a
b

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

southdown

Tell him you are a solicitor who deals with PPI claims, usually works

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 30, 2012, 12:35:54 PM
I have increasingly been receiving annoying sales calls from random numbers in the UK telling me about PPI claims etc. - have missed 2 this morning from 0161 4783073 so no doubt will be getting another at some stage this afternoon - is the solution to tell them to f*** off, or can anyone think of a tactic to cause maximum annoyance to the caller as I'm sure he gets told to f*** off 10 times a day.

Report to BT and they will put your number on a list of preferred numbers.

Thefisherking

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Use this service, its free and it works. I rarely get sales calls and when I do the mere mention of being a TPS number has them running scared. ;D

Smokin Joe

I have increasingly been receiving annoying sales calls from random numbers in the UK telling me about PPI claims etc. - have missed 2 this morning from 0161 4783073 so no doubt will be getting another at some stage this afternoon - is the solution to tell them to f*** off, or can anyone think of a tactic to cause maximum annoyance to the caller as I'm sure he gets told to f*** off 10 times a day.

Tell him that you need to get so and so.  Leave the line open and so how long it takes for him to hang up.

I guess he'll hang on for more than a minute.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 30, 2012, 01:36:51 PM
Good idea Joe - I could set up a sweepstake here in the office to see how long he waits for!

Also its useful if you keep a whistled by the phone.  I am on that TPS scheme that fisherking mentions but they don't cover international calls so any Bombay bastard gets a shrill blast of my old whistle down his lug ;D

Puckoon

Tell him you are really interested but it's your day off. Ask him when his next day off is and ask him for his personal number and offer to call him then and you can talk about it til the cows come home.

Orior

Mac Eoghan,

I have a device that you can attach to your phone which will bar these nuisance calls.

Call me back on 0161 24724724 and I will give you full details.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaffer

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 30, 2012, 01:13:54 PM

Tell him that you need to get so and so.  Leave the line open and so how long it takes for him to hang up.

I guess he'll hang on for more than a minute.

That's what I do.

Tell them to hold on until I get ' Mr Gaffer' then lie there with the speaker on and wait for the " Hello, Hello" after about a minute. Another minute usually does them before they give up. My record is 2 minutes 14 secs. 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Whatever you do - don't do the whistle etc as described above. I worked in a call centre last century and if anyone annoyed me I'd put them down for a daily call at the same time with a note saying to annoy this hoor (put them down as 'ring back tomorrow). Be nice, say you're not interested and they'll stick you down as a no.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.