Donegal on slippery slope?

Started by ck, April 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: muppet on May 13, 2013, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2013, 10:07:20 PM
So you CAN request a referee delete something from his report a few days later?

Stop putting words in my mouth.

They made the complaint to the ref who knew nothing about it.

They could simply have informed Croke Park that they were withdrawing the complaint.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. It was a simple question. I'm going under the assumption that you know more about the rules than I do, given that you're making these suggestions (I've not been directly involved in GAA for a long time and I'm not well up on the technical details of these issues). I was under the impression that once the referee submitted his report, the GAA had to act on it, that it was out of the referee's and teams' hands. I may well be wrong.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2013, 10:14:46 PM

They could simply have informed Croke Park that they were withdrawing the complaint.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. It was a simple question. I'm going under the assumption that you know more about the rules than I do, given that you're making these suggestions (I've not been directly involved in GAA for a long time and I'm not well up on the technical details of these issues). I was under the impression that once the referee submitted his report, the GAA had to act on it, that it was out of the referee's and teams' hands. I may well be wrong.

I am also out of the game for a long time.

But this is pretty simple, rules or no rules.

Donegal made a complaint to ref who saw nothing but included in his report that Donegal made a complaint.

If Donegal subsequently withdraw the complaint then all they have is a ref who saw nothing, no camera evidence and a player who denies involvement.

It ends there.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: muppet on May 13, 2013, 10:18:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2013, 10:14:46 PM

I am also out of the game for a long time.

But this is pretty simple, rules or no rules.

Donegal made a complaint to ref who saw nothing but included in his report that Donegal made a complaint.

If Donegal subsequently withdraw the complaint then all they have is a ref who saw nothing, no camera evidence and a player who denies involvement.

It ends there.

Assuming there would be no repercussions for Donegal for doing so, you' may be  right. But, they figured that they'd persuade McBrearty to change his mind. Apparently they tried and failed.

Mind you, that still leaves the one man's word against another issue.

rrhf

They say he's a quiet modest lad.. Once bitten twice shy

Hardy

Amazing that it took 21 pages.

drici

Leinster chiefs to quiz Dublin and DCU as they weigh up probe into 'bite'

Leinster Council have asked both Dublin and DCU for their views on a reference to a biting allegation contained in the report of referee David Gough after Sunday's O'Byrne Cup match between the teams in Parnell Park.

The report will be discussed at an unscheduled meeting of Leinster's Competition Controls Committee in Portlaoise tomorrow evening. Leinster's disciplinary arm had not been scheduled to meet until next week.

It is understood that the referee was made aware that a DCU player was the victim of an alleged bite during the course of the second half, and that the allegation came from a DCU player.

Both Dublin and DCU have been invited to comment on the contents of the report as Leinster CCC explore whether or not there is a case to investigate the matter further.

There are strong connections between the Dublin team and DCU. Dublin have used DCU's Glasnevin facility St Clare's as their training base since Pat Gilroy's reign, while the Dubs' skills coach Mick Bohan is also a coach with the DCU team.

Former Dublin selector Michael Kennedy is also involved and one of Gilroy's advisers, Professor Niall Moyna, is DCU manager.

A Dublin player was at the centre of a biting allegation last year when Donegal's Paddy McBrearty was the apparent victim during a league match in April. McBrearty was treated in hospital, where he received injections.

But after a lengthy investigation there was insufficient evidence available to the Central Hearings Committee to suspend the player in question and the case against him was "not proven".

Jinxy

Have we covered all the tooth/biting puns or has a sufficent period elapsed that we can start again?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on January 14, 2014, 10:38:59 AM
Have we covered all the tooth/biting puns or has a sufficent period elapsed that we can start again?

New year/new puns please

Mayo4Sam

Hopefully we'll get the tooth this time around
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Dinny Breen

About time we had a topic we can sink our teeth into..
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

You'd want to be some enamel altogether to bite another human being.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Another brush with the CCCC.

Dubs going well I hear - they're whitening fast this year.

Dinny Breen

Be careful lads The Dubs have fillings too..
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Leinster GAA are going to check up on this.

I can see someone getting implanted for this.

And to crown it all, DCU bate them.