All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on February 15, 2012, 06:42:22 PM
Best of luck to the lads from Kiltoom and Cam as they enter battle with the gang from the "Leinster side".
Hopefully they are experienced enough to cope with the favouriteism that's heaped on them.
However loacalised squabbles like this take on a life of their own so anything is possible.

No sides to Athlone, it's all in Leinster. Any more lip and we'll look to extend the boundary to the Hudson Bay!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Anyone I ever knew from Athlone were always very animated about which "side" people were from.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2012, 11:22:46 AM
Anyone I ever knew from Athlone were always very animated about which "side" people were from.

They must have been all Westmeath people  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Just noticed on the county website that the stand tickets are only available pre-sale and then from the club or one SuperValu in Athlone, neither of which are convient options. The GAA.ie (run by Ticketmaster) site has tickets but postage will take too long. There's an option to 'pick up at the box office' but I'd doubt how possible that would be at Pearse Park. Anyone with any experience on that front?

AZOffaly

Usually that's fine. It's a caravan that's pulled in beside the ground. You see them at all the games.

Rossfan

Pearse can hold about 15,000 so I imagine there will be plenty of standing room available on the uncovered side.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2012, 03:07:24 PM
Pearse can hold about 15,000 so I imagine there will be plenty of standing room available on the uncovered side.

Which would be the problem! Weather isn't promised terribly bad, but rain is very much possible and there will be noticeable wind.

I'd wonder where the ticket caravan would be given that the stand is all-ticket so there would be no point having it there, I'd guess it'd have to be the terrace side if anywhere? I'd hate to find it, have tickets booked and they stand looking at me dumb-founded without any knowledge of the tickets.

ross4life

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 16, 2012, 10:32:55 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 15, 2012, 06:42:22 PM
Best of luck to the lads from Kiltoom and Cam as they enter battle with the gang from the "Leinster side".
Hopefully they are experienced enough to cope with the favouriteism that's heaped on them.
However loacalised squabbles like this take on a life of their own so anything is possible.

No sides to Athlone, it's all in Leinster. Any more lip and we'll look to extend the boundary to the Hudson Bay!!!
Yeah & all of Carrick on Shannon is in Leitrim.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rory

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 13, 2012, 05:49:07 PM
Also fucked off big time as I am ruled out from travelling, BC jnr has a basketball 1/4 final on Saturday morning and I can't see us making it in time. Hopefully get something sorted but aint looking good. Crokes by 3  :'(

It's the last league game this saturday BC, not a quarter final.  Games at 10, should be over by 11.30, 2 hours down the road you'll make the Cross game :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: rory on February 17, 2012, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 13, 2012, 05:49:07 PM
Also fucked off big time as I am ruled out from travelling, BC jnr has a basketball 1/4 final on Saturday morning and I can't see us making it in time. Hopefully get something sorted but aint looking good. Crokes by 3  :'(

It's the last league game this saturday BC, not a quarter final.  Games at 10, should be over by 11.30, 2 hours down the road you'll make the Cross game :)

Jeez where have you been hiding??? I thought the way he was talking it was 1/4 final, shure I may leave him on his own then, it doesn't really count ;). Fast and all as I drive I don't think my old jallopi would make it in one piece nevermind in time!!! May just have to watch it in the pub ;D

Feckitt

Is the fella who went AWOL from the British Army still playing for Dr Crokes?

Please say yes !!

armaghranger12

Quote from: Feckitt on February 17, 2012, 03:48:49 PM
Is the fella who went AWOL from the British Army still playing for Dr Crokes?

Please say yes !!
#

whats the story behind this? Sounds amusing?

Feckitt

Shortly after the 2009 All-Ireland Final between Cross & Dr Crokes, it emerged that a warrant for the arrest of one of the Crokes players was issued in London because he had gone AWOL from the British Army. 
Unfortunately none of the Crossmaglen players were aware that there was a Brit on the opposing team at the time of the final.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Feckitt on February 17, 2012, 04:32:17 PM
Shortly after the 2009 All-Ireland Final between Cross & Dr Crokes, it emerged that a warrant for the arrest of one of the Crokes players was issued in London because he had gone AWOL from the British Army. 
Unfortunately none of the Crossmaglen players were aware that there was a Brit on the opposing team at the time of the final.

This is a new one by me anyway! Who is the player do you know?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

armaghranger12

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 17, 2012, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 17, 2012, 04:32:17 PM

This is a new one by me anyway! Who is the player do you know?
That a cracking story, any news on who the player was or is that classified ?