Ricey Retires

Started by Nally Stand, October 30, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2012, 11:20:34 AM
You're a very unchristian being young Stew.

Ignore him. Just a bitter wee ballocks.

Bensars

Well Done Ricey, enjoy your retirement. An out and out winner. Competitive, tenacious, skillful leader who will always be remembered. So dominant over a long period of time the one word nickname is now known throughout the land.

Great to see so many who are still seething against him. Mainly Armagh men by the looks of it . But then again no suprise as somebody has to be blamed for their shocking underachievement in a period whereby  they had supposedly greatest ever side !

ziggysego

Quote from: stew on November 01, 2012, 12:16:20 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 31, 2012, 03:10:11 PM
A superb player, who could run rings around anyone during the glory years. Every county had their villians and Ricey was ours. Not that he ever did anything too bad, just people were looking for excuses to crucify him. The McEntee incident was terrible though.

He was your villain, fair enough, we had Francie as our's, the difference in the two men was night and day, one was hard as nails and uncompromising, the other was a slabber cheap shot artist who was an ugly human being on and off the field.

I have posted my details on here when challenged before so i won't do it again, I will say this though, I hope that tr**p gets whats coming to him and to me he, along with mcmenamin, is one of the biggest scumbags ever to play gaelic football at ANY level, never mind senior!

I never mentioned Francie, a fine player he was too.

Lets not pretend that Armagh are angels. What about the carry on to get Peter Canavan and Stephen O'Neill sent off in the 2005 Ulster Final. Not the actions of purity is it.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 01, 2012, 08:41:37 AM
Not that he ever did anything too bad

. The McEntee incident was terrible though.

:o

I put that in as an after-though to say it was an unforgivable action. But to say he was at that his entire playing career is unwarrented.
Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

He marked Paddy Bradley at Casement in the 2003 replay.As he came in to shake Paddy's hand he had Paddy's girlfriend's number written on his arm.Threw Bradley totally off his game and he was subbed that day.
Had heard that story before but was confirmed by Bradley himself when I asked him.

Club Rossa

Came from Bradley himself Bensars,perhaps it was on his right arm ;)

Hardy

mackers

Quote from: ziggysego on November 01, 2012, 01:04:39 PM
A superb player, who could run rings around anyone during the glory years. Every county had their villians and Ricey was ours. Not that he ever did anything too bad, just people were looking for excuses to crucify him. The McEntee incident was terrible though.

He was your villain, fair enough, we had Francie as our's, the difference in the two men was night and day, one was hard as nails and uncompromising, the other was a slabber cheap shot artist who was an ugly human being on and off the field.

I have posted my details on here when challenged before so i won't do it again, I will say this though, I hope that tr**p gets whats coming to him and to me he, along with mcmenamin, is one of the biggest scumbags ever to play gaelic football at ANY level, never mind senior!

Lets not pretend that Armagh are angels. What about the carry on to get Peter Canavan and Stephen O'Neill sent off in the 2005 Ulster Final. Not the actions of purity is it.
What did the Armagh players do to get Canavan and O'Neill sent off? Obviously Tyrone people have complained that they shouldn't have been sent off which I wouldn't comment on.....this is the first time I've seen a suggestion that Armagh players GOT them sent off.  You'll have to explain that one.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Still don't understand that. Would that get you riled though? "Oh I rang somebody who knows your woman and got her number... I'll definitely ride her now!"

Stuff like that can't be getting to you at this level. I doubt it got under Paddy Bradley's skin either but if I remember correctly he did have 2 lads marking him for the entire match which probably had more to do with his performance than a trampish stunt like that!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ziggysego on November 01, 2012, 01:04:39 PM

Ziggy your memory is playing tricks on you...

Stevie shouldered Andy Mallon over the sideline, after he left himself open clearing the ball from defence.

& McKeever saved wee Peter from people standing on him, as he lay at the bottom of the shamozzle (a shamozzle he started I believe...)

supersarsfields

Fair play Stew.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2012, 11:20:34 AM
You're a very unchristian being young Stew.

Not really Shane, was at a golf outing and that is the last time I ever post with beer in me.

My comments were way over the top and for that I apologize.

I still think he was a horrible hoor but I was way, way out of line and will be removing my posts.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 31, 2012, 10:59:37 PM
I'm still convinced he didn't deliberately spit on o'se. A still picture can be very misleading.

You have to be joking here????

blanketattack

It's not a real retirement though, just what Stephen O'Neill, Philip Jordan, Brian McGuigan et al. have done in recent years only to come out of retirement almost immediately. Just looking for a bit of attention, God bless him.

rodney trotter

Quote from: blanketattack on November 01, 2012, 04:25:38 PM
It's not a real retirement though, just what Stephen O'Neill, Philip Jordan, Brian McGuigan et al. have done in recent years only to come out of retirement almost immediately. Just looking for a bit of attention, God bless him.

McMenamin is 35, it was only ineviatble he would retire sooner or later. He wasn't even going to play this year - 2012 until he changed his mind.. Might get a a few years at club level.