that day but there is a big difference between playing well in a club championship game and consistently doing the business at county level in the championship.

118cmal

Quote from: Uladh on May 18, 2007, 11:57:41 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 18, 2007, 11:15:56 AM

Graham Canty

Okay, this is a pretty futile argument since a lot of it is just down to opinion. All i will say that to have won two all-stars at full back before the age of 25 playing for fermanagh has gotta make him a pretty special player.

And getting back to my original point, i just cant see young cavanagh giving him a "torrid time."  I dont even think FF is his best position.  The fermanagh forward line lacks physicality, but yes theres plenty of speed and guile in there.  Do u guys think tyrone would prefer fermanagh to play a more traditional big man at FF or will mickey be happy enough to see the wee men playin?

believebelive

Quote from: 118cmal on May 18, 2007, 11:15:56 AM
Quote from: Uladh on May 18, 2007, 10:27:50 AM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 17, 2007, 08:54:53 PM
the current best full back in the country

Give me a break ffs.

Is john devine a total bolt from the blue to be in goals lads?

Also to the guy wondering about steven maguire.  There were rumours that he would play this year, and he attended the fermanagh trials.  However, apparently he doesnt get on with the management.  As well as that he got married in January and needs an operation which he is due to have this autumn.  Not sure exactly whats wrong with him but dunno if he'd be 100% for inter-county football.  All the same, he's a massive miss

Did Maguire play lasy year. Don't remember him togging out. I never heard of his falling out with the management though. Does he not need a groin op or something. Has not been playing for Belcoo either according to Gaelic Life last week

tyroneman

Personally I believe Owens to be in the top 3 backs in the business. What may haoppen though is that McCullogh lines up against him and Cavanagh further out the field to mix things about and hopefully pull him out of position.

McGuigan was a big suprise. He did well enough in the limited NFL action he had but playmaker??? Some argue he has the attrributes to be better than Brian but surely he needs to start delivering on that prmoise soon. Best of luck to him though.

agree that Mugsy is no CF  - must be played further up.

Cormac Mcginley though...................the BIGGEST weakness in the team  :-[

Jack Dempsey

who takes fermanaghs frees ?,

ExiledGael

This is one area we are very fortunate in.
Tom Brewster is very accurate off the left foot regularly floating over 45s, while Ciaran O'Reilly is one of the best free-takers in Ulster IMHO.
He was the free-taker for Queens this year when they won the Sigerson, and he's right footed, so that's about the only area of the game I'm not fretting about.
Just hope we can get the frees in the first place! Expect plenty of diving  ;)

ONeill

It'll be interesting to see who takes on the free-taking duties for Tyrone. Gormley, McCullagh and S Cavanagh all have taken frees in the past. I heard that Dooher also fancies himself as a free-taker too. I suppose it'll be horses for courses in terms of left and right with McCullagh and Gormley. For longer ranged attempts - McMahon?

new devil

Cormac Mcginley though...................the BIGGEST weakness in the team

Totally agree, too slow .....there has to be better fullbacks in the county ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Things mightnt look great right now but its strange what a difference a few weeks can make. A decent win on Sunday with 2 or 3 of the new players playing well and the majority of the other injuries clearing up would lead to a confident Tyrone team entering the semi. Although as I said earlier its very similar to last year but hopefully Harte and the other players will have learnt from those experiences. When there were injuries last year the reserves didnt seem to there but hopefully the junior cavangh,mcguigan and mcmahon can help solve this. If the full forward line lines out as selected a lot will be expected from Cavanagh as the other to would not be considered great ball winners.