2013 All-Stars

Started by ONeill, July 29, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Sensitive Monaghan men. I will explain. Mr Farney made the point that Dunne wasn't to be considered for an all star based on the fact he has played against crap teams . I am just saying similar stupid arguments could be made to water down Monaghan achievement this year - clearly none of yis liked that.

Maguire01

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2013, 06:57:25 PM
Sensitive Monaghan men. I will explain. Mr Farney made the point that Dunne wasn't to be considered for an all star based on the fact he has played against crap teams . I am just saying similar stupid arguments could be made to water down Monaghan achievement this year - clearly none of yis liked that.
But your points were more stupid.  :P
And some of them were just wrong.

FWIW, I'd say there's a decent chance of Dunne getting a nomination, especially if he makes any kind of impact on Sunday - players don't tend to get noticed for what they do in the qualifiers.

Itchy

More stupid, don't think so. How good or bad the opposition is subjective. If Fermanagh had sneaked a win against us in Ulster who is to say they would not have sneaked a win against Monaghan? Then the experts would be saying it was no great achievement beating 2 Div 3 teams.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2013, 07:51:31 PM
More stupid, don't think so. How good or bad the opposition is subjective. If Fermanagh had sneaked a win against us in Ulster who is to say they would not have sneaked a win against Monaghan? Then the experts would be saying it was no great achievement beating 2 Div 3 teams.

'If' your aunty had balls she 'could' be your uncle..

5 Sams

After the weekend....nailed on are Aidan O'Shea, Jack McCaffery, Cavanagh. I still thinkDarren Hugheswill get one.
The Aristocrat Years

Schkite

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 05, 2013, 07:51:06 PM
After the weekend....nailed on are Aidan O'Shea, Jack McCaffery, Cavanagh. I still thinkDarren Hugheswill get one.

Can't see it. As you say, O'Shea and Cavanagh are nailed on and Hughes has played in midfield this year. I would say Cillian O'Connor has all but secured one.

5 Sams

Quote from: Schkite on August 05, 2013, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 05, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

Can't see it. As you say, O'Shea and Cavanagh are nailed on and Hughes has played in midfield this year. I would say Cillian O'Connor has all but secured one.
Forgot him. 6 goals in two games will definitely get it for him.
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 30, 2013, 01:04:10 PM
Martin Dunne anyone? Top scorer in the championship so far and top scorer from play as well!

Threw his toys out of the pram when he was subbed.
Not All Star material.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

The All Stars representation will be as follows

6 from the winning team

4 from the losing team

1 from Monaghan

3 from the losing semi finalists.

1 wild Card

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 05, 2013, 08:12:56 PM
The All Stars representation will be as follows

6 from the winning team

4 from the losing team

1 from Monaghan

3 from the losing semi finalists.

1 wild Card

Will be near enough I'd say. I think either Wylie or Walsh will get one for Monaghan. Of the others Cluxton, McCaffrey, Cavanagh, O'Shea and O'Connor are also in the box seat to win awards

CC1

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 29, 2013, 04:39:47 PM
I'll have a stab based on performances to date:
1 Niall Morgan (on NFL performances)
2 Killian Clarke
3 Ger Cafferky (not that bowled over by him but can't think of an outstanding candidate)
4 Colin Walshe (Should get one regardless of what happens from here)
5 James McCarthy (Ditto)
6 Dessie Mone
7 Jack McCaffrey
8 Aidan O'Shea (or David Givney)
9 Sean Cavanagh
10 Cian Mackey (or Mark Donnelly)
11 Ciaran Kilkenny
12 Paul Flynn
13 Colm Cooper (out of position, I know)
14 Kieran Hughes (or Alan Freeman)
15 Paul Mannion

Obviously will change completely
I know I'm biased but I couldn't agree more with you there. He has been class in pretty much every Championship match this year, including the losses to Monaghan and Kerry.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

Killian Clarke  Cian Mackey and Martin Dunne will surely get All star nominations i reckon,but unfortunately losing quarter finalists rarely get too many all stars,so its unlikely they will get one.
Mackey has an outside chance though.

Stephen Cluxton
Ger Cafferkey
Jack McCaffrey
Aidan O Se
Sean Cavanagh
Cillian O'Connor

are certs to get one

imtommygunn

Mackey has been superb this year. Deserves to be in with a shout. Not sure martin dunne deserves one.

Five or six certs thus far. The rest depend on the last three, or so, games.

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on August 05, 2013, 09:40:13 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 29, 2013, 04:39:47 PM
I'll have a stab based on performances to date:

2 Killian Clarke

Obviously will change completely
I know I'm biased but I couldn't agree more with you there. He has been class in pretty much every Championship match this year, including the losses to Monaghan and Kerry.

The one area of the game that he needs to improve on is his distribution with his foot when he goes forward.  His passing is one thing that lets his game down slightly.  He has had some championship though.

Schkite

I would say Cavan's best chance of an all-star would be Cian Mackey. Of course the three remaining games will decide the bulk of the team but I can't think of many better performers at wing-forward, I'd say he's in with a great shout.