Why do some posters not declare their County on their profile?

Started by From the Bunker, August 06, 2012, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Have been seeing a lot of new Posters on this forum not declare what County they are from. Find it annoying when they use the word we and you are trying to guess what County (Team) they follow. Some have profile pictures or profile names which point you in the right correction.
If you are proud of your county show your colours.

Anyway just a small thing but wrecks my head!

Dirk Diggler

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2012, 03:36:30 PM
Have been seeing a lot of new Posters on this forum not declare what County they are from. Find it annoying when they use the word we and you are trying to guess what County (Team) they follow. Some have profile pictures or profile names which point you in the right correction.
If you are proud of your county show your colours.

Anyway just a small thing but wrecks my head!

Why do you find it annoying? Annoying because you can't just  fire out some tired old standard abuse against the poster's county rather than crtiicise the post. Must be fustrating for you, alright.  Ml. Collins will empathise with your plight, he's been in an awful tizzy because he doesn't know where I am from.

Denn Forever

If you are that fussed, treat it as a game.  What topics have they posted in?  GAA or General? If GAA section, have they posted any county threads?

A game for all the family.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Aristo 60

I find it annoying too.

More and more I'm clicking into profiles to see no County listed and I don't like it wan bit.

thejuice

Which county am I from? I've forgotten and I never wrote it on my profile.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on August 06, 2012, 05:23:40 PM
Which county am I from? I've forgotten and I never wrote it on my profile.

That's easy from your your profile picture it could be only one county!  :P

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

IolarCoisCuain

theticklemister

BennyCake

My profile used to have my county. Now it doesn't. Don't know why.

brokencrossbar1

Why would people not want to hide their county?  Shure anyway its a auld Anglo-Saxon tool for governing us poor peasants and here we are 800 years later still hanging on to the vestiges of the empire. Disband the county system I say and have it like it was with Eamain Macha and Tara and f**k the colonialist way of doing it!

Ard-Rí

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 07, 2012, 10:26:52 AM
Why would people not want to hide their county?  Shure anyway its a auld Anglo-Saxon tool for governing us poor peasants and here we are 800 years later still hanging on to the vestiges of the empire. Disband the county system I say and have it like it was with Eamain Macha and Tara and f**k the colonialist way of doing it!

It's ironic, the Rugby boys use the native Irish Pentarchy (almost) divisions in an English game, and the Gaels use a Norman innovation in their Gaelic games.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

armaghniac

QuoteIt's ironic, the Rugby boys use the native Irish Pentarchy (almost) divisions in an English game, and the Gaels use a Norman innovation in their Gaelic games.

As someone wisely posted before, dioceses are the way to go.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Baronies would make for a championship of 300+ teams.

Upper Duleek till I die.