Armagh Vs Down

Started by Uladh, March 20, 2007, 11:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Not exactly a load of sweeping changes in the two lines that cost us against Derry - half back and half forwards.  Still no McGeeney at CHB. Ciaran McKeever would need to start proving himself in this position at this level.  Can't imagine Loughran having much impact at CHF.  Can we carry both him and Paddy McKeever in that line?  But good to see Micheal O'Rourke at corner forward.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Brick Tamlin

should be interesting to see how that thug at number 6 gets on this time round, if i can remember correctly last time he came up against mournemen he didnt last too long on the field.Wasnt it him who told Coulter to get ready for a skinning or somethin to that effect. Got to laugh at that one.

High Catch

armaghniac, i know where the match is on.  I was replying to the continuity tug's post regarding bloody sunday.

armaghniac

Quotearmaghniac, i know where the match is on.  I was replying to the continuity tug's post regarding bloody sunday.

Don't encourage him. This is a thread about the Armagh Down game, anything else should be on another thread.

QuoteBut good to see Micheal O'Rourke at corner forward.

Hopefully he can pop a few points, we need them!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

downredblack

"Wasnt it him who told Coulter to get ready for a skinning or somethin to that effect. Got to laugh at that one."

Yeah a minute later he was on his arse and the ball was in the net . :D . Down Fans seem to be keeping their powder dry regarding this one . We live in hope.

Brick Tamlin

at the end of the day, if Armagh cant beat this sham of a Down set up then they are worse than i thought, if we get close to the Ulster greats or manage to somehow pull off a major shock and sneak a win then its a bonus, sure all the pressure is on Armagh after all    :P :P :P

Lecale2

armaghniac

A large crowd watches the elimination of the aristocrats

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Donagh on March 23, 2007, 01:38:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2007, 07:25:50 PM
BBC. Diarmaid Marsden will make his first start for Armagh since the summer of 2004 when he lines out in Sunday's NFL relegation battle against Down.

Armagh: C McKinney; A Mallon, E McNulty, F Moriarty; JP Donnelly, C McKeever, P McCreesh; P McGrane, G Swift; P McKeever, P Loughran, Martin O'Rourke; S McDonnell, D Marsden, Michael O'Rourke.

Definitely a better looking team that was out against Derry.

Wah hay Donagh...didn't think you were like that!!!  :P

Who's the best looking? ;)

High Catch

I don't need a lesson about Mick Hogan. I just don't believe you should bring every discussion on this board down to politicc, and there you go again, we are chatting about Armagh v Down and you start ranting about Bloody Sunday and Croke Park.  You should really bring your ranting elsewhere, somewhere more appropriate.

My mistake for carrying this on further. Apologies.

bridgegael

looking forward to this one.  down should be fielding their strongest side this year.  if our  half backs and midfielders get good early ball into our full forward line, i could see us causing trouble for the armagh full back line.  hopefully down don't employ this 13 men behind the ball shite. hopefully its a good game.  advise people to leave for the match in good time, last time both teams played in cross the traffic was crazy. oh and don't forget to put your clocks forward.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Armagh4SamAgain

Im really looking forwatd to this 1. Armagh have bad enough but will rise for the red shirts of An Dun. Armagh to win by 1 goal and 2 points.
I loved that foto on the last page abut them cutting Downs heads off with the guiloteen!!
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Cloc Mor

Any word of a team yet?  How can most counties announce a team quite early in the week yet we wait, like we did with Paddy for 4 years, to see who is going to play.  What, exactly, are they waiting on? 

Uladh

Down: M McVeigh, D McCartan, M Cole, J Clarke, R Murtagh, D Rooney, K McGuigan, B Coulter, J Lynch, A Carr, A Burns, R Sexton, D Hughes, D Gordon, J McGovern.