Donegal on slippery slope?

Started by ck, April 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2013, 02:36:48 AM
Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2013, 12:52:29 AM
Quote from: ck on April 28, 2013, 12:07:26 AM
Someone is gonna have to speak really slowly and spell this out for me. What is this gumshield story and how does it make Donegal look bad? Sorry but i'm lost here

Why would an injection be needed or publicised if the Dublin Vampire had a gumshield in?

Gumshields cover bottom teeth too?

That's what I was thinking, sure he could bite with his lower teeth.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

Exactly. Top teeth are the anchors and bottom teeth do the biting, you can still bite someone with a gum shield. Would also explain the bruising rather than laceration.

From the Bunker

Sweet Jaysus! Thank god Mayo did not bother to high light the gauging incident a few weeks back on Thompson from Donegal. Feck, the amount of bother from complaining/reporting an incident makes you wonder is better to take what you got and move on or face the full wrath of the jury and media. Some one is lying and at this juncture i doubt if the even the Great Man above knows who. Personally, I don't really care. Incidents happen in football, some are got away with some are not. Unless you have substantial proof of an incident, then there is no case. The word from the two involved counts for nothing. People will lie to get what ever outcome they want. Time to move on (and wait in the long grass to sort this out later on)!

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 28, 2013, 12:46:21 PM
Sweet Jaysus! Thank god Mayo did not bother to high light the gauging incident a few weeks back on Thompson from Donegal. Feck, the amount of bother from complaining/reporting an incident makes you wonder is better to take what you got and move on or face the full wrath of the jury and media. Some one is lying and at this juncture i doubt if the even the Great Man above knows who. Personally, I don't really care. Incidents happen in football, some are got away with some are not. Unless you have substantial proof of an incident, then there is no case. The word from the two involved counts for nothing. People will lie to get what ever outcome they want. Time to move on (and wait in the long grass to sort this out later on)!

Wasn't going to point that out.

We know the stance of the Donegal county board on 'biting', regrettably we don't know their stance, on gouging, feigning injury or members of their Senior mgt team entering the pitch to try and influence the referee to send off players when no offence has taken place, as they've been absolutely silent on these transgressions.

J70

Quote from: heffo on April 28, 2013, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 28, 2013, 12:46:21 PM

Wasn't going to point that out.

We know the stance of the Donegal county board on 'biting', regrettably we don't know their stance, on gouging, feigning injury or members of their Senior mgt team entering the pitch to try and influence the referee to send off players when no offence has taken place, as they've been absolutely silent on these transgressions.

Yes heffo, because Donegal are the ONLY team/county out there guilty of silence when its their own players who offend and fighting their corner when their players are on the receiving end.

Now, back to the "game changer" that is the gum shield rumour...

INDIANA

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 28, 2013, 12:18:25 PM
Exactly. Top teeth are the anchors and bottom teeth do the biting, you can still bite someone with a gum shield. Would also explain the bruising rather than laceration.

Thats right it was Dr Phil in the boardroom with the candlestick.

The reality is if O Brien wore any other colour jersey people would be up in arms over this.

They aren't because its Dublin and of course our Northern brethern all stick together like peas in a pod.

I've more respect for pond-weed then I do for most Northern teams I have to say.

Orchardman

The real issue is how the dubs have gone on the offensive over by calling the whole thing a mess, farce etc, no evidence, disgrace that donegal would lie, poor wee o'brien, blah blah.

Havn't seen one comment of condemnation for even the possibility of their player doing this disgusting act

J70

Quote from: Orchardman on April 28, 2013, 02:52:17 PM
The real issue is how the dubs have gone on the offensive over by calling the whole thing a mess, farce etc, no evidence, disgrace that donegal would lie, poor wee o'brien, blah blah.

Havn't seen one comment of condemnation for even the possibility of their player doing this disgusting act

But we're the pondscum! :P

Zulu

That's not true in fairness. When this first emerged most Dublin folk seemed to want the player banned for life from the Dublin team if he was guilty. It's only as this developed they changed tune and that appears to be because they are 100% sure their player didn't bite McBrearty. I don't know what happened but if I was a betting man, based on the confidence of every Dub and the actions of Dublin GAA during this episode I would bet there was no bite from a Dublin player. I may be wrong but it seems to me that Donegal are saying nothing and doing nothing while Dublin have confidently rejected the charge from the get go.

RMDrive

Quote from: Zulu on April 28, 2013, 03:12:39 PM

That's not true in fairness. When this first emerged most Dublin folk seemed to want the player banned for life from the Dublin team if he was guilty. It's only as this developed they changed tune and that appears to be because they are 100% sure their player didn't bite McBrearty. I don't know what happened but if I was a betting man, based on the confidence of every Dub and the actions of Dublin GAA during this episode I would bet there was no bite from a Dublin player. I may be wrong but it seems to me that Donegal are saying nothing and doing nothing while Dublin have confidently rejected the charge from the get go.

Honest question Zulu .. .can you give me a link where anyone involved in the Dublin setup has "rejected the charge"? You know as well as I do that the DCB statement about it being a bruise rather than a laceration, in no way denies that there was a bite.

Orchardman

Quote from: Zulu on April 28, 2013, 03:12:39 PM

fair enough zulu, the only thing im guilty off is using the dubs on here (heffo and indiana the only 2 i know off) as a gauge for dublin feeling. Quite possibly most good dublin fans would think different, but to be honest it hasn't come up in conversation with any of my dublin mates.

muppet

Ignore county bias for a second.

On one hand the CCCC found someone guilty of a bite and sentenced him. If the accused pleaded not guilty, as we know he did, then they must have accepted a version or submission as evidence. It appears McBrearty didn't attend so that seems to rule out the only other witness. In that event they would have been left with, presumably, either a picture or a medical account of an injury, or both, and a 3rd party who didn't witness the event linking the injury to the mouth of the accused, who denied it.

This would be pretty flimsy stuff and the 'why would anyone make it up that they were bitten?' argument would be laughed out of court.

Then a CHC appeal found the charge was 'not proven'.

This reflects very badly on the CCCC, and the CHC would have known this when delivering their verdict.

MWWSI 2017

oakleafgael

The only fact that I am 100% sure of in this mess is that there is independent medical evidence that McBrearty was bitten by someone on the day. The rest is based on half truths and second hand information.

muppet

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 28, 2013, 08:03:22 PM
The only fact that I am 100% sure of in this mess is that there is independent medical evidence that McBrearty was bitten by someone on the day. The rest is based on half truths and second hand information.

Define 'was bitten by someone' as pertaining to this case please.
MWWSI 2017

BluestackBoy

Jesus, you're not still on about this are you?
I wouldn't mind if there was one new fact to be gleaned but there isn't just more & more outlandish conspiracy theories.
I have a new one, Maybe JMcG bit him!!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.