I never knew this was on YouTube

Started by Hardy, January 11, 2013, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ard-Rí

Great goal, what a day that was. The comeback always gives you such a great feeling, I can't really describe it. This can.

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Hardy

theticklemister

Assumed it was joe sheridans attempted hand pass.

magpie seanie

To be fair to the Meath bucks it could have been one of a brave number of clips.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 11, 2013, 01:04:40 PM
To be fair to the Meath bucks it could have been one of a brave number of clips.

Aye, and every one of 'em worse than t'other! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

anglocelt39

Would Meath now view Louth as the must win Derby rather than the Dubs?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hardy

Meath would view Louth as that stuff you see from the flyover between the Boyne and the border.

blanketattack

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2013, 11:05:41 AM
One of the most momentous scores I remember. Louth people look away now.

Was this from the little publicised 2010 Leinster Final Replay that Meath offered to play after the controversial end to the first game?

Hardy

Quote from: blanketattack on January 11, 2013, 03:12:11 PM

Was this from the little publicised 2010 Leinster Final Replay that Meath offered to play after the controversial end to the first game?

Why would there be a replay because the losers attacked the referee?

blanketattack

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2013, 03:15:11 PM

Jaysus relax, I was only joking. I was actually on Meath's side in the aftermath as I felt Joe Sheridan did nothing wrong that warranted an attack on his character, just an unintentional technical infringment on par with picking the ball off the ground or an overhand hand-pass.

But seriously though, what match was this? was it from their comeback v Louth in around '04 where they came from around 5 pts down with a couple min left to win?

Hardy

Quote from: blanketattack on January 11, 2013, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2013, 03:15:11 PM

Jaysus relax, I was only joking. I was actually on Meath's side in the aftermath as I felt Joe Sheridan did nothing wrong that warranted an attack on his character, just an unintentional technical infringment on par with picking the ball off the ground or an overhand hand-pass.

But seriously though, what match was this? was it from their comeback v Louth in around '04 where they came from around 5 pts down with a couple min left to win?

Jaysus relax. I was only joking too.

Yes - it was that qualifier match, but it was 2002 on a Saturday evening in Navan. They were five points down going into added time. At least two minutes of added time had been announced. The "at least" bit was much quoted afterwards by Meath people to exasperated Louth people who said the ref should have blown up earlier.

Richie Kealy scored a goal. Someone else scored a point. Just a few seconds before the two minutes were up, there was a bit of argy-bargy and name-taking, which took up about 30 seconds, followed by a free to Meath. Trevor Giles found Ollie Murphy in the corner and the rest is on the clip.

Nobody in the place expected Geraghty to go for the goal. I can't think of anyone else who wouldn't have boxed it over the bar for the draw and a lucky escape and a replay.

southdown

As an under 16 it was clear that Banny would be a star!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9AoIFET4E

And I could watch this all day v Kildare in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MwvIe249gA

Ard-Rí

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

blanketattack

Quote from: Ard-Rí on January 14, 2013, 08:04:20 PM
No way Benny is U-16 in that!

I agree.
What's the statute of limitations on appealing against overage players?