Paul Grimley - Statement to Armagh fans

Started by ranch, May 23, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Armagh lost to Leitrim yesterday in a challenge game, apparently it wasn't a great showing. Haven't heard much more (scoreline etc), all seems very secretive.

naka

Reading too much into yezterday benches were emptied and everyone got a game

Orior

Quote from: naka on June 09, 2013, 07:43:59 PM
Reading too much into yezterday benches were emptied and everyone got a game

The fact that they lost means that a player gets selected by not playing awful - as opposed to getting selected by playing well.

What the hell are you on about Orior?

Ah forget it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ranch

If it was a case of benches getting emptied what was the point in playing the game? Surely we should be working on getting 'plan A' right?

naka

Fk sake Leitrim are gearing towards a provincial semi final in two weeks
We agreed to play them they put their team out, Armagh tried different things during the game with switches etc and tried to give the squad a run out.
It happens all the time .
Lets wait til the 29 June and see where we are?

muppet

Quote from: Orior on June 09, 2013, 08:23:17 PM
The fact that they lost means that a player gets selected by not playing awful - as opposed to getting selected by playing well.

What the hell are you on about Orior?

Ah forget it.

May I recommend the experimental but very promising O'Neill Therapy? It involves taking a dose of alter-ego three times a day, every day. Do not discontinue the treatment until Olly makes sense. Or failing that Lawnseed.
MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Quote from: ranch on June 09, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
If it was a case of benches getting emptied what was the point in playing the game? Surely we should be working on getting 'plan A' right?

Grimley was lucky he wasn't emptied the other week after the Cavan game.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

Hopefully  we'll see where we are on 29 June, there probably won't be another inter-county Armagh game until 2014.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ranch

Quote from: naka on June 09, 2013, 09:11:04 PM
Fk sake Leitrim are gearing towards a provincial semi final in two weeks
We agreed to play them they put their team out, Armagh tried different things during the game with switches etc and tried to give the squad a run out.
It happens all the time .
Lets wait til the 29 June and see where we are?

And we're gearing towards a qualifier in 3 weeks which is more important. Leitrim are playing London safe in the knowledge they have a 2nd chance if things go wrong. We no longer have that luxury.
Do you know what the score was?

ck

Lads a club mate of mine reffed the game, i can tell you that Leitrim won comfortably and held back quite a few players who were carrying knocks injuries etc. Armagh were woeful but they did seem to give their full squad a run.

T Fearon

I think Paul Grimley should submit an individual handwritten apology to every single Armagh fan in the county and deliver them personally on foot.Unless we reach the All Ireland Quarter Finals that is.

By way of extraordinary coincidence,isn't is exactly 40 years since we couldn't scrape together the full quota of 15 players to fulfil a NFL fixture in Leitrim?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2013, 09:57:13 PM
Hopefully  we'll see where we are on 29 June, there probably won't be another inter-county Armagh game until 2014.

Looks likely, maybe Armagh can cause a upset or two.

lawnseed

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 09, 2013, 11:50:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2013, 09:57:13 PM

Looks likely, maybe Armagh can cause a upset or two.
armagh already have caused an upset or two.. jeez if they get tanked brolly will lord it about right
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ranch

I see on the Armagh forums the score has been reported as 3-12 to 0-12 in favour of Leitrim.

Orior

Once again, a leaky defence and fulls backs being hung out to dry.

Plan A might work against Antrim if enough of their panel head of to USA, but then again....
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians