Armagh vs Donegal - Sunday 8th April 2012

Started by Armaghgeddon, March 25, 2012, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

In what paper did PG say he was a stop gap?

StGallsGAA

In fairness Armagh are nowhere near being among the best 8 teams in the country so div 2 is about right for them.

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 10, 2012, 11:39:56 AM
In fairness Armagh are nowhere near being among the best 8 teams in the country so div 2 is about right for them.

How do you figure that out, they were in division 1 last year and were unlucky to go down, missing a third of their starting players in the process.

I would say we are in the top eight.....just. We have found some excellent players in the league and Jamie Clarke is going to be the best player in football in a year or two, we will be fine and we will contend for an AI title in the next couple of years.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 10, 2012, 11:39:56 AM
The best 8 in the country are in Div 1? plenty of the Div 2 teams are just as good.

bennydorano

I dont understand the guys who are sayin there is no gameplan, it's there, with the continuing changes in personnel due to injuries etc.. it was everychanging which in itself is leads to inconsistency and the appearance of haphazardness.  IMO the fingerprints of Brendan Hughes are clearly visible, the Ogs running game is there plain as day, as this is a big step up from Armagh club football there's obviously been some amendments to it, but it's there.  I dont know what went on at the weekend, AK in MF was a strange one, the Cross boys obviously haven't had time to adapt to the new set up with Grimley and Hughes there.  I actaully have a lot more confidence in the set up this year, than the previous 2 years.  We mightn't be good enough for Tyrone but with a bit of luck we could have a long enough Summer - that however will probably not be enough for some of Armagh's supporters, who dont like dealing in realities.

Agent Orange

Armagh are always going to struggle in the league without the Cross players.

Applesisapples

Quote from: donegal_abu on April 09, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
So typical that all Armagh people are on here slating Donegals style now!!! Take your beating lads caus Donegal deserved the win after showing that determination. The funniest thing is we were without our best player Michael Murphy (who most say is the DOnegal team on his own) and our all star full back Neil McGee and others aswell like McGrath and Toye while McBrearty wasnt on form after his trial.

And no offence or anything... but oww boy revenge for the last few years sure is sweeeet ;)
Donegal have taken puke football to new depths, and it is depressing that Armagh don't seem to know what their game plan is. If you go man to man then you wont leave 4/5 men marking 3 up front and kick passing is a better option. Armagh seem to respond to the oppositions game plan instead of sticking to and imposing their own. You don't play like we did against Kerry and Down and not have some quality. Tyrone will probably beat us because they are better organised. It's time to look at John Raff or AOR/MOR or all 3. Grimley has had his day as well.

bennydorano

Tune in next week to see who is the new flavour of the month to replace the current management, in fact a week is too generous, give it a day or two.

One of my favourite bits of text, the 'Alcoholics' prayer - (Serenity prayer).

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

POR is going nowhere for the immediate future, shut the f**k up about it and move on.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2012, 03:57:33 PM
Tune in next week to see who is the new flavour of the month to replace the current management, in fact a week is too generous, give it a day or two.

One of my favourite bits of text, the 'Alcoholics' prayer - (Serenity prayer).

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

POR is going nowhere for the immediate future, shut the f**k up about it and move on.
Why shut the f**k up? Am I not entitled to an opinion? John Rafferty has been a flavour of mine for the last few years, check back through my posts should you care. POR was a disaster with Down and and best has been inconsistent with Armagh. We need to bring in someone with new ideas. The fact that POR suits the CB doesn't take away from the fact that he's had a chance and blew it.

bennydorano

You really think there's going to be a change 8 weeks before championship?

Applesisapples

Absolutely not, I didn't say there should be, just role on the end of the season and thank POR and let him go.

Orchardman

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 11, 2012, 03:46:39 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on April 09, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
So typical that all Armagh people are on here slating Donegals style now!!! Take your beating lads caus Donegal deserved the win after showing that determination. The funniest thing is we were without our best player Michael Murphy (who most say is the DOnegal team on his own) and our all star full back Neil McGee and others aswell like McGrath and Toye while McBrearty wasnt on form after his trial.

And no offence or anything... but oww boy revenge for the last few years sure is sweeeet ;)
Donegal have taken puke football to new depths, and it is depressing that Armagh don't seem to know what their game plan is. If you go man to man then you wont leave 4/5 men marking 3 up front and kick passing is a better option. Armagh seem to respond to the oppositions game plan instead of sticking to and imposing their own. You don't play like we did against Kerry and Down and not have some quality. Tyrone will probably beat us because they are better organised. It's time to look at John Raff or AOR/MOR or all 3. Grimley has had his day as well.

Are u mad, john raff, AOR, or MOR?
Raff is a good guy, but would hardly do much better than paddy has already. AOR- seems to get tagged as a master coach in some areas due to time spent in sigerson, maybe he was highly rated when coaching in kildare, i don't know, but i wudn't have him anywhere near the armagh job. Listen, i'm not a paddy fan but he'l be gone at the end of the year so let him have his final blast. We have two good respected armagh coaches in there already in grimley and hughes, so surely they take credit and blame also?
One thing is for sure, wer nowhere near good enough to get to a semi final this year, unless we get we get real lucky.

And who is MOR? i know 2 of them but i hope ur not thinking of them as a manager.
Tony McEntee can have the job once he has 3 a row done with cross, he doesn't need to rush into it, but he would be the stand out candidate in my book.

armaghranger12

MOr was part of the St.Pauls managment team that won an all ireland. Great choice for manager. ;) ;) ;)

DuffleKing

Kidergarden time around here. POR is there for the forseeable. Happen to think that Hughes is the best addition to the set up this year as he brings tactical nous - the area where por is majorly weak.

Orchardman

Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 11, 2012, 06:32:30 PM
MOr was part of the St.Pauls managment team that won an all ireland. Great choice for manager. ;) ;) ;)

That is the MOR i was thinking of, how anyone could suggest him as a manager is beyond me, i assume this is a joke. He was one of the players that armagh fans constantly criticised for years for offering nothing to the team