Donegal on slippery slope?

Started by ck, April 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 06, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 06, 2013, 07:03:02 PM
Dont like the title to this thread, Donegal are not on a slippery slope. top 3 team thats got a good chance to win the all-ireland, chance it to Donegals all-ireland chances or something!

Maybe they have been training in Bundoran Waterworld.

Running naked up & down Errigal all weekend. Gave the tourists something to talk about!!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 06, 2013, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 06, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 06, 2013, 07:03:02 PM
Dont like the title to this thread, Donegal are not on a slippery slope. top 3 team thats got a good chance to win the all-ireland, chance it to Donegals all-ireland chances or something!

Maybe they have been training in Bundoran Waterworld.

Running naked up & down Errigal all weekend. Gave the tourists something to talk about!!!

Sounds like the lads Gerald of Wales imagined and wrote about as he slandered the Irish.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

BluestackBoy

Whatever about being on a slippery slope, the schedule some of these players are going through is something else.
This weekend just gone the Kilcar county players did the following

Thu  County training
Fri    Challenge game against Galway in Sligo
Sat   County training followed by league game (Mc Brearty scored 2-6)
Mon  League game

I have nothing but confidence in JMcG and his team & I'm sure they know what they're doing, but Jesus this is extreme!!!!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

ross4life

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 06, 2013, 08:53:55 PM
Whatever about being on a slippery slope, the schedule some of these players are going through is something else.
This weekend just gone the Kilcar county players did the following

Thu  County training
Fri    Challenge game against Galway in Sligo
Sat   County training followed by league game (Mc Brearty scored 2-6)
Mon  League game

I have nothing but confidence in JMcG and his team & I'm sure they know what they're doing, but Jesus this is extreme!!!!!

A 5 point win for Donegal from what i hear.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

He should just let it go at this stage.
It's obviously been gnawing at him though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

I think it was vital that McGuinness made some sort of statement as their silence since the incident has created a strange sort of mystery around the whole incident, which the Dubs and some others have clung onto and turned the whole thing on its head.
I think that's why Jimmy highlights that McBrearty was actually the victim here and lets not forget that but a lot of people on here seem to not believe that and seem to be stating that Donegal are lying about the whole incident.

I know a lot of ye are fed up discussing this at this stage but I'd be curious how many of ye think Donegal are lying and how many believe that an incident did happen but they just couldn't prove it.
In my eyes I believe the latter.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 10, 2013, 10:43:40 AM
I think it was vital that McGuinness made some sort of statement as their silence since the incident has created a strange sort of mystery around the whole incident, which the Dubs and some others have clung onto and turned the whole thing on its head.
I think that's why Jimmy highlights that McBrearty was actually the victim here and lets not forget that but a lot of people on here seem to not believe that and seem to be stating that Donegal are lying about the whole incident.

I know a lot of ye are fed up discussing this at this stage but I'd be curious how many of ye think Donegal are lying and how many believe that an incident did happen but they just couldn't prove it.

You're entitled to your opinion however uninformed it may be.

screenexile

Quote from: heffo on May 10, 2013, 10:46:35 AM

Heffo this is getting ridiculous now. You and Indiana claim to have the inside track and know what went on yet are unwilling to post the whole story? You're making yourselves out to be totally unreasonable and blinkered Dublin supporters.

If you have information that we are not party to then why now share it and enlighten us all.

If you're not then it's clearly looking like O'Brien bit McBrearty. Is he going to deny that he apologised to McBrearty after the match? Is the Dublin doctor going to come out and say he didn't accept there was a bite at the time?

Unless you can fill us in Dublin are coming out worst in this!!!!

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on May 10, 2013, 10:48:57 AM

Heffo this is getting ridiculous now. You and Indiana claim to have the inside track and know what went on yet are unwilling to post the whole story? You're making yourselves out to be totally unreasonable and blinkered Dublin supporters.

If you have information that we are not party to then why now share it and enlighten us all.

