All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Remember it is not the winning that counts but the PR battle fro hearts and minds afterwards.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: LeoMc on February 14, 2012, 12:36:07 PM
Remember it is not the winning that counts but the PR battle fro hearts and minds afterwards.

Suck me hole, it's all about winning!

LeoMc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2012, 12:37:08 PM

And that is why they want ye in cages. ;D

Good luck on Sunday.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: LeoMc on February 14, 2012, 12:53:45 PM

Good luck on Sunday.

Thanks for that but I would prefer good luck wishes for Saturday if it's all the same to you, though I may need luck to deal with any fallout from Saturday!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2012, 12:55:05 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 14, 2012, 12:53:45 PM

Good luck on Sunday. Saturday

Thanks for that but I would prefer good luck wishes for Saturday if it's all the same to you, though I may need luck to deal with any fallout from Saturday!!!

Doh.
Saturday suits me better so glad to see that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2012, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2012, 12:25:37 PM
I might go and bring a camcorder. I'll have it focussed on poor Gooch. I expect to have to rate it '18' for extreme violence and, possibly, intimate scenes.

Do really think Gooch will stoop that low, I alwasy thought he'd focus generally on his football.

We used a sweeper last year in a number of games but not once this year.  It is very much man for man and players have their own job to do.

You can't trust the fecker.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sheamy on February 14, 2012, 11:53:24 AM
TG4 have changed what they originally announced. Cross game is live now. Good stuff.

[Correction: It was the GAA press release which was wrong. TG4 were consistent]

Both games should have been live one on Saturday the other on Sunday or one played following weekend.

armaghniac

QuoteBoth games should have been live one on Saturday the other on Sunday or one played following weekend.

30 minute game. Can they not play one one place at 2:00pm and the other at 3:30, both live on TV. Grounds have floodlights nowadays, although it wouldn't be too dark a lot of days at 4:45.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

Who would have the better 'PR machine' of the two teams?
I'd say Dr Crokes machine will be pretty slick but will eventually be bludgeoned into submission by the Cross machine (which runs on green diesel).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

crossfire

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2012, 11:12:02 AM
How many All Irelands have Cross won, and how many Ulsters?

Edit, just went to their website to check. 5 and 8 respectively. That's a fair strike rate coming out of Ulster in fairness. I remember Portlaoise beat them, who else beat them?

Cross have won 9 Ulster titles since 1996.

armaghniac

QuoteCross have won 9 Ulster titles since 1996.

Yes. They only update their website with the various trophies won at the end of the season.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dundrumite

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on February 14, 2012, 10:03:45 PM
QuoteCross have won 9 Ulster titles since 1996.

Yes. They only update their website with the various trophies won at the end of the season.

too much updating otherwise!

Rossfan

Best of luck to the lads from Kiltoom and Cam as they enter battle with the gang from the "Leinster side".
Hopefully they are experienced enough to cope with the favouriteism that's heaped on them.
However loacalised squabbles like this take on a life of their own so anything is possible.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM