Muineachán v An Dún - 24/06/12, Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, June 09, 2012, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Leave the ref alone  ;D   
though I don't know he missed that foul on Clerkin late in the game, he was looking straight at it.

Whatever happened to the GAA draw?

Orchardman

Down had 2 points on the board with 34 mins gone, so they are also as rubbish as that says. Fair play for 2nd half comeback, slightly the better team, but i would be looking more at the monaghan performance than anything else. Any team that shits itself with a 9 point league deserves nothing, i would be sick if i was a monaghan man today. The stupid clumsy tackling by monaghan that gave handy frees to down was terrible, thowing their arms around necks. Donegal to upset tyrone and then give down a trimming in the final

Maguire01

fitzroyalty

What happened for the Down penalty shout? Looked to me that the Down forward was dragged to the ground? 

Think Monaghan got a bit complacent, cruising and everything going their way referee-wise. Hats off to Down, huge contrast between their performance in the first half and that in the second.

Conor Laverty caused absolute havoc and Monaghan had no answer.

theticklemister

2 useless refs

A) M. Duffy (sligeach)
B) M. Duffy (sligeach)

One marty the other micheal; take yer pick in which wan is worse!

downtothecore

Thank God we won't be favourites for the Final .. hopefully then we will perform 70 minutes

Sheedy

brilliant 2nd half comeback. thought we were dead and buried at half time. still cant believe we won that. ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

borderfox

Good game to watch for the neutral. Duffy was terrible as per usual, fair play to Down to come back against 16 men :P. Monaghan can take heart from their first half performance if they can play like that for 70 theyll give anyone a game.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

5 Sams

Great photo from Oz...hurry up and come back lads...look what yiz are missing!!

The Aristocrat Years

rrhf

Great Photo. COngrats down but Monaghan could regroup with confidence a decent outfit

grounded

What in God's earth was up with the coverage/editing of the game today. Scores missed while the camera focused on the crowd and/or replayed previous incidents.

Hilarious when Sean Cavanagh was asked did the Down attacker go down to easily for the penalty shout.

barelegs

Duffy's getting plenty of criticism for the way he handled the match and rightly so. One incident did go in Down's favour today. Just after the second penalty appeal, it looked like the Down 7 trod on the Monaghan 7's neck/back/ head area. Looked like a nasty incident that the ref missed. Down could easily have been playing catch up with 14 men!

everymanaman

If Down had lost that game today the referee would have come in for some stick. He had a shocker. Hopefully the fact that Down won the game won't mean that he escapes the cririticism that he deserves. He should be made watch this match to see where he went wrong.

emmetryan

Hi guys,

I've put together a tactical analysis piece on this for anyone interested
http://action81.com/blog/?p=5905
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

dillinger