NFL Division 3 2013

Started by ross4life, January 27, 2013, 07:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

I am going to attempt to put this thread back on it's tracks...

I see Mal O'Rourke has named the same starting line up for the Cavan game. Personally I think it's a good thing to infuse confidence in the team and help bring the lesser experienced players on. To me that was a big problem with Banty, he always reverted to this 'chosen fews' irrespective of how the replacements fared. Not a good way to promote competitiveness in the squad IMHO..

Personally, I don't think the Cavan game will be an easy one at all. They will be well up for it.. I was listening to the coverage of the Cavan v Antirm game last week and they seemed to play well in patches of that game. Get ahead with the home crowd behind you and they could inflict damage..

In saying that I'm not gonna sit on the fence however. Monaghan by 2!  :)

Jinxy

Don't even know who we're playing next, and do you know what?
I don't care either.
I'm done with this bunch.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AQMP

Cavan v Monaghan  -  Monaghan

Fermanagh v Roscommon  -  Fermanagh

Sligo v Antrim  - Draw

Wicklow v Meath  -  Meath

Sleater

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 08, 2013, 02:31:27 PM
I am going to attempt to put this thread back on it's tracks...

I see Mal O'Rourke has named the same starting line up for the Cavan game. Personally I think it's a good thing to infuse confidence in the team and help bring the lesser experienced players on. To me that was a big problem with Banty, he always reverted to this 'chosen fews' irrespective of how the replacements fared. Not a good way to promote competitiveness in the squad IMHO..

Personally, I don't think the Cavan game will be an easy one at all. They will be well up for it.. I was listening to the coverage of the Cavan v Antirm game last week and they seemed to play well in patches of that game. Get ahead with the home crowd behind you and they could inflict damage..

In saying that I'm not gonna sit on the fence however. Monaghan by 2!  :)

I'll be surprised if the same Monaghan 15 start as did the previous game.  One thing that is obvious is that the players believe in O'Rourke and believe that they can achieve something this year- you more or less have every player who should be on the squad actually on it.  Eamon McEneaney didn't have that - players went to the states, opted out or were injured. It's very early days, so too soon to see if Monaghan have the back bone and substance to produce consistent results. The thrashing by Tyrone was a good thing and helped to settle the minds ahead of the Meath game. If a win is obtained against Cavan , I'll be more optimisitc that the right frame of mind is in the squad to gain promotion.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on February 08, 2013, 02:34:59 PM
I don't care either.

It's the jersey Jinxy, not the man in temporary possession of it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 08, 2013, 03:25:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 08, 2013, 02:34:59 PM
I don't care either.

It's the jersey Jinxy, not the man in temporary possession of it.

Ah don't tell me some lad's stolen Meath's jerseys now?

First trophies, then balls, now they can't even keep the shirts on their backs..

Main Street

Apparently it wasn't the real Meath who turned up at Clones, according to Darren Hughes
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hughes-defends-meaths-display-221746.html
Darren promises
"They will never be that bad again."

Saturday night on Northern Sound, Cavan v Monaghan.
Who gets the microphone?

Keane

We've got some D3 match previews over on live gaelic if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/national-league-division-3-4-previews/

We'll be doing live scores as well if anyone is looking over the weekend.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2013, 04:15:55 PM
Apparently it wasn't the real Meath who turned up at Clones, according to Darren Hughes
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hughes-defends-meaths-display-221746.html
Darren promises
"They will never be that bad again."

Very generous of him. I expect a bounce back as well, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were beaten again. It's all about attitude in my opinion, and the attitude is terrible at the minute. The team that lines out on Sunday is understrength in a big way again, not that I'll use that as an excuse. To think Meath are reduced to this ... whatever happens on Sunday, it couldn't possibly be worse.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Syferus

Ah, cry us a river. Plenty of counties with better heritages than Meath have fell on hard times and plenty more will in the future.

armaghniac

QuoteAh, cry us a river. Plenty of counties with better heritages than Meath have fell on hard times and plenty more will in the future.

All the same the population of Meath is about Roscommon, Longford and Cavan put together and equal to the effective pick in Armagh and Tyrone put together. They should really be competing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2013, 05:53:47 PM
Ah, cry us a river. Plenty of counties with better heritages than Meath have fell on hard times and plenty more will in the future.

Don't care. We are not other counties. And as bad as things are, there is that.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Rossfan

Anyway to get back to the games - a big test for us in Brewster tomorrow night as those lads will be buzzing after their big win over the mountainy men last week.
No word of a team but the 2 Donies, Ward and Shine are out from last week's starting line up.
Hopefully Paddy Brogan will fill in for Ward while Cathal Shine will presumably take his namesakes place.
I'd like to see David Hoey getting a run for as long as possible and Devaney getting more time than last week.
This would be a nice one to win and sit pretty with full points waiting while the Students , the mighty Railway Cup ::) and our Co Champions take centre stage for a few weeks.
A defeat wouldn't be the end of the world but let's not contemplate that just yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Monaghan should bate cavan out the door. Even Meath should be able for that. 

cluaineois

monaghan haven't been consistent they haven't won 2 in a row in the league since 2009. that said i think they will have too much for a very young cavan in what is described on HS as EL CLASSICO
once your a clone your never alone