All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Garrycastle are way too wound up.
Wouldn't be surprised if one of them did something stupid.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bennydorano

Their main tactic seems to be trying to get a cross man sent off

imtommygunn

Those kind of tactics only come back to bite you against Cross who were mind you a wee bit like it the last day.

If Clarke gets the ball a score will happen. How much or if Cross win probably depends on how much ball they get to him...

stew

Quote from: shark on March 31, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: stew on March 31, 2012, 01:32:42 PM
To BC and Crossmaglen Rangers, all the best, now get out there and consolidate your position as the single greatest club team of all time.

Would this not be considered a 'new' Crossmaglen team? The majority would have 1, maybe 2 All-Ireland medals?  Could hardy be considered a better team than their predecessors (yet!).

Think Cross will put great emphasis on making a good start.  If they can do that, then I can't see them being beaten.

I meant overall, as in the greatest club ever, regardless of vintage.

Hanratty is flying and playing well so far!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mountainboii

DuffleKing

As good as cross are - excellent - I can't support any team that does the amount of trash talking they are at. Its a good job johnny hanratty isn't miked up - every time a gc player makes a mistake he's over in his face slabbering. Rotten stuff altogether

Captain Obvious

It was over for Garrycastle when the last game finished.

bennydorano

If Cross are true to form, there'll be no let up, could be a hiding on the cards.

Abble

a great example of how to do your talkin on the pitch

imtommygunn

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 31, 2012, 05:24:30 PM

As good as cross are - excellent - I can't support any team that does the amount of trash talking they are at. Its a good job johnny hanratty isn't miked up - every time a gc player makes a mistake he's over in his face slabbering. Rotten stuff altogether

True - would always favour the ulster team but very hard to like them the way they get on. Awesome team and no need for it.

Far too strong physically with no. 14 for garrycastle seemingly the only boy who can stand up to it. Boys getting flattened with, fair, shoulder charges everywhere.

AK and Jamie Clarke a class apart.

shark

Quote from: stew on March 31, 2012, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: shark on March 31, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: stew on March 31, 2012, 01:32:42 PM
To BC and Crossmaglen Rangers, all the best, now get out there and consolidate your position as the single greatest club team of all time.

Would this not be considered a 'new' Crossmaglen team? The majority would have 1, maybe 2 All-Ireland medals?  Could hardy be considered a better team than their predecessors (yet!).

Think Cross will put great emphasis on making a good start.  If they can do that, then I can't see them being beaten.

I meant overall, as in the greatest club ever, regardless of vintage.

Hanratty is flying and playing well so far!

Ah sorry, I misread you.

They will still be 1 title behind Nemo Rangers after today though, and that's the only tangible way you can measure such a thing.  I'd expect them to surpass that in the coming years though.

Once Cross got the good start, that was it.  Dolan will drop deeper and deeper and diminish his scoring threat.

Maguire01

All one-way traffic - as good as over at half-time.

Applesisapples

Garrycastle getting away with a lot of stuff. No wonder Cross are giving it loads.
Duffy certainly hasnt improved. Some poor decisions.

blast05

Ahh, should have gone to Castlebar ... and free in ! Jinxy is spot on..... Garrycastle way too wound up and are physically flat as a consequence. Too much nervous energy spent in the hours leading up to the match it looks like.
You've got to admire Cross but nothing disgusts me more than thrash talking.
Prediction ... I was going to say just 5 but having seen the Gcastle body language since they came out I'd say 15.