Norn Iron - Soccer

Started by bennydorano, November 14, 2012, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

How much money do you think Chris Baird was paid by some dodgy gambling syndicate? Comical misses. Guess NI know how Portugal feel, kicking in match all night & little to show.  Thought the commentators were getting a bit 'johnny foreigner' near the end.

Have to say Norn are very easy to watch, lovely style of football, much better than thon other shower, give me the scour watching them.

Young Ferguson looks a fine prospect.

spuds

Sounded a great atmosphere, was flicking over from the Aviva stadium game and no comparison.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AZOffaly

Windsor Park was a world cup qualifier Northern Ireland had to win, the Aviva was a nothing friendly versus Greece. Where would you expect the better atmosphere?

spuds

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2012, 10:00:14 PM
Windsor Park was a world cup qualifier Northern Ireland had to win, the Aviva was a nothing friendly versus Greece. Where would you expect the better atmosphere?
Hmmmm.....can I get back to you on that one ?

I know that, but the fact that the support in the Aviva was so poor and lethargic is the point. And don't forget that we are the bestest fans, Platini had to endure John Delaney for the night after the cermony to mark how wonderful our fans are (in a near empty stadium).
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

fitzroyalty

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2012, 10:00:14 PM

from wiki - ''Windsor Park is currently restricted to a capacity of 12,342 under safety legislation, with an increase to 12,950 permitted for international matches utilising temporary seating.''
Easy to fill that Stadium, what attendance was in the Aviva?

bennydorano

Some chance.  ROI were the soccer splitters in this island i believe.

Aaron Boone

So hard to know the Caucasus of the poor performance.

NetNitrate

One team would still be useless. At least with two teams each shower gets a crumb of comfort watching the other shower lose.

Orior

Quote from: NetNitrate on November 15, 2012, 02:26:14 AM
One team would still be useless. At least with two teams each shower gets a crumb of comfort watching the other shower lose.

Exactly! lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

Quote from: bennydorano on November 14, 2012, 09:51:55 PM
How much money do you think Chris Baird was paid by some dodgy gambling syndicate? Comical misses. Guess NI know how Portugal feel, kicking in match all night & little to show.  Thought the commentators were getting a bit 'johnny foreigner' near the end.

Have to say Norn are very easy to watch, lovely style of football, much better than thon other shower, give me the scour watching them.

Young Ferguson looks a fine prospect.

Not just baird - cathcart cant have slept well last night either, and lafferty should have scored.

Thought we had too many passengers last night too - dean shiels i dont think should be starting or near it, and mcginn had a poor game after usually being one of my favoured players.

McCourt made a massive difference when he came on - he raised the crowd again when it was going flat - too many of our players continually pass it sideways where he was running at them.

rodney trotter

Michael O Neill taking over Norn Iron was probaly the best thing that could have happened for them (barring the result last night).. More Catholic players are switcing declaring for the North, eg Patrick McEleney from Derry, think his brother Shane did aswell.

Just aswell O Neill wasn't managing them when McGlean swicthed his allegiance...

balladmaker

We're not Brazil, we're Azerbaijan ... we're not Brazil, we're Azerbaijan ... they must be singing it in the streets of Baku following last night's draw with Norn Iron.

red hander

'... and lafferty should have scored.'

Lafferty couldn't score in a whorehouse ... but he certainly goes down like one of ladies employed there