Paul Grimley - Statement to Armagh fans

Started by ranch, May 23, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

" Paul Grimley has contacted me this evening to relay this personal statement to YOU the fans.

To all Armagh supporters as Manager of our senior Team I am making a short statement in reference to our senior championship match v Cavan last Sunday, firstly let me apologise to all our loyal supporters and to our county board whom put there faith in me 6 months ago, if you feel I have let you down with the way we approached the game with reference to our tactics, let me sincerely say sorry for the hurt I have caused, I met with the players and management last night and I conveyed the same in what was a very positive meeting, I am proud to manage a talented loyal committed bunch of lads whom where only doing what they were told last Sunday and no blame should be brought to bear on them nor my management team as I have a very astute team around me. In the form of an explanation as to what went wrong as you may or may not know, we have adopted a very attack minded approach from the start of the year, a high pressure high risk strategy which was practised throughout the league with limited success, but we will persist with our plan although we shall address the risk element of our tactic and plan B will arrive when plan A is polished as these need to be worked on over months if not years to get right, finally I hope that our players both young and the more seasoned lads can count on your continued support, as for my long term position no doubt that will be decided by our club delegates at year end.

Thank you for your patience

Kind regards

Paul Grimley
"

Posted on Armagh co.board's own forum tonight by the web administrator.

http://armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/paul-grimley-statement-to-the-fans.2850/#post-61846

Seems a nice man but I don't think there's any need to go this far. Time to move on and concentrate on the qualifiers in 6 weeks time.

Shamrock Shore

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

This is getting ridiculous, he is making an eejit of himself. Why not put the head down and work like fcuk for 5 weeks and let the football do the talking.

ranch

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 23, 2013, 12:07:52 AM
Is this a wind-up?

I wish. http://armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/paul-grimley-statement-to-the-fans.2850/#post-61844

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 23, 2013, 12:12:33 AM
This is getting ridiculous, he is making an eejit of himself. Why not put the head down and work like fcuk for 5 weeks and let the football do the talking.

Agree totally.

moysider

WTF. Surely you re not taking this seriously?

ranch

Quote from: moysider on May 23, 2013, 12:15:59 AM

It's a genuine statement. Released on the county website tonight.

Shamrock Shore

Apart from the bad spelling and the complete lack of proper punctuation this is the greatest pile of poo I've read in a long time.

Jesus, if every time Longford played badly and the manager felt the need to release a statement there would be large areas of Brazil cleared.

Ridiculous thing to do if it's for real.

ranch

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 23, 2013, 12:23:39 AM
Apart from the bad spelling and the complete lack of proper punctuation this is the greatest pile of poo I've read in a long time.

Jesus, if every time Longford played badly and the manager felt the need to release a statement there would be large areas of Brazil cleared.

Ridiculous thing to do if it's for real.

The co.board's web administrator released it on the fans forum tonight at Grimley's request.

http://armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/paul-grimley-statement-to-the-fans.2850/#post-61844

moysider

Quote from: ranch on May 23, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

Well, its over then for Paul Grimley.

That has to be one of the worst errors of judgement of an intercounty manager I ve ever seen. I still think it s a joke. Childish.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ranch

Quote from: moysider on May 23, 2013, 12:34:33 AM
Quote from: ranch on May 23, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

Well, its over then for Paul Grimley.

That has to be one of the worst errors of judgement of an intercounty manager I ve ever seen. I still think it s a joke. Childish.
Follow the link. The co.board's web administrator posted it.

We lost a game, there's no need for this sort of stuff. Move on and get the head down for 6 weeks!

Syferus

I doubt a statement will sink him, tactics that don't work will.

A nice sentiment but miss-timed and one that will end up being a stick to beat him with, even if we are in the heart of over-reaction theatre right now.

At least he's not a robot, I guess.

ranch

Quote from: Syferus on May 23, 2013, 12:41:51 AM
I doubt a statement will sink him, tactics that don't work will.

A nice sentiment but miss-timed and one that will end up being a stick to beat him with, even if we are in the heart of over-reaction theatre right now.

At least he's not a robot, I guess.

At least he genuinely cares, which is something. I would actually say the same for POR and McDonnell, our 2 previous managers, too.
A definite over reaction from fans and management alike since Sunday though.

Throw ball

He is a manager trying to detract criticism from his players. Many others have done similar. Only time will tell if he has played the right cards.