All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals Draw

Started by drici, July 27, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

There's no doubt about it, Tyrone have a swagger in Croke park.  Some of the younger posse who were dropping the ball short of the posts in the final stages of the league final are now slotting them over or laying it off.  The oulder lads love playing here.

The speed of Penrose and Mark/Mattie Donnelly around the middle is crucial here for winning the dirty ball and hassling the likes of Donaghy.

Monaghan did a job on Donegal's two main scorers-and were aided by Mark McHugh's injuries and Donegal's lack of sharpness.  Tyrone in the league were averaging eight or nine different scorers per game-that has dropped to 5 or six-still impressive.  So, even is Stevie and Sean are nullified, somebody else will take over the scoring-McCurry, Donnellys, McAliskey and a sprinkling of others. 

Monaghan's cards are now on the table and I expect that Tyrone will take the threat of the Hughes', McManus Mone and Finlay very seriously.

I would be shocked if Tyrone were to lose this one.  I would start with a weaker team than we had out against Meath, mindful that some lads are going to be tired after this past few weeks.

babarino

Quote from: Whishtup on July 28, 2013, 09:25:19 PM
        There's no doubt about it, Tyrone have a swagger in Croke park.  Some of the younger posse who were dropping the ball short of the posts in the final stages of the league final are now slotting them over or laying it off.  The oulder lads love playing here.

Don't know too many players who don't love the thought of playing there. 

Quote from: Whishtup on July 28, 2013, 09:25:19 PM
        The speed of Penrose and Mark/Mattie Donnelly around the middle is crucial here for winning the dirty ball and hassling the likes of Donaghy.

This is most likely where the game will be won and lost.

Quote from: Whishtup on July 28, 2013, 09:25:19 PMMonaghan did a job on Donegal's two main scorers-and were aided by Mark McHugh's injuries and Donegal's lack of sharpness.  Tyrone in the league were averaging eight or nine different scorers per game-that has dropped to 5 or six-still impressive.  So, even is Stevie and Sean are nullified, somebody else will take over the scoring-McCurry, Donnellys, McAliskey and a sprinkling of others. 

Monaghan's cards are now on the table and I expect that Tyrone will take the threat of the Hughes', McManus Mone and Finlay very seriously.

I think you'll find a sprinkling of other Monaghan lads that'll pose a threat.

DJGaliv

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 28, 2013, 02:57:19 PM
Quote from: DJGaliv on July 28, 2013, 01:05:42 PM
Do you think these qfs double headers will be full house, or is there a chance of a ticket.
Some great games in store.
Tickets here - http://gaa.tickets.ie/ - although only Lower Davin and Terrace tickets onsale.

I'd expect Saturday to be a sell-out with the Dubs involved. Monaghan and Tyrone should bring a good crowd too.

The only had Davin left earlier, but now have Upper Cusack available. Is that they work it with online bookings do ye know? It's hardly nearly sold out already.

Syferus

Quote from: DJGaliv on July 28, 2013, 11:21:47 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 28, 2013, 02:57:19 PM
Quote from: DJGaliv on July 28, 2013, 01:05:42 PM
Do you think these qfs double headers will be full house, or is there a chance of a ticket.
Some great games in store.
Tickets here - http://gaa.tickets.ie/ - although only Lower Davin and Terrace tickets onsale.

I'd expect Saturday to be a sell-out with the Dubs involved. Monaghan and Tyrone should bring a good crowd too.

The only had Davin left earlier, but now have Upper Cusack available. Is that they work it with online bookings do ye know? It's hardly nearly sold out already.

They get tickets sent back all the time so they could appear anywhere, it's usually best to keep checking to see what's available. If you get some near mid-field or even two sections either side it's time to deal.

Onion Bag

Is there another draw for the semis or has this already been decided

Tyrone V Monaghan
Dublin v Cork
Mayo v Donegal
Cavan v Kerry

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

cluaineois

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 29, 2013, 10:11:23 AM
Is there another draw for the semis or has this already been decided

Tyrone V Monaghan
Dublin v Cork