Tipperary vs. Kilkenny All-Ireland Semi-Final, Croke Park, 19th August

Started by Premier Emperor, August 03, 2012, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Listening from the other side of the world  - sounds like a phenomenal game. Years from now people will talk about this rivalry like they still do about the Kerry /  Dublin one of the seventies. They'll be selling DVD's and books about it. I'll buy them all if I'm still around. Sounded like Kilkenny were the better side but gave away a soft goal and let Tipp right back in. It's a huge test for them now - a point down and Michael Rice down. It's great when referees let a game flow but I'd say there will be some criticism that McAllister hasn't done enough to protect the players, especially after Michael Rice's injury.

Milltown Row2

Was always going to start like this. Lads laying down markers and to be fair to the referee he let it go for a bit then booked one player and its basically stopped. Hurling resumes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

andoireabu

If Lar spends his time trying to get Walsh sent off he will be left out of this game.  Should spend his time winning ball and Tommy will have to go to him instead. 
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Blowitupref

Looking good for the Kats now however Cummins should have done better on that goal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Last Man

Cats gettin feic all out of the ref!!!! P Maher---dirt machine!!

Blowitupref

The Kats really turning on the style in this 2nd half 14 point lead  :o
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

eoinbeag

Blowitupref

Asal Mor

Jaysus! Is there any point showing up in 3 weeks? Kilkenny back to their awesome best. I felt before today that this was going to be our year. I still think we've a chance but I'm not too confident now.

About Padraig Maher I would say he's a brilliant , usually clean hurler who should have been sent off today. Tipp got a lot wrong today. Some bizarre behaviour from Lar and strange positioning of Bonner Maher at full-forward. Definitely the end of Declan Ryan's tenure.

Rossfan

Some second half by Kilkenny !!
Time the stick boys abolished the post of referee and let the sideline official count the scores.
That Ref was as well off not being there at all. Appalling fouling and belts let go and a yellow card for hitting a lad woth a hurl  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cyril Farrell fan

Time to scrap the referee in hurling. He only gets in the way!

Kilkenny will be expected to walk the final now.
At least the heat is off Galway!

GalwayBayBoy

Cyril Farrell fan

Quote from: andoireabu on August 19, 2012, 04:28:21 PM
If Lar spends his time trying to get Walsh sent off he will be left out of this game.  Should spend his time winning ball and Tommy will have to go to him instead.
Lar did a good job marking Tommy though! Kept him quiet for most of the game.

seafoid