Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

RMDrive

Quote from: trileacman on May 08, 2013, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 08, 2013, 10:31:08 PM
Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

Against who? I don't remember that.

I've a friend from Mayo who'd love to go to the game, he's a big fan of Jim and the new Donegal. To be fair everyone on here is always shiting on about the GAA and its useless marketing department not doing enough to boast the profile of the games. Here we have a mouth-watering clash that could attract 25-30k to Clones by the look of things and yet the Donegal county board are allowed to piss on the parade. Why do they insist on holding on to home advantage?

Ummm, let me see .... what's the last word in that sentence again?  ;)

Some amount of moaning going on here. No doubt it will be a motivational factor for your team which could make all the difference  ::)

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 09, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
The diehard Tyrone fans will get tickets,the glory hunters can stay at home and watch it on the box.
Our attendances at national league games were probably averaging 4 to 5,000,so there's plenty of tickets to go around.

Think there was 4500 at the Cork game, over 6,000 at the Kerry game and close to 10,000 at the Donegal game. So I'd say on average probably around 5,500 to 6,000 Tyrone fans at the home league games. In theory the tickets should cover that but the tickets won't  necessarily be allocated to all those people. I do think the gaa did miss a good opportunity here to get a huge crowd with lots of children at the game which is good in terms of promotion.

Walter Cronc

Any chance you's can talk about the match? Lineups? Potential tussles? Injury concerns? Is that too much to ask!!

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 09, 2013, 10:38:01 AM
Any chance you's can talk about the match? Lineups? Potential tussles? Injury concerns? Is that too much to ask!!

Theres a match on????

Tyrone lads if the shoe was on the other foot would ye give up home advantage?

omagh_gael

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2013, 10:42:38 AM

Theres a match on????

Look back about a dozen or so posts and you'll get your answer from Rodman.

trileacman

Quote from: RMDrive on May 09, 2013, 10:32:46 AM
Tyrone were happy in 2009 to give up home advantage as All Ireland champions to accomdate extra fans so certainly aren't being hypocritical over the issue.

I've a friend from Mayo who'd love to go to the game, he's a big fan of Jim and the new Donegal. To be fair everyone on here is always shiting on about the GAA and its useless marketing department not doing enough to boast the profile of the games. Here we have a mouth-watering clash that could attract 25-30k to Clones by the look of things and yet the Donegal county board are allowed to piss on the parade. Why do they insist on holding on to home advantage?

Some amount of moaning going on here. No doubt it will be a motivational factor for your team which could make all the difference  ::)

Are you so afraid of Tyrone that the All-Ireland champions have to cling to home advantage for this tie?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

RMDrive

Quote from: trileacman on May 09, 2013, 11:02:48 AM
Quote from: RMDrive on May 09, 2013, 10:32:46 AM

Are you so afraid of Tyrone that the All-Ireland champions have to cling to home advantage for this tie?

If you boys are as good as you are telling everyone, then you'd beat us where ever we play. Donegal have never been afraid of Tyrone (not like we were with Armagh). We weren't as good as yous sometimes but were never afraid. I'm delighted that the lads will walk out in McCool park as AI champions, trying to defend their Ulster title.

rodney trotter

Donegal came out first in the draw and automatically had home the option of home advantage. What county would want to give away home advantage, even if the ground holds less then Clones?

nrico2006

Theres a match on????

Tyrone probably would give up home advantage, as pointed out by CML it was given up in 2009 against Armagh.  Omagh is hardly a fortress either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

Theres a match on????

We did.

I understand why Donegal didn't give up home advantage though. But it will annoy a lot of supporters from both sides when it becomes clear nearer the time that they won't get tickets. This game could easily manage 25K I would image. That's going to mean a lot of disappointed fans which is never good to see. I don't get the whole "f%&k the fair weather supporters" attitude. Not much of an attitude to promoting the game.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 09, 2013, 12:10:22 PM

Theres a match on????

Tyrone probably would give up home advantage, as pointed out by CML it was given up in 2009 against Armagh.  Omagh is hardly a fortress either.

Giving up Omagh to go to Clones is hardly earth shattering from a travelling point of view for Tyrone fans. It is still right on your doorstep. Giving up Ballybofey to go to Clones is a horse of a different colour for many Donegal people & would entail a return trip of up to 5 hours.
Donegal were quite right & anyway the game is live on TV.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Walter Cronc

As the home side and reigning Ulster and All Ireland Champions Donegal have every right to play this game at home!!

The GAA gets hammered time and again for being motivated by ground capacity over home advantage.

In typical Tyrone fashion (much like the black card issue) Harte's views are given coverage beyond merit.

Its pretty transparent that the siege mentality is being set by Harte to try and give Tyrone some sort of psychological advantage!!

supersarsfields

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 09, 2013, 12:48:53 PM
As the home side and reigning Ulster and All Ireland Champions Donegal have every right to play this game at home!!

The GAA gets hammered time and again for being motivated by ground capacity over home advantage.

In typical Tyrone fashion (much like the black card issue) Harte's views are given coverage beyond merit.
Its pretty transparent that the siege mentality is being set by Harte to try and give Tyrone some sort of psychological advantage!!

Hardly just Harte's views. There's a lot more than that that believe given possible attendance it would have made more sense to move it to a larger venue. This rules out virtually all neturals as well. But why let that get in the way of a bit of Tyrone knocking eh?

theticklemister

Lads dun na gnall came out first, they get home advantage. End of.

Great game in prospect and no club game for that weekend so happy days.