Pink Jerseys!

Started by From the Bunker, October 14, 2012, 11:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Don't kow if this has been touched on before. I see Pink Jerseys have become popular among some of the women folk. They are a pet hate of mine. The only thing that identifies you as to what county they are from is the crest and the sponsor name. What is the purpose? Is it for girlies to more so show they are ladies rather than county team followers. For me if you want to wear a jersey, support your county and show you are part of the female race, then buy a inter-county replica Ladies Jersey!

What do you think?

maggie

Not a fan either. Would rather stick to the proper jersey myself. Maybe they are aimed more for primary school age children.

Onion Bag

A pet hate of mine is women wearing football jerseys
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Bod Mor

A pet hate of mine is whinging b@stards!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Farrandeelin

A pet hate of mine is the news on MWR.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Onion Bag

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bod Mor on October 14, 2012, 12:38:17 PM
A pet hate of mine is whinging b@stards!

Ah it's not really a whine, more so an observation and a solution.  ;D

DrinkingHarp

I thought the thing behind the pink jersey was for the support of breast cancer.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ross4life

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on October 14, 2012, 06:07:31 PM
I thought the thing behind the pink jersey was for the support of breast cancer.
I thought that too but i don't think it is? supporters wearing soccer jerseys to GAA games is worse than any pink jersey but then again i don't like soccer jerseys the only one i ever bought was 1990 Pat Bonner grey top.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

johnneycool

Quote from: ross4life on October 14, 2012, 06:23:04 PM
I thought that too but i don't think it is? supporters wearing soccer jerseys to GAA games is worse than any pink jersey but then again i don't like soccer jerseys the only one i ever bought was 1990 Pat Bonner grey top.

I hate grown men wearing team specific sports jerseys out and about in general, whether its EPL, SPL or GAA.

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2012, 10:35:19 AM
I hate grown men wearing team specific sports jerseys out and about in general, whether its EPL, SPL or GAA.
+1
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Bingo

squire_in_navy_slacks

Do you hate pink knickers on ladies ?????  ::)

Onion Bag

Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2012, 10:35:19 AM
Quote from: ross4life on October 14, 2012, 06:23:04 PM

what age bracket would you put on this??? i.e when does anyone turn into a grown man

Hardy

When your taste has developed to the point where you understand that wearing sports gear anywhere other than in a sports contest is tacky.