All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armaghgeddon

Earth, water, wind, fire and then there was crossmaglen

ardchieftain

When the Garycastle manager said that Cross aren't all they're cracked up to be[or words to that effect] i knew he'd have to eat his words.
Crossmaglen were top class today, their style of football is a joy to watch. I suppose i'll have to forgive them now for making me wait a few weeks to collect my winnings !

orangeman

Well done Cross.

Hats off to them.

There'll never be another team like them.

mountainboii

Fifteen points! Jaysus, club football in Ireland must be very poor.

haranguerer

Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2012, 06:49:53 PM
Fifteen points! Jaysus, club football in Ireland must be very poor.

You've been waiting a while to use that one  ;)

Stevie Nicks

after all the rubbish about the standard of club football in the rest of Armagh, do we now assume that the standard of club football in the rest of the country is crap or do we now accept Cross are an exception team? The ogs, dominate and St Pats would have co titles if they weren't from Armagh. Outside of the nab that was crossmaglen's biggest win of the year by far

yellowcard

First half display by Cross was unreal football. Best display of kick passing I've seen from a team in a long time and proved that moving the ball long, accurately and at speed can be successful. None of this slow lateral sideways handpassing movements that is al too often seen at county level.

After half time it was just a case of how much. Jamie Clarke will be the best forward in Ireland within 2-3 years.

Oraisteach

A joyous day.  Cross run rampant and Stew makes a reappearance.  All I need is Ohio State tonight.  Wish I could have seen today's match but the Midlands commentary was exciting.

Scarface

Haha ard chieftan I totally agree. Heard the garrycastle manager make that statement and thought oh dear that's a mistake...lol....you will regret that statement.....cross upped it big time today...garrycastle were very poor with some poor players on their team making lots of errors which you cannot do against cross. Lots of diving and simulation from both teams ......not good to see...people pretending to be really hurt when there was nothing wrong with them...just to get the other team in trouble.

Agent Orange

Well done Cross. You would expect them to add a lot more to their all Ireland tally over the coming years.

haranguerer

Quote from: yellowcard on March 31, 2012, 07:00:26 PM
First half display by Cross was unreal football. Best display of kick passing I've seen from a team in a long time and proved that moving the ball long, accurately and at speed can be successful. None of this slow lateral sideways handpassing movements that is al too often seen at county level.

Of course its successful, noone ever doubted that,its just the skill levels required to do it are doubted.

Interesting to note they dont pay any heed to the adage 'take your points...', they go for goal if theres a hint of it at all, right the way through the club championship

Jinxy

Cross struggle against Dublin teams but outside of that there isn't much else in the country to trouble them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orior

I was very disappointed by Garycastle today. Their tactics seem to have been to forget the footbal and hit Cross as hard as possible.

Well done Stephen Kernan and your team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians