Ulster Intermediate + Junior Football Club Championships 2012

Started by DownFanatic, September 08, 2012, 05:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

skeog

think brackaville underestimated their opponents lot of talk about celebrations for after the game at the teamtalk awards in bundoran on the friday night from their award winning corner forward

anportmorforjfc

An Port mor Ulster Junior Champions 2012, has a nice ring to it  :P. Great performance from the lads last night. 3rd trophy of the year and an All Ireland semi against Ballinasloe from Galway to look forward to on 26/27 January.

Game started point for point for the first 15 minutes as Brackaville dominated midfield although they were unable to capitalise and only led 3-2. We then ended the half with two similar goals and led 2-03 to 0-06 at the break. Second half was end to end and we led 2-06 to 0-08 when Brackville were reduced to 14. Their number 8 sent off with 2 yellows. Rightly so i believe as Brackville were fouling our centre half forward (who got motm) off the ball the whole game. I think the difference was the full forward lines. Everytime we got the ball we looked dangerous coming forward whereas Brackaville had to rely on a number of frees.

Hopefully Cross can win today to secure the double for Armagh.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

cearrbhach

Was at the Athletic grounds and cookstown made hard work of it. Their defence was solid but midfield and forwards were poor enough. A couple of opportunist goals helped by slack defending was the difference, but they did well to grab the draw at the end after mcgarry missed that free.  Discipline decided extra time and cookstown kept their heads. A few crazy challenges near the end by warrenpoint but overall cookstowns experience stood to them

yellowcard

Warrenpoint will feel that they should have won the game in normal time. Cookstown were workmanlike without being brilliant, it was a lack of discipline that cost Warrenpoint in extra time.

Orior

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on December 02, 2012, 11:39:04 AM
An Port mor Ulster Junior Champions 2012, has a nice ring to it  :P. Great performance from the lads last night. 3rd trophy of the year and an All Ireland semi against Ballinasloe from Galway to look forward to on 26/27 January.

Game started point for point for the first 15 minutes as Brackaville dominated midfield although they were unable to capitalise and only led 3-2. We then ended the half with two similar goals and led 2-03 to 0-06 at the break. Second half was end to end and we led 2-06 to 0-08 when Brackville were reduced to 14. Their number 8 sent off with 2 yellows. Rightly so i believe as Brackville were fouling our centre half forward (who got motm) off the ball the whole game. I think the difference was the full forward lines. Everytime we got the ball we looked dangerous coming forward whereas Brackaville had to rely on a number of frees.

Congrats sir.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Orior on December 02, 2012, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on December 02, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

Congrats sir.

Cheers Orior

ONeill

All-Tyrone final went Blackwatertown's way. Everyone happy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bigpaul

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 11:23:20 PM
All-Tyrone final went Blackwatertown's way. Everyone happy.
Two insults in under sixty characters,only possible in Tyrone!

clarshack

surprised at the brackaville result tbh. thought they would have had too much for an port mor.

cookstown play charlestown in the semis now i think.

for any of the mayo posters - what are charlestown doing in intermediate?

they've a good pedigree in the last 10 years or so at senior level: mayo & connacht sfc winners 2001, mayo sfc finalists 2007, mayo sfc winners 2009.

Onion Bag

Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2012, 12:13:04 PM
surprised at the brackaville result tbh. thought they would have had too much for an port mor.

they've a good pedigree in the last 10 years or so at senior level: mayo & connacht sfc winners 2001, mayo sfc finalists 2007, mayo sfc winners 2009.

Same could be asked for cookstown, they won this competition outright 2-3 years ago, from that I would say they could cope with the senior tier.
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

nrico2006

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 03, 2012, 01:15:05 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2012, 12:13:04 PM

Same could be asked for cookstown, they won this competition outright 2-3 years ago, from that I would say they could cope with the senior tier.

Thery won the Intermediate a few years ago, went up to senior football and were subsequently relegated.  They were never anywhere near a senior championship.  Charlestown, according to the above post, have won the Mayo SFC as recently as 2009. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cearrbhach

I think Cookstown will be too strong for Charlestown.  I think the competitive nature of  Tyrone club football stands to lesser lights such as Cookstown and Greencastle who have won All Irelands at Inter/Junior level in recent years.  The introduction of these competitions been a favourable development for Tyrone clubs considering Crossmaglen's dominance at senior level. Errigal Ciaran continue to remain the most successful club side Tyrone have ever produced in provincial terms, but the good quality spread of club football (with no outstanding team like Cross) has been really beneficial to the county team.