If you're not then it's clearly looking like O'Brien bit McBrearty. Is he going to deny that he apologised to McBrearty after the match? Is the Dublin doctor going to come out and say he didn't accept there was a bite at the time?

I'll say it 100% - there was no bite. An incident took place between the players and neither was worse than the other. They shook hands after the game as both were guilty - there was never an apology from either player to the best of my knowledge.

This was driven by two people in the Donegal setup - one member of mgt and one officer of the board.

There was another good reason why McBrearty didn't turn up at the hearing (aside from the fact there was no bite) - I've already alluded to that and until it's published in the media somewhere (which I've no doubt it will be) I'm not going to say anything further.

johnneycool

So McBrearty was a bold boy as well then?

J70

Well your options are:

1. Bite, report, investigation, young lad doesn't  want to "snitch", matter dropped.
2. Orchestrated conspiracy (including Letterkenny hospital and photographic evidence) to blacken name of innocent player for reasons as yet unapparent (or even theoretically plausible), with conspiracy collapsing due to McBrearty commiting some alleged, unnamed, but apparently heinous act in a club game and thus having to withdraw due to compromised credibility (because McBrearty commiting some offense means he can't have been a victim in a different game) or because his cooperation with CHC would lead to his exposure and thus suspension (not sure how... Blackmail?).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

But if I was, I would find it interesting that two known alleged biting incidents in recent years in intercounty football have involved Dublin players.

yellowcard

Quote from: heffo on May 10, 2013, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 10, 2013, 10:48:57 AM

I'll say it 100% - there was no bite. An incident took place between the players and neither was worse than the other. They shook hands after the game as both were guilty - there was never an apology from either player to the best of my knowledge.

This was driven by two people in the Donegal setup - one member of mgt and one officer of the board.

There was another good reason why McBrearty didn't turn up at the hearing (aside from the fact there was no bite) - I've already alluded to that and until it's published in the media somewhere (which I've no doubt it will be) I'm not going to say anything further.

Compare this assertion with Jim McGuinness' statement.

"There's an apportion of blame there, which I don't like. I don't like the apportion of the blame. Patrick is without blame in this situation. He was bit, and was a victim of that bite.

If McGuinness says there was a bite then I'd have to believe him, the statements coming from Dublin posters is pure innuendo designed to deflect attention away from the fact that there was a bite.

Stating that there was no bite but without presenting any facts is mischievous from the Dublin camp who are trying to portray Donegal as liers in this whole affair. After McGuinness' emphatic statement I know who I believe now.

AZOffaly

In fairness if it was Dublin versus anyone else, particulary in Ulster, and Dublin denied the Ulster team's assertion that snow was black and fell upwards, a goodly portion of posters here would believe the lads from Ulster.

trileacman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 10, 2013, 01:50:52 PM
In fairness if it was Dublin versus anyone else, particulary in Ulster, and Dublin denied the Ulster team's assertion that snow was black and fell upwards, a goodly portion of posters here would believe the lads from Ulster.

I don't think so, I'm as jealous of Donegal's success as an southerner and wouldn't be running to catch the gospel from a management team that contains Rory Gallagher. Common sense would tell you the likely scenario here though and you have to go by that, which seems more plausible to you?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

heffo

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2013, 01:39:02 PM

2. Orchestrated conspiracy (including Letterkenny hospital and photographic evidence) to blacken name of innocent player for reasons as yet unapparent (or even theoretically plausible), with conspiracy collapsing due to McBrearty commiting some alleged, unnamed, but apparently heinous act in a club game and thus having to withdraw due to compromised credibility (because McBrearty commiting some offense means he can't have been a victim in a different game) or because his cooperation with CHC would lead to his exposure and thus suspension (not sure how... Blackmail?).

It's interesting while knowing zero about any of the facts of the situation, you describe the above as 'evidence' while the GAA president says 'We had no evidence provided on the game'