Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on March 27, 2013, 04:40:49 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2013, 03:59:14 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 27, 2013, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2013, 02:09:51 PM
Parking was grand I thought. In saying that in the Derry/Donegal qualifier a couple of years back there was maybe only 10-12k at it!

Yer balls. 5 thousand at most.

It wasnt in Celtic park Tickle ;)

What year did dun na ngall beat us when Enda Lynn missed that sitter at the end to tie it up. It was a qualifier game at Ballybofey?

i have a terrible memory for things like this.

I'm gona say 2009!

P.s Quit hijacking this thread ;)

theticklemister

some bit of googling there.

Was at it, not a chance there were 12,000 at it Walter. Any Donegal boys confirm this?? 

Walter Cronc

Never googled. Us SD men know our football ;)

Was at it myself. Wile miss. Mc Kaigues equaliser at the end of normal time was a screamer!

I said 10-12, both sides were full and a few behind the town end goals.

Fuzzman

I see from the Gaelic Life that its 40 years since Tyrone played Donegal in Ballybofey in the championship. I've no memory of them coming to Omagh either.

donegal lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 28, 2013, 10:29:11 AM
I see from the Gaelic Life that its 40 years since Tyrone played Donegal in Ballybofey in the championship. I've no memory of them coming to Omagh either.
I can't remember any championship game between them that was played anywhere but clones. Always seem to avoid each other until the semi final stage

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 28, 2013, 10:29:11 AM

Last played in the championship in Ballybofey in 1973 and in Omagh the year later. The visitors won on each occasion.

Last championship game between Tyrone and Donegal that wasn't in Clones was, I think, the 1994 game when Tyrone won 1-15 to 0-10 in Cavan. The first big championship win from the group who won the under 21 AI's in 91 and 92.

donegal lad

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/sport/local-sport/ticket-allocation-for-tyrone-game-will-fall-short-of-demand-1-4962509
Looking lke it's gonna be some scramble for tickes. Anyone who bought the gaa season ticket are laughing considering they have a ticket reserved for them.

antrimlad

Quote from: donegal lad on April 04, 2013, 01:38:43 PM
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/sport/local-sport/ticket-allocation-for-tyrone-game-will-fall-short-of-demand-1-4962509
Looking lke it's gonna be some scramble for tickes. Anyone who bought the gaa season ticket are laughing considering they have a ticket reserved for them.

Will there be any general sale tickets I wonder? Wouldn't mind getting up to the game myself....

ck

Anyone know if people outside of the counties /Ulster council can get tickets. I'd love to attend this game. Think it should be a cracking match

Fuzzman

Lads I think you'd be lucky to get tickets for this game as they'll be a lot of disappointed Donegal and Tyrone club members who probably won't get tickets.
Had it just been an ordinary round 1 game between these two, tickets numbers would have been tight anyway but with Donegal AI champions and them being at home I'd say the demand in Donegal alone could fill the place.

Are both counties playing league matches now? Usually coming up to a first round match there's always some big story that breaks. Somebody gets sent off or injured.
Did the change the rule where if ye get set off for yer club do you miss county games as well?

donegal lad

Quote from: antrimlad on April 11, 2013, 04:21:56 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on April 04, 2013, 01:38:43 PM

Will there be any general sale tickets I wonder? Wouldn't mind getting up to the game myself....
From what I have heard both counties are going to get 6500 tickets (nowhere near enough to meet demand) then add in the 1800 season ticket holder (700 in donegal and 1100 in Tyrone) that gives you 14800 tickets allocated leaving roughly 2700-3000 left. Know supervalue is advertising the sale of tickets in their ballybofey shop but that hasn't been confirmed by gaa yet

Fuzzman

Donegal Injuries summary
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/sport/local-sport/jim-tweaks-donegal-panel-1-4999579

I noticed Emmet Ryan in his tactical summary mentioned Tyrone have a few injuries from the match on Sunday. Is it just Peter Harte or are there more?

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 16, 2013, 09:53:43 AM
Donegal Injuries summary
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/sport/local-sport/jim-tweaks-donegal-panel-1-4999579

I noticed Emmet Ryan in his tactical summary mentioned Tyrone have a few injuries from the match on Sunday. Is it just Peter Harte or are there more?

Mattie Donnelly apparently injured too.  Tyrone are currently missing Harte, Coney and Ronan O'Neill with Quinn, Carlin and Grugan all recently returning from injury.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sam03/05

anyone know when Ronan McNabb is due back for Tyrone?. Think he could be a crucial player to the Tyrone system if fit for championship.

EC Unique

Really looking forward to this one now. There will be some scramble for tickets.