Oisin

Started by All of a Sludden, February 24, 2013, 10:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It is a pity he only won one all Ireland with Armagh. They probably could have won more.

Syferus

The six All-Irelands with Cross probably softened the blow of 'only' winning one senior AI.

Plenty of equally legendary players never graced the Hogan Stand a single time. Oisin's legacy is one of winning, not of could-have-beens.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Rawhide

Just a great player.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Captain Obvious

One of the best. His scores from play were becoming less however he remained a big leader and great free taker he could have played into his 40s. Big void for Crossmaglen to fill.

JUst retired

Good luck with the next stage of your career, Oisin, Sorry to see you go.

Pangurban

One of the genuine greats,   who leaves great memories

T Fearon

Top scorer in the Ulster Championship,and with the way things are going and football becoming more defensive orientated,it's a record which will never be broken.

Corkey22

Its crazy that someone at the age of 37 is still good enough to start on a team like Crossmaglen. Sums it all up for me, class act!

orangeman

Quote from: Corkey22 on February 24, 2013, 09:50:01 PM
Its crazy that someone at the age of 37 is still good enough to start on a team like Crossmaglen. Sums it all up for me, class act!

And likewise crazy that someone at 40, Ryan Giggs is still good enough to play professional football for Man United.

Oisin could probably have won another 2 or 3 Armaghs at least. Some player on some team from some club !

get up there

oisin won more games for armagh and crossmaglen than we dare to remember, nerves of steel and a lethal finisher.

regal

An exceptional footballer for both club and county. The fact that he only received 2 all stars highlights the farcical nature of the all stars.

Hardy

Class, integrity, coolness under pressure, grit, courage, intelligence - some of the talents that combined to make him not just a great footballer, but an operator on a different plane - the serial, reliable match winner at the very top level, of whom there have been only a handful in football history.

naka

The end of an era, one of the true greats in Armagh football,
Hopefully  now last weekend will see the end of an era for cross too and some other clubs in the county will meet cross head on.

mackers

Quote from: AFS on February 25, 2013, 12:00:49 AM
An incredible match winner. A very good argument could be made that he was the most important player in the county's history. It's certainly difficult to imagine Armagh or Cross winning any of their AIs without his contribution. I doubt it'll be too long before he's back in the Cross dressing room in another capacity.
That's the point that I was going to make.  IMO Cross and Armagh wouldn't have won their AIs without him and that's the biggest compliment I could give him.  The whole Armagh squad became legends within the county on the 22.9.2002 but he is one of the very few players within that squad that you can say we wouldn't have won it without him.  He pulled it out of the fire for us more times that I can remember.  Armagh couldn't live without him it'll be interesting to see how Cross get on.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.