Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Congrats to Mayo. Delighted for their supporters.  Great barnstorming performance for the first 50/55 minutes, that was everything good about gaelic football.  Had to hold on grimly for the win, but they should use that to their advantage now in the lead up to the final.  Hard luck to Dublin.  Great effort to claw back the deficit. They were true champions the way they threw everything at Mayo. 

Should be a great final and atmosphere around Dublin that weekend. Two fresh teams with no baggage of each other and who each have a realistic chance of glory if they play to their potential and go for it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Quote from: Armamike on September 02, 2012, 08:49:28 PM
Congrats to Mayo. Delighted for their supporters.  Great barnstorming performance for the first 50/55 minutes, that was everything good about gaelic football.  Had to hold on grimly for the win, but they should use that to their advantage now in the lead up to the final.  Hard luck to Dublin.  Great effort to claw back the deficit. They were true champions the way they threw everything at Mayo. 

Should be a great final and atmosphere around Dublin that weekend. Two fresh teams with no baggage of each other and who each have a realistic chance of glory if they play to their potential and go for it.
gilroy was fairly narked when he was interviewed on Radio 1 afterwards. Whoever interviewed him implied Dublin were lazy and it didn't go down well... 

mylestheslasher

Best team by far won. I think Mayo will beat donegal and it will be a great victory for football lovers if they do. Rugby league lovers might not be do happy.

maigheo

Listening to Marty interviewing James Horan after the game and he expresses surprise that Mayo were able to score 19 points as he alluded to that tired old clichey of Mayo forwards kicking wides.I would say Horan was ready to give him a slap :)

mylestheslasher

What's the story with that dick mcstay going on about the ref all the time. I thought ref did ok today.

Mayo4Sam

I'll comment in detail tomorrow but before the Sunday game I'll say it MD MacCauley doesn't get MOTM it's an absolute disgrace, best player on the pitch by far
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mylestheslasher

Why is commentator referring to Doherty as "the goalscorer".

thewobbler

I've a funny feeling that this year is Donegal's year. Their 'project' is a bit ahead of Mayo's. But these boys from the west will definitely win an AI in the next two years. Some absolutely fantastic players in their team, spread from corner back to corner forward.

From the Bunker

I see Martin 'Mayo must have pissed in his tea' McHugh is on the Sunday Game!

johnpower

Having watched the match again putting an injured  Alan BRogan on did not work yet they put up one he'll of a fight as ALl Ireland CHamio s and will be back.

From the Bunker

Quote from: johnpower on September 02, 2012, 10:01:58 PM
Having watched the match again putting an injured  Alan BRogan on did not work yet they put up one he'll of a fight as ALl Ireland CHamio s and will be back.

+1

Very hard to do it two years in a row in the modern game!

seafoid

It's great for Mayo but the only reservation I would have is the songs that will be coming out over the next few weeks, many on MWR.

Seamy Beag Muldoon

of course there are no non-dubs shedding tears thats because the mucksavage,in-bred, clergy worshipping 31 county alliance is in full force.   f**k off out of dublin you c***ts, you're not welcome.  never forget that.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Seamy Beag Muldoon on September 02, 2012, 10:25:41 PM
of course there are no non-dubs shedding tears thats because the mucksavage,in-bred, clergy worshipping 31 county alliance is in full force.   f**k off out of dublin you c***ts, you're not welcome.  never forget that.

Great contribution to the board and thread seamy

Hard luck today
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hill16 Blues

The whole thing is obviously very raw having just got home after that shambles and clise on major embarassement to dublin football!M! An awful lot of stuff not right about today!!! One thing I will say though is unless Bernard Brogan is going to commit properly to Dublin football he should go off to his bar buying, modelling, blogging, media focused career. You do one or the other. Our top top player that we couldn't live without two years ago is now a bleeding useless distraction and liability. So with all due respect Bernard choose one or the other because with the other stuff going on you're making a complete ballix of the football side!!!

And one other opinion!! Pat thanks for last year! Sincerely! But without Mickey Whelan you don't really have a clue what you're at!!