Sinn Fein's fractured relationship with PSNI vehicles

Started by T Fearon, June 22, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

Quote from: Count 10 on June 27, 2013, 04:59:21 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 27, 2013, 10:37:44 AM
Quote from: Count 10 on June 26, 2013, 02:58:33 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 26, 2013, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: Count 10 on June 25, 2013, 05:13:13 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 25, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
I'm not a SF Loyalist like Nally, however I do not believe that SF are any more empowered or confined by the Police Service than any of the rest of us. All Police services need to be held to account, but they can also operate within the authority granted to them by the laws they enforce. I've watched the GK video on numerous occasions now and whilst he in my opinion is a little over aggressive in his manner, like Alban Magennis I can see the situation and the tensions and what he was trying to avoid. The question must be rightly asked why arrest one 16 yo for provocative behaviour whilst ignoring the similar behaviour of the Brethren and the bands. A misjudgement by the officer concerned, and we all an make mistakes. In this instance it was compounded by the officer telling GK he would pull in but then doing the opposite...why lie? Just tell GK I'll see you down the nick. On the face of it the arrest was in contravention of police tactics over flags, and in that volatile environment could have led to violence being perceived by that community as bias. Context is everything. Personally I believe the PSNI do a great job on the whole. They don't get it all right, however you start losing the trust, sparse as it is of working class republican areas and SF support for Policing becomes more difficult to maintain.

I am not a SF voter but that in bold is absolute bollocks. Great job my arse.....they facilitated the loyalist flag protests...did not police it...and claimed it was for the greater good..bullshit. They are a bunch of halfwits with no clue...try ringing them if someone was breaking into your house...sorry no cars available...yet they can have 4 unmarked cars, 2 marked cars, 2 paddy wagons, 4 landrovers at the shambles in Armagh at chucking out time!
As I said a great job!
Seriously though they are a service under the same constraints as every other service in the current economic climate. They are not the Prods are Us RUC of old. Can they improve...yes but so can we all in our day jobs. I have no difficulty with how they policed the loyalist protests only that an individual officer decided that the Carrick Hill protests were to be policed differently.

So long as there are half-wits like you backing them then everything will be fine ::)
When argument fails resort to insults. There is nothing half witted about the rule of law. The PSNI are no worse than police forces across the world including the Garda...Humans in organisations make mistakes. They may not be perfect but its a big improvement and they are moving forward. If you can articulate where you disagree that would make for debate, but lay off the insults.

Ok enlighten me...what do you mean when you say the PSNI do a great job on the whole
No point in continuing a debate, you have made up your mind, but God forbid you are robbed and beaten, or knocked down by a bus...who will you call, assuming you are not dead? The CIRA?

Count 10

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2013, 10:21:43 AM
I'm not a SF Loyalist like Nally, however I do not believe that SF are any more empowered or confined by the Police Service than any of the rest of us. All Police services need to be held to account, but they can also operate within the authority granted to them by the laws they enforce. I've watched the GK video on numerous occasions now and whilst he in my opinion is a little over aggressive in his manner, like Alban Magennis I can see the situation and the tensions and what he was trying to avoid. The question must be rightly asked why arrest one 16 yo for provocative behaviour whilst ignoring the similar behaviour of the Brethren and the bands. A misjudgement by the officer concerned, and we all an make mistakes. In this instance it was compounded by the officer telling GK he would pull in but then doing the opposite...why lie? Just tell GK I'll see you down the nick. On the face of it the arrest was in contravention of police tactics over flags, and in that volatile environment could have led to violence being perceived by that community as bias. Context is everything. Personally I believe the PSNI do a great job on the whole. They don't get it all right, however you start losing the trust, sparse as it is of working class republican areas and SF support for Policing becomes more difficult to maintain.

I am not a SF voter but that in bold is absolute bollocks. Great job my arse.....they facilitated the loyalist flag protests...did not police it...and claimed it was for the greater good..bullshit. They are a bunch of halfwits with no clue...try ringing them if someone was breaking into your house...sorry no cars available...yet they can have 4 unmarked cars, 2 marked cars, 2 paddy wagons, 4 landrovers at the shambles in Armagh at chucking out time!
As I said a great job!
Seriously though they are a service under the same constraints as every other service in the current economic climate. They are not the Prods are Us RUC of old. Can they improve...yes but so can we all in our day jobs. I have no difficulty with how they policed the loyalist protests only that an individual officer decided that the Carrick Hill protests were to be policed differently.

So long as there are half-wits like you backing them then everything will be fine ::)
When argument fails resort to insults. There is nothing half witted about the rule of law. The PSNI are no worse than police forces across the world including the Garda...Humans in organisations make mistakes. They may not be perfect but its a big improvement and they are moving forward. If you can articulate where you disagree that would make for debate, but lay off the insults.

Ok enlighten me...what do you mean when you say the PSNI do a great job on the whole
No point in continuing a debate, you have made up your mind, but God forbid you are robbed and beaten, or knocked down by a bus...who will you call, assuming you are not dead? The CIRA?

4 days to come up with that ;D...don't give up your day job 8)...by the way what age are you? about 12 I'd guess ;D

Applesisapples

Quote from: Count 10 on July 01, 2013, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2013, 10:21:43 AM

As I said a great job!

4 days to come up with that ;D...don't give up your day job 8)...by the way what age are you? about 12 I'd guess ;D
There again... insults are no substitute for reason.

Count 10

Reason?  ;D You have not given one reason as to why you feel the PSNI are doing a good job on the whole.....so excuse me for laughing AGAIN ;D ;D

Applesisapples

Quote from: Count 10 on July 01, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
Reason?  ;D You have not given one reason as to why you feel the PSNI are doing a good job on the whole.....so excuse me for laughing AGAIN ;D ;D
Ok well lets look at it:
Acceptable now to a large majority of the population in both main traditions.
Record of Success against organised crime and disadents.
representative of the community they police.
accountable to the policing board......etc...etc...
But perhaps this is why you don't like them? ;)
Oh and by the way you have now twice thrown personal insults at me so forgive me if I leave my response at this, I have no wish to trade insults.

Count 10

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2013, 11:35:54 AM
Ok well lets look at it:
Their record in policing the flags protest and parades would not support this
How do you measure this success? Diesel laundering, drug dealing, dissidents have now become part of everyday life 
More representative...I'll concede that
They still investigate themselves which is unacceptable
Never said I didn't like them
Oh and by the way you have now twice thrown personal insults at me so forgive me if I leave my response at this, I have no wish to trade insults.
Sensitive soul...you have no argument so admit it

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2013, 11:35:54 AM
Ok well lets look at it:

lol. You obviously haven't had to deal with this super force on a personal level. Political soundbites dont give a valid reason why the PSNI are doing a good job. At a local level it seems you have to actually murder someone before you are apprehended. They are a fine collecting force. Their main aim is to target the people who are fit to pay fines and fine them for whatever reason is possible.

Count 10

Agree, it's very easy to fine speeding motorists.....and it makes for good statistics.....but tackling thugs, drug dealers, criminals...no chance.
They took almost 20 mins to travel 500 yards during the recent flag protests in Armagh when a Catholic pub was being attacked....you could walk it in less than 3 mins.....yet they can have 25...yes 25 police officers enter licensed premises on a Saturday night to make sure there is no after hours drinking.

They tell lies ....and it's their word against yours....but they have been caught out numerous times thanks to cctv.
They are not accountable to the public that pay their wages.....around 50% of the officers in Armagh are bottle blonde women about 5ft high and quite a few Catholic officers who want to be Chief Constable...yet have only 2-3 years service.
Yes a far cry from the RUC, but at least we all knew where we stood with them!