Republicans finally admit murdering 9 year old Gordon Gallagher

Started by Trout, February 24, 2012, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tonto

Strange how I'm the bad guy on this thread.  Never mind that a child killer/ killers told the father of their victim lies.  Never mind that freedom fighters placed a bomb with a detonator in someone's back garden.  Never mind that they were so cowardly that they blamed others for their evil deeds.  Never mind that a man who has suffered for 40 years has finally been told the truth.

I suppose it suits some people to turn attention onto me rather than the story.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tonto on February 25, 2012, 04:40:27 PM
Strange how I'm the bad guy on this thread.  Never mind that a child killer/ killers told the father of their victim lies.  Never mind that freedom fighters placed a bomb with a detonator in someone's back garden.  Never mind that they were so cowardly that they blamed others for their evil deeds.  Never mind that a man who has suffered for 40 years has finally been told the truth.

As a republican sympathiser I'm saying sorry. Will that do ya?? ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tonto

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 25, 2012, 04:45:35 PM
Quote from: Tonto on February 25, 2012, 04:40:27 PM

As a republican sympathiser I'm saying sorry. Will that do ya?? ::)
I'm not in a position to accept your apology.  Mr Gallagher did that for you yesterday.

ziggysego

I'm glad that the IRA have finally admitted that they murdered the young child. It was a horrendous crime and one which brought untold heartache to his family for too many years.
Testing Accessibility

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Tonto on February 25, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 25, 2012, 02:30:32 PM
I'm referring to the types of response he is clearly looking for
Which is what?  You seem to know more about what I want than I do!

I wasn't looking for any particular response. Still playing the man.
Oh sorry, your opening post kind of threw me slightly, y'know where ye said

Quote...the silence here is deafening.  But I'm not surprised.

"These things happen in war", eh?

Tubberman

Quote from: ziggysego on February 25, 2012, 05:04:44 PM
I'm glad that the IRA have finally admitted that they murdered the young child. It was a horrendous crime and one which brought untold heartache to his family for too many years.

One decent response - there's all that needed to be said.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

I don't think you'd find too many who wouldn't condemn what happened and the way it was subsequently dealt with. What else is there to say.
I didn't see this thread until this morning and didn't have any plans to contribute to it when I saw how the discussion had followed. It has really shown certain people up.

Quote from: Tonto on February 25, 2012, 01:55:45 PM
....some people who use this board's raison d'etre seems to be to come on here at every waking hour.
Ironic, coming from someone who made it abundantly clear at the start of this thread that his very reason for posting to it was in the hope of stirring some shite and has (so far) posted to it at:
8:48am
10:27am
10:43am
10:57am
11:01am
11:07am
11:26am
1:50pm
1:55pm
2:53pm
4:40pm
4:47pm
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 25, 2012, 06:02:59 PM
I don't think you'd find too many who wouldn't condemn what happened and the way it was subsequently dealt with. What else is there to say.
I didn't see this thread until this morning and didn't have any plans to contribute to it when I saw how the discussion had followed. It has really shown certain people up.

....some people who use this board's raison d'etre seems to be to come on here at every waking hour.
Ironic, coming from someone who made it abundantly clear at the start of this thread that his very reason for posting to it was in the hope of stirring some shite and has (so far) posted to it at:
Another case closed by Nally Stand QC  :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 25, 2012, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 25, 2012, 06:02:59 PM

Another case closed by Nally Stand QC  :D

or Nally Stand AP (Anal Personality)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Aoise

I have to say that this thread has made me somewhat nauseous.  When I saw the title I was for coming on here to give a reasoned response to that news yesterday but when I have read what a 9 year old childs murder has been used for it makes me sick.

Firstly, I am a republican.  The reasons for that are many and I am certainly not going to get into justifying why that is with people who are diametrically opposed to my viewpoint, suffice to say, I respect your opinions, but I'm damned if I will let you degrade mine and using an innocent childs murder to do so.

Do you want to get into every single death in the troubles to analyse what happened whilst totally decontextualising it?  Or do you just want to focus on the ones where you think you are morally superior?  Because by choosing only certain deaths you are doing a great disservice to all the other innocent people who lost their lives in what was, contrary to your protestations, a war.

I heard that man speak yesterday and my heart broke for him.  Do you think just because I am a republican that I am an ignorant monster devoid of emotion?  I felt for him as though it were my own child. Can I justify that child's killing? - absolutely not!  Am I sorry that things like this happened? - undoubtedly.  I can look back now from the safety of a different situation and say that there were many wrong things done.  I have no reservations about saying that.  The disappeared, car bombs i.e bloody Friday, Enniskillen.  Absolutely should never have happened.  Children killed, should never have happened.  But in saying this, do I think that a physical response to the British and Unionist domination of my people was necessary?  Absolutely.

There are so many people who wish to make this a black and white issue, when it is no such thing.  I think that everyone who has lived in this society has some amount of the shackles still hanging over it .  There are some who were involved, feel sorry and want to do something about it for the better.  There are some who are so dogmatic to never analyse what has happened and continue an ideology that is flawed.  There are some who wish to pretend it never happened and never discuss it, and then there are those who wish to selectively use children's deaths to make them feel a little better about their own morality.  Well to the latter I say, I hope to God, you are never in a situation like the 1960's and 1970's in the North of Ireland because your morality may not keep you as warm as you think.

maigheo

excellent post ,Aoise and I would say to the person who started this thread to at least change the title to something less provocative and to cease the cheap point scoring in the name of a 9 year old child.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maigheo on February 25, 2012, 11:55:26 PM
excellent post ,Aoise and I would say to the person who started this thread to at least change the title to something less provocative and to cease the cheap point scoring in the name of a 9 year old child.
Why? Is it cheap point scoring or does it make some folk on here feel uncomfortable that their heroes murdered an innocent child. If it was a Brit, a peeler, UDR man or one of the many sundry "legitimate targets" they wouldn't be apologising, therefore his age is entirely relevant to the story.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore