Sinn Fein's fractured relationship with PSNI vehicles

Started by T Fearon, June 22, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Tonto on June 22, 2013, 03:38:32 PM
.  Stand in the way of a police vehicle with its sirens on, the get should have been arrested.

Like your mates were when they attacked the PSNI during their protests  over a Democratic decision about flying their flag ::)
"the get" is an Elected Public Representative .
Are you still pining for the good oul days when ye wouldn't have any of "them" around the place.?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tonto

Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2013, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: Tonto on June 22, 2013, 03:38:32 PM
.  Stand in the way of a police vehicle with its sirens on, the get should have been arrested.

Like your mates were when they attacked the PSNI during their protests  over a Democratic decision about flying their flag ::)
"the get" is an Elected Public Representative .
Are you still pining for the good oul days when ye wouldn't have any of "them" around the place.?
My mates? Seriously?

When you are on the back foot attack the man.

Thatcher was an elected public representative... Tell me again, what was your opinion of her? Actually, I can't really be arsed - don't bother.

armaghniac

QuoteMy mates? Seriously?

Maybe not mates, they are rather uncouth fellows after all.
Political fellow travellers then in the "great" project that is the British Empire.

Tonto

Quote from: armaghniac on June 22, 2013, 06:58:23 PM
QuoteMy mates? Seriously?

Maybe not mates, they are rather uncouth fellows after all.
Political fellow travellers then in the "great" project that is the British Empire.
Not quite sure what you are trying to imply but if it is what i think can i reassure you that I'm no snob of the political chattering classes or foot soldier of British Imperialism.

Fair play to you all for your attempts to turn this into a questioning of my political identity rather than keeping it on topic.

Rossfan

Quote from: Tonto on June 22, 2013, 07:04:11 PM
[your attempts to turn this into a questioning of my political identity rather than keeping it on topic.

Your descriptions of Gerry Kelly might have given us all a fair idea of where your political sympathies lie  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tonto

Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
[your attempts to turn this into a questioning of my political identity rather than keeping it on topic.

Your descriptions of Gerry Kelly might have given us all a fair idea of where your political sympathies lie  ;)
Yes, because unionists are all flag protesters who pine for "the good oul days". Or "uncouth". Or imperialists. I'm sure there are more to follow before someone backs up anything they say.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tonto on June 22, 2013, 07:51:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Yes, because unionists are all flag protesters who pine for "the good oul days". Or "uncouth". Or imperialists. I'm sure there are more to follow before someone backs up anything they say.
100% record so far  ;D

armaghniac

QuoteNot quite sure what you are trying to imply but if it is what i think can i reassure you that I'm no snob of the political chattering classes or foot soldier of British Imperialism.

I don't intend to imply you were a foot soldier. I accept that you may hold a commission.

Wildweasel74

unlike with Gerry, the tank didnt stop, more to the point what he standing in the way of a land rover anyway, you supposed to lead by example, cant hardly cry about blocking roads and traffic on the protestant side then do the same himself, is he also breaking the lwas he said was the case with flag protestors?

qubdub

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 22, 2013, 08:30:41 PM
unlike with Gerry, the tank didnt stop, more to the point what he standing in the way of a land rover anyway, you supposed to lead by example, cant hardly cry about blocking roads and traffic on the protestant side then do the same himself, is he also breaking the lwas he said was the case with flag protestors?
First off I would point out to you that the area had already been sealed off to traffic due to the parade so he wasn't blocking any road.

From what I can tell from the video a teenager had been lifted, was in the back of a PSNI landrover and his ma wanted to talk to the cops. GK intervened and according to him, the cops in the first landrover said they'd pull in down the road a bit but instead sped off. The second landrover did likewise. He stood in front of the third one demanding to speak to a commanding officer at which stage the landrover drove at him. It's all on the video.  GK probably wasn't in the right but the police hardly were either. You'd think an elected rep, member of the policing board and someone who had some influence within that community would be able to have the police on the ground engage more proactively with him and other reps in the interests of managing situations like this more effectively!

dillinger

Man V. Land Rover?

Sometimes there's just no allowing for stupidity.

balladmaker

It's wasn't exactly Indiana Jones stuff ... Not 100, not 50,was barely 10 yards from what I can see ... However, 1 yard or 100, the police had no right to advance 1 singe inch with someone standing right against the front of the landrover.  It ain't surprising though, I can imagine which side the driver hails from.

As for the Orange Order, pure and simple, scum of the earth, should be banned from parading anywhere never mind the public highway ... How such a sectarian grouping can be allowed to flaunt the law week in, week out, says it all regarding the authorities in charge.

It didn't take long for the Obama/G8 bounce to deflate.

dillinger

Quote from: balladmaker on June 22, 2013, 11:55:34 PM
It's wasn't exactly Indiana Jones stuff ... Not 100, not 50,was barely 10 yards from what I can see ... However, 1 yard or 100, the police had no right to advance 1 singe inch with someone standing right against the front of the landrover.  It ain't surprising though, I can imagine which side the driver hails from.

As for the Orange Order, pure and simple, scum of the earth, should be banned from parading anywhere never mind the public highway ... How such a sectarian grouping can be allowed to flaunt the law week in, week out, says it all regarding the authorities in charge.

It didn't take long for the Obama/G8 bounce to deflate.
You talk about sectarianism as you write a sectarian post?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2013, 01:48:44 PM
They can't just stop at marching past the chapel. They have to spit at it and shout Fcuk the Pope.
They really don't do themselves any favours and only have themselves to blame when they are inevitably told to fcuk off by the parades commission.
Stupid orange bastids.
Any footage of that? There were enough people standing around with camera phones just waiting for the paraders to step out of line, so I'm sure it must be out there somewhere. Otherwise the conclusion would have to be that yer man in the republican propaganda video was simply making stuff up, which I'm sure he wouldn't do.