Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 03, 2012, 12:09:09 AM
Quote from: trileacman on December 03, 2012, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 02, 2012, 11:54:14 PM
From the Irish Times site.

GAA: The Ulster Council of the GAA has confirmed it will investigate claims that Crossmaglen's Aaron Cunningham was the subject of racist abuse during today's Ulster club football final against Kilcoo. Crossmaglen won the game at the Athletic Grounds with Cunningham alleging afterwards that two Kilcoo players had verbally abused him on separate occasions during the game.

Cunningham, whose father Joey was one of the first black inter-county players, claims he was called a "nigger" and a "Paki" during the match. Reacting to the reports, the Ulster Council said "the GAA is an anti-racist organisation by rule and will not tolerate in the strongest and most emphatic terms racist abuse of any type."

Cunningham spoke to reporters after the match, saying he was disgusted when the abuse started with Crossmaglen well on top after 15 or 20 minutes. "You go out to play football in a good sporting manner, hard-hitting and that, but when race comes into it, I think it's disgusting to be honest," he explained. "I don't want to let it overshadow what has been a good game and a 10th title for us, three-in-a-row and number five for myself. But I feel it has to be said, because what was said has no place on a football pitch."

Cunningham added: "There is no place for it whatsoever. You have the likes of my father, he played football as well. I think he was the first black player to play in Croke Park. Jason Sherlock came through it. I'm sure you could talk to a handful of boys and they've all had some sort of racist abuse. And as I say, it happened out there today and it's absolutely disgusting."

Earlier this year, two footballers from the Duffry Rovers club in Wexford were suspended for two months each after being found guilty of racially abusing Wexford underage dual player Lee Chin.

Shows you the mentality of these 2 morons from Kilcoo. 2 year ban if guilty. Minimum!!

What's his ould lads first name?

I assume Joey!

Ah that's a partitionist, free state, anti Tyrone paper, its only full of lies.  ;)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

catchandkick

The Munster Council could pull up Castlehaven for their behaviour in today's Munster club final, which was pretty disgraceful.

Horrendous team Castlehaven, the lack of many real challenges in Munster could hurt Crokes down the line.

Jinxy

Starting early this year lads.
The old 'Free State Media' (FSM) stuff doesn't usually get going until the semi-final stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dundrumite

Quote from: catchandkick on December 03, 2012, 12:19:49 AM
The Munster Council could pull up Castlehaven for their behaviour in today's Munster club final, which was pretty disgraceful.

Horrendous team Castlehaven, the lack of many real challenges in Munster could hurt Crokes down the line.

What went on ?

catchandkick

Earlier this year, two footballers from the Duffry Rovers club in Wexford were suspended for two months each after being found guilty of racially abusing Wexford underage dual player Lee Chin.

Why only two months? Surely about six months would be more appropriate.

Does the GAA have anything in the rule book about racism? If they don't they should.

catchandkick

Quote from: dundrumite on December 03, 2012, 12:22:28 AM
Quote from: catchandkick on December 03, 2012, 12:19:49 AM

What went on ?

If the referee was doing his job about 4 or 5 Castlehaven players should have been sent off. Late tackles every thirty seconds, off the ball belting, kneeing or kicking guys on the ground.

They were pathetic in every respect.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: catchandkick on December 03, 2012, 12:23:54 AM

Why only two months? Surely about six months would be more appropriate.

Does the GAA have anything in the rule book about racism? If they don't they should.

6 months?? 2 years at least!!

Oglach

Jez get over yourselves, a lot of shite talk goes on during any match not to mention an Ulster club final, im not condoning any racist remarks by anybody from Kilcoo but it goes on with both sides.
Crossmaglen players were racially abusing one of our defenders after we scored our goal but we didn't feel the need to run to the BBC to complain, its a big boys game.
We got off to the worst start you could imagine today but clawed our way back into it. When we scored our goal Cross got used all their exprerience to distrupt our game by lying down or starting wrestling moves all over the field and i felt today  Kilcoo held their own in this department.
I also felt the ref had a bad day at the office and gifted Cross the penalty at the start as well as some dubious free kicks.
When all is said and done over the 60 minutes Cross deserved the win and fair play to them. They're a fantastic team when they play football and it'd be hard to see anyone stop them.

catchandkick

Quote from: Oglach on December 03, 2012, 12:34:35 AM
Jez get over yourselves, a lot of shite talk goes on during any match not to mention an Ulster club final, im not condoning any racist remarks by anybody from Kilcoo but it goes on with both sides.
Crossmaglen players were racially abusing one of our defenders after we scored our goal but we didn't feel the need to run to the BBC to complain, its a big boys game.

There's some of the most foul shite imaginable talked in the English Premiership in the soccer, but they still come down heavily on racism.

ONeill

We got off to the worst start you could imagine today but clawed our way back into it. When we scored our goal Cross got used all their exprerience to distrupt our game by lying down or starting wrestling moves all over the field and i felt today  Kilcoo held their own in this department.
I also felt the ref had a bad day at the office and gifted Cross the penalty at the start as well as some dubious free kicks.
When all is said and done over the 60 minutes Cross deserved the win and fair play to them. They're a fantastic team when they play football and it'd be hard to see anyone stop them.

Big statement there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ONeill on December 03, 2012, 12:39:56 AM

Big statement there.

Controversial to say the least. Which player??

Throw ball

No harm to you fella but that post does neither yourself or your club any credit.

catchandkick

You are thus implying that every club in Ireland contains a smattering of racists.

Possibly true, but surely if we want to spread the game among other ethnic groups in Ireland, then it needs to be blotted out asap.

downjim

Kilcoo have been like this for years. They are an embarrassment for down football and they should be banned as a club from football

stew

You sir are a bollix and seem to be the poster child for what ails Kilcoo, Down is a great footballing county and Burren are still one of the best clubs sides ever.

Burren, like Cross were hard as nails, they asked no quarter and gave none, Kilcoo are a bunch of animals based on what we have seen in the Ulster so far and today was a disgrace to both club and county.

Now name and shame the Cross player who racially abused one of your players you lying git!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.