Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

#15960
We're back! I don't mind who we get in the draw.

I was surprised Meyler picked up MOTM. McKernan probably edged D Canavan for me.

Though I will say Donegal were pretty hopeless. I didn't understand the talking up of them during the week. How much of that was us making them look that bad I don't know.

Fear ón Srath Bán

#15961
Meyler neutralised Eoghan Bán, no easy feat, and the way Donegal targeted him in the second half (around his head in particular) would suggest that he deserved MOTM, IMHO.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

time ticking away

Well done to the management, they got it all right this evening
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

NotedObserver

Darragh canavan is worth the admission fee alone. Another day R Canavan could have had 1-5 himself.

marty34

A lot of slabbering in football these days. Tyrone and Donegal players at it all game. Trashy stuff.

square_ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 24, 2023, 09:16:15 PM
Meyler neutralised Eoghan Bán, no easy feat, and the way Donegal targeted him in the second half (around his head in particular) would suggest that he deserved MOTM, IMHO.

Not sure if he was targeted as such. Think it was just coincidental he was the man on the end of the 3.

God14

Really good result & performance to go with it

Still have concerns about the half back line. Rory Brennan is the biggest loss of all the players that walked away. In my eyes anyway. Rory at 6 and that side would take some talking too

The Canavan's.... Unreal

CK_Redhand

Ruari has such raw natural talent but is still not the finished article. Conor McKenna was mentioned earlier this week, Ruari is the closest we have to that ability. Hopefully himself and Daragh stay injury free and dominate for years to come.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2023, 10:15:59 PM
FS, I've stuck the house on Donegal.

If you need a place to stay I've a spare room. Some performance, hope we get Derry next.

WT4E

Back to my mckenna point earlier in the week and the Meyler MOTM. I think that's why football is not as enjoyable anymore
.mangers and supporters seem to back the mundane reliable player as opposed to the maverick.

Give me the moment of genius from mckenna as opposed to the meyler talking about sleeping patterns any day of the week.

Anyway think we go to a semi now.

An Watcher

Every team has a mixture of the exciting and dull.  Each has an important role to play and one without the other is useless.  Fair play to Tyrone tonight on a very professional performance

Fuzzman

I agree. Team sport needs different types of players.
Look at Dooher and Stephen ONeill or Mugsy.
Saying that I'm delighted to see Ruairi Canavan in the starting lineup now. More scoring threat than Oguz, McGeary or Burns at half forward..

He is still young and inexperienced and took the wrong option today a few times but I'm really excited about the next few years with him, Darragh and Dazzler.
Mattie is showing us he's far from ready to hang up the boots just yet.
McKernan has become a very important player for us and is well able to kick a score.
I see if Mayo win tomorrow then Kerry have to either meet Tyrone or Monaghan so that will be some fun.

LeoMc


RedHand88

The Canavans. What else is there to say? If Tyrone get to a semi and Darragh puts in one more big performance he's in with an all star regardless of who wins the all ireland.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on June 24, 2023, 10:53:27 PM
Back to my mckenna point earlier in the week and the Meyler MOTM. I think that's why football is not as enjoyable anymore
.mangers and supporters seem to back the mundane reliable player as opposed to the maverick.

Give me the moment of genius from mckenna as opposed to the meyler talking about sleeping patterns any day of the week.

Anyway think we go to a semi now.

Strange comment given Tyrone have a forward line with two canavans and McCurry. Plenty of excitement there. The likes of mattie, Harte etc aren't bad either. There's a lot more all round skill and flair to the team than the 95 team for example.

I don't care what meyler talks about either, he's a brilliant player. Can take s key opposition player out of the game while putting in huge shifts himself